World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought they said you need to get/buy an item to upgrade your legendaries? They won't automatically be 940 after NH opens (even new drops).

Pretty sure all new drops are auto 940? Guess we'll find out.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought they said you need to get/buy an item to upgrade your legendaries? They won't automatically be 940 after NH opens (even new drops).
New ones will. For old ones, you get a repeatable quest that lets you farm NH bosses (50 drops, hope it's guaranteed drops) to get a token that increase the ilvl.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
They made MM hunter into a single target turret spec that will lose damage if they even try to cleave, and then put them at the bottom of the barrel for single target damage. Just Blizzard things.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They made MM hunter into a single target turret spec that will lose damage if they even try to cleave, and then put them at the bottom of the barrel for single target damage. Just Blizzard things.
Yup. Quitting my hunter and going back to afflic lock.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Holy shit they broke hunters something fierce. Played this shit since vanilla and usually just dealt with the changes cause they haven't been that bad and manageable. These changes are garbage. Not fun at all and shit damage to boot.

Saw those terrible MM changes from a mile off.

BM hunter got buffed, though!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think I have maxed out what I can do as a mega-casual. I completed the "normal" tree on my artifact weapon and maxed out my artifact knowledge and there's very little motivation now for me to complete the daily content. Since the LFG tool necessary to find players for Mythic (including and especially Karazhan) is incredibly toxic I've really avoided anything to do with that entire aspect of the end-game.

Don't get me wrong : it is entirely on me that I don't even have a small 10-ish person group of people to do stuff with as Blizzard really has stepped up their game in terms of supporting the very small guilds. Just my common daily 'unwind' activity has pretty much run its full course.

Is it still the case that 7.2 will open up Vanilla non-modded Mythic to Dungeon Finder? I'm kinda wondering if now is when I should unsub for this expansion and come back whenever they do the Argus business.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Killed Mythic Xavius last night after four attempts. One wipe included me not knowing that difference between a triangle and a circle because I was in "Pad my meter" mode.

Trivial boss really especially considering how much harder cenarius is.

Mythic Odyn/guarm hopefully this Thursday. Then Nighthold!

I'm currently 879 ilvl the lowest ilvl healer in the guild still but Im consistently middle of the pack and approving.

Noodleface Noodleface how is FOH going? You guys clear heroic yet? Or did you quit yet?

• 1Salty

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is it still the case that 7.2 will open up Vanilla non-modded Mythic to Dungeon Finder? I'm kinda wondering if now is when I should unsub for this expansion and come back whenever they do the Argus business.

I can't remember if it's 7.2 (which I think is Tomb of Sargeras?) or next week when Nighthold opens. Unless next week is 7.2 and Tomb of Sargeras is 7.2.5 or something. Argus is 7.3 right?

They definitely stated they are planning it though.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Saw those terrible MM changes from a mile off.

BM hunter got buffed, though!

All specs are still behind everyone else though for DPS though. Was just browsing through top Mythic EN kills and the first hunter on average for any spec didnt show up until rank 400+ or so as of this morning. Was usually just a ton of everything else.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
there any updated spec guides? I wouldn't mind dps'ing on my DH if they don't suck to play now.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
good thing assassination rogues and shadow priests got buffed though their aoe burst is pretty decent now! really happy with the warrior changes on a M+Maw i was pulling 700k on average (large pulls).

our 2 ass rogues were pulling 620k+ on MUrsoc, and our elemental shaman was topping the charts with 580k+ on a few fights. Our MM who was usually top 2-4 was down to 8-9 on the dps chart.

I think we're going to see some buffs to Hunters and probably a few changes to assassination to get that under control, that in the rest of the stuff looked okay. Affliction warlock is really fun to play again now that soul effigy isn't the only way to play the class.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
good thing assassination rogues and shadow priests got buffed though their aoe burst is pretty decent now! really happy with the warrior changes on a M+Maw i was pulling 700k on average (large pulls).

our 2 ass rogues were pulling 620k+ on MUrsoc, and our elemental shaman was topping the charts with 580k+ on a few fights. Our MM who was usually top 2-4 was down to 8-9 on the dps chart.

I think we're going to see some buffs to Hunters and probably a few changes to assassination to get that under control, that in the rest of the stuff looked okay. Affliction warlock is really fun to play again now that soul effigy isn't the only way to play the class.
We gonna get nerfed I think

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Unless next week is 7.2 and Tomb of Sargeras is 7.2.5 or something. Argus is 7.3 right?
Tomb of Sargeras is definitively 7.2, probably Q2. Argus follows, but 7.2.5 or 7.3, who knows.

And then, it's one year until Q3 2018 and the next expansion. Of course.

As for the mythic stuff, I think the one thing I remember is them unlocking mythic-only dungeons for heroic modes in 7.2 (including splits of Karazhan).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Finally cancelled my sub and deleted the game. Legion is fun, but I couldn't help but question wtf I was doing since I have no interest or time to raid seriously and leveling alts/hunting achievements is a pretty poor excuse to waste hours of my life. The whole world quest system is genius and makes the world feel much bigger than in the past thanks to scaling, Suramar is awaesome - for the first time, dungeons are fun, but quickly devolve into +gooderer and the itemization with all the different ilvls, titanforges and WQ rewards feels seriously underwhelming. Top it off with some quite excessive timegating, there's nothing that I won't achieve faster if I decide to come back for 7.3, if/whenever that is. Definitely enjoyed this more than WoD.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how PvP will be. Is it destroyed like everyone stated?