World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, the frost dk rotation is easier. Not to say enhance shaman priority is anywhere near difficult, it's the hecticness that I really love. But the AE frost dk rotation is braindead simple.

Whoever designed the enhancement shaman this expansion should be working on other classes. It's really a thing of beauty to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What else is in your group? Do you need the AE stun? Would you rather a Brez? When choosing between a Frost DK or an Enhance Shaman I would take the player over the class every day of the week because their damage in comparable gear is very close. It really comes down to personal bias. For instance, I haven't played with many enhance shaman but I have played with very good Frost DKs. That's why I'd probably choose the Frost DK because I've seen it in action and know what it's capable of. I'm also a Guardian Druid so windrush totem isn't important to me since my roar is on a shorter cooldown and gives more movement speed.
I feel like the aoe stun on demand in a +20 is super important. I might be crazy though.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
They don't need the brez with the Druid already there. Someone should just ask the people who did it why...

Also hope you aren't transferring to hyjal acid....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, they did! Well, they still beat the time obviously. But they used the healer's brez on the trash up to Xavius then one of the dps died with about 20% left on Xavius. That it was the class we're debating is irrelevant!

rad

Lord of Guk
Actually, they did! Well, they still beat the time obviously. But they used the healer's brez on the trash up to Xavius then one of the dps died with about 20% left on Xavius. That it was the class we're debating is irrelevant!

:smuggly:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They don't need the brez with the Druid already there. Someone should just ask the people who did it why...

Also hope you aren't transferring to hyjal acid....
Lol. After losing everything Horde I rerolled all my toons to Alliance on Stormrage. The difference in a super pop Full server, compared to Hyjal is nuts. Just the sheer number of guilds raiding on every day of the week, at every hour of the day makes it better so you can pick a guild that really fits your schedule, rather than the other way around. Found a guild that raids 9pm-12am PST, on my days off Sun/Mon... Very little even close on Hyjal, or any low-pop server.

BUT... a co-worker of mine that I RAF'ed a few months back and brought back to Hyjal, is like breh, where you at, let's play... and so I had him RAF me, so I'm back on Hyjal on a Druid, so we'll see what happens. I hate splitting my resources between the 2 factions/characters, but given the speed at which RAF level it'll probably soon be my main.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Couple things about hyjal

We don't raid mythic

We operate on an est schedule

We aren't try hard but we have fun

We've lost about 60% of our raiders due to burn out, botting, or other reasons

We don't heal people not in the clique

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Lol. After losing everything Horde I rerolled all my toons to Alliance on Stormrage. The difference in a super pop Full server, compared to Hyjal is nuts. Just the sheer number of guilds raiding on every day of the week, at every hour of the day makes it better so you can pick a guild that really fits your schedule, rather than the other way around. Found a guild that raids 9pm-12am PST, on my days off Sun/Mon... Very little even close on Hyjal, or any low-pop server.

BUT... a co-worker of mine that I RAF'ed a few months back and brought back to Hyjal, is like breh, where you at, let's play... and so I had him RAF me, so I'm back on Hyjal on a Druid, so we'll see what happens. I hate splitting my resources between the 2 factions/characters, but given the speed at which RAF level it'll probably soon be my main.
Yep I came to hyjal from high pop miss it so much. Started a new character on another high pop. Figure I can raid that way if I want, and eventually transfer when guild closes in a month or so.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I moved from Stormrage where I left 5 or 6 level 100 characters because of 3 hours queues. I'm incredibly hesitant to ever go back there again. Though super sized servers are nice...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And I'd like to reiterate the guild remained exactly as described. A casual hardcore guild that does normal and heroic on Fridays and Mondays 9pm est.

A lot of people wanted more or something else entirely

I understand wanting a mythic guild or wanting alternate raid times but at a certain point I stepped back and let things happen

And here we are again. Almost the same people as we had in wod sticking around.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
And I'd like to reiterate the guild remained exactly as described. A casual hardcore guild that does normal and heroic on Fridays and Mondays 9pm est.

A lot of people wanted more or something else entirely

I understand wanting a mythic guild or wanting alternate raid times but at a certain point I stepped back and let things happen

And here we are again. Almost the same people as we had in wod sticking around.
It'll always be the same. It's a forum guild. The majority of people still around are those that are in a pack of friends in the guild. When you have friends people stick around.

But I am very thankful for the guild as it did exactly what I wanted it to do and provided a fun place to hang out and fun group of people to play with this xpac. Just wish we had recruited outside of the forum or something to possibly make it last longer .... not to say it's dead just that it's hanging on like those last few blockbusters that were open a few years back.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It'll always be the same. It's a forum guild. The majority of people still around are those that are in a pack of friends in the guild. When you have friends people stick around.

But I am very thankful for the guild as it did exactly what I wanted it to do and provided a fun place to hang out and fun group of people to play with this xpac. Just wish we had recruited outside of the forum or something to possibly make it last longer .... not to say it's dead just that it's hanging on like those last few blockbusters that were open a few years back.
We are fine really. Less people logged on at night but that's a symptom of how slow blizzards patches are

We still get 15 to 20 in my raid and last week we had like 30 on a Friday.

