World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well if it's structured dick waving people are excited to compete over than who am I to be the curmudgeon.

I need loots though.
What's base ilvl for +20? same as +15? either way, I think the base ilvl is some of the best in the game currently at +15, so they are still getting loot. Now whether or not is has the socket or stats you want is another story entirely, but it's still some of the best loot in the game.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw that video earlier. Every pick makes some amount of sense except the shaman. Prot pally for tank damage, slowness canceled by mountable dungeon. DH for stupid AE burst. Resto druid for most mobile healer. Hunter for good ranged AE damage. But enh shaman? Wouldn't an ele shaman or frost dk provide much more to the group?

@Arbitrary dick waving
Enhance Shaman is one of the best DPS classes in the game currently. They also bring along another AOE stun.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If it's just dick waving than it seems kinda pointless. Speed running, for example, is incredibly difficult and precise but it also doesn't mean much. It's an entirely self-imposed challenge. If someone is doing stuff no one else can do but only getting bragging rights out of it than that is still an accomplishment for them but it isn't going to be something that lights a fire under the rest of the player base.

Same as any other mythic+ timed run. Loot and AP.

But yes, mostly dick waving at that high a level. Gear stops scaling at ilvl 870 (which is...myth+12?). Not sure if AP scales beyond that or not.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Enhance Shaman is one of the best DPS classes in the game currently. They also bring along another AOE stun.

AE stun, AE group run speed, very high single target/cleave damage, reincarnation, bloodlust....

Much better than a Frost DK or (laughs) Ele shaman.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Same as any other mythic+ timed run. Loot and AP.

But yes, mostly dick waving at that high a level. Gear stops scaling at ilvl 870 (which is...myth+12?). Not sure if AP scales beyond that or not.

M11 I believe is where it stops (10 is 865, 11 is 870), anything higher than that has the same base ilvl no matter what.

If you can clear the higher ones reasonably they can still be worth doing but three chesting a +9 will always be the most efficient way to gear up. One chest will have the +9 gear, one will have +10 and one will have +11.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AE stun, AE group run speed, very high single target/cleave damage, reincarnation, bloodlust....

Why laugh at an Ele Shaman? they bring all of that as well, and arguably better AoE damage?

I understand their single target isn't that great right now, and maybe it won't be even come the patch, but typically the time is spent on the trash packs, not so much the bosses, so doing those faster is a net gain.

But to your point, I suppose you can get all that, and not gimp your boss damage by just bringing the Enh Shaman.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Frost has better cleave/AE damage, more than their lower(than enhance) single target. You can get drums for almost lust. Frost has an AE stun, but I'm not sure how reliable it is. Brez and grip are pretty damn useful though.

Elemental shaman has all of that except lacking in the single target department. Knockdown on EQ, even higher AE damage, and being ranged more than makes up for that.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ele shaman, kitties, owls and frost DK's are gonna get benched on high level M+. Regardless of utility. And AE damage means fuck all when you have to single burn targets.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well, fucking awesome. My toon isn't listed on the server transfer page, so now I'm waiting on a ticket to transfer. I was hoping it would be done before I got back from lunch. God dammit.

Khane

Feral actually gets better the higher you go into M+, not worse. Anyone who would "bench" a Frost DK probably has some leftover bias from before they got buffed. Frost DKs are stupid good and they can help a tank kite quite a bit on stupid affix weeks like this one.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You can look at the number of whatever class and spec has completed M+15, and the four specs I listed are on the bottom. Bottom bottom. Like, taking it in the ass bottom.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't know priority burn was that important on higher M+. Elemental and frost are a bit weak in those departments. Unholy?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
IIT - People who smoke a lot of crack.

in in thread??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????questionmark

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Feral actually gets better the higher you go into M+, not worse. Anyone who would "bench" a Frost DK probably has some leftover bias from before they got buffed. Frost DKs are stupid good and they can help a tank kite quite a bit on stupid affix weeks like this one.
I would bench a frost DK over an Enhancement Shaman every day of the week. In comparable gear the aoe dps is lower, the single target dps is lower, they do not have an on demand aoe stun and they do not add group run speed. They are literally worse in every way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would bench a frost DK over an Enhancement Shaman every day of the week. In comparable gear the aoe dps is lower, the single target dps is lower, they do not have an on demand aoe stun and they do not add group run speed. They are literally worse in every way.
Properly played DK should do better AE assuming the shaman didn't proc stormbringer like nuts. Their stun is sorta on demand. No group run speed, but they have grip and brez. I would rate those MUCH higher.

Khane

What else is in your group? Do you need the AE stun? Would you rather a Brez? When choosing between a Frost DK or an Enhance Shaman I would take the player over the class every day of the week because their damage in comparable gear is very close. It really comes down to personal bias. For instance, I haven't played with many enhance shaman but I have played with very good Frost DKs. That's why I'd probably choose the Frost DK because I've seen it in action and know what it's capable of. I'm also a Guardian Druid so windrush totem isn't important to me since my roar is on a shorter cooldown and gives more movement speed.