Daidraco tried to recruit outside but not sure how it went. I never participated but I didn't care if people did it

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I moved from Stormrage where I left 5 or 6 level 100 characters because of 3 hours queues. I'm incredibly hesitant to ever go back there again. Though super sized servers are nice...
Queues are a thing of the past. They removed them from high pop realms (like stormrage) a few weeks into the expansion. They said they would've done it sooner but they needed time to confirm their tech would work the way they designed/expected it to work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couple things about hyjal

We don't raid mythic

We operate on an est schedule

We aren't try hard but we have fun

We've lost about 60% of our raiders due to burn out, botting, or other reasons

We don't heal people not in the clique
I have my reasons for not coming back right away, but given the RAF bonus to leveling, I'll have a raiding toon at least back on Hyjal. I think more than anything for me the EST times killed it. There was no one online around the times I would be playing, and that was discouraging. I'd say it was 55% burnout/other reasons, and 5% botting though, if we are being truthful about the numbers.

I've been away from the game for about 8 years. Picking it back up as my son wants to play. I'll be basically ground zero. I have friends who play horde, and I can get the legion 100 bump. I'm sorta interested in playing a Monk, but don't want to gimp myself....so couple questions for the Gurus...

a) Are monks fun/viable late game?

b) If they are, would there be an ideal Horde race, or is it basically an aestetic choice at this level? (Leaning towards Blood Elf)

IF monks suck balls, then I'd probably go Death Knight. Also haven't played one of those.

Thanks in advance.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been away from the game for about 8 years. Picking it back up as my son wants to play. I'll be basically ground zero. I have friends who play horde, and I can get the legion 100 bump. I'm sorta interested in playing a Monk, but don't want to gimp myself....so couple questions for the Gurus...

a) Are monks fun/viable late game?

b) If they are, would there be an ideal Horde race, or is it basically an aestetic choice at this level? (Leaning towards Blood Elf)

IF monks suck balls, then I'd probably go Death Knight. Also haven't played one of those.

Thanks in advance.

Monks are in a pretty bad place overall. The tank spec is much maligned and even if it will eventually overgear/overcome/fix its own inadequacies it will forever be tainted this expansion with 'almost as shitty as a DH'. You will be declined as an 880+ monk tank from +2/+3 mythic plus (a complete joke) just because of the bad press. It is currently a very GOOD tank that suffers from a fatal flaw in that it takes a high level of skill to play one well AND it runs out of steam in mythic raid content due to the way brews work right now. It's very good otherwise and a few minor tweaks will make it an amazing tank - the question is A) will those come in 7.1.5 and B) if they do will the negative image wash away to not be a pain in the ass if you are not super geared (just your average Joe tank).

Healer spec is competitive but nothing special. You will probably suffer in that people aren't as familiar with the healing patterns so you will fall behind sometimes when they expect you to be able to spot heal like a paladin/priest/sham but overall it is decent and I don't think you would struggle to get groups. It plays like a handicap druid with a bigger non-hot toolkit and worse/niche cooldowns. For instance, the main single target cooldown puts a healing buff on the target and a shield, however the shield evaporates in one hit on a tank usually and the healing debuff is slaved to the shield debuff so it is basically one mediocre PW:S on a 3 min cooldown. The artifact power is a ~2 sec cast time heal that heals for a ton so it will pretty much always go off after another healer has used a quick heal/CD rather than let your 2-3M megaheal hit. It's just pretty bad. Still it's fun to play and goes to amazing with the right legendaries - but good luck in Vegas on that one.

DPS wise, monks are currently the worst class for raiding. There are a few specs worse than WW, but all of those classes have at least one stronger dps spec than WW. That isn't to say they are not serviceable or that they are useless or there are not insane people with huge gear/lucky legendaries and good parses, but you should be aware they are the worst sustained dps in single target of any class. TL;DR: part of the issue is that the core spell/dps cooldown (SEF) is bugged beyond belief and currently can net you a DPS loss when you use it depending on circumstances. Blizzard has known about the bugs since alpha, they have promised to fix, have not. This means in order to parse well on almost all fights you must go Serenity which requires ABSOLUTE PRECISION on spell usage (we're talking planning out several minutes ahead into the fight) in order to pull ahead of even the broken SEF. If you miss one ability by half a sec, Serenity is a dps loss. It's very razor thin - not hard - but you have to play it well.

On the plus side, WW is amazing in random world content and good in M+. They are, however, one of the most laborious and tedious classes to play properly due to the mastery and the 100% necessary combo strikes talent. They are fun to play if you can stomach the playstyle but very punishing for bad play and unintuitive at times (you have to plan attacks several ahead to maximize resource uses and the rotation is very dynamic). Also, you will barely see your weapons as fist weapons are rarely visible while the monk attacks, which may be a huge negative for you if you like hitting things with swords or axes or whatever.

All that said, depending on how 7.1.5 shakes out they could be very viable again to quasi-insane on multi target if they fix SEF but no one knows how that will play out at this point. If I had to put money on it, I'd say stay away because they are the lowest pop class for a reason and Blizzard does not invest dev time in low ROI fixes.

Any race is fine at this point, play what you like.

DKs are very good but almost immobile at this point compared to every other class.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
He's hating on monk too much. Monk is strong but tricky. Give it a try to see if you like its playstyle.