World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Stealth nerf to the best Assassin Rogue relic (MA), no warning in patch notes or test builds. Overwrote my higher ilvl rupture relics (new bis) with MA relics a few weeks ago... What the fucking fuck.

Last edited:

DavivMcD

Peasant
I banked 28 caches for 7.1.5 and got Kil'jaeden's. People kept telling me that loot was generated when the cache is, but (1) I could never find a blue post confirming, (2) I found examples of separate coding for separate chest types in WoW's past, (3) we don't even know if a legendary is a loot generation as opposed to a loot upgrade, and (4) I have zero faith in them being thorough.
Well you might as well have saved them another week to see if it rolled 940. /shrug

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Blizz had the foresight for tricking the AK boost system, if anyone does it and is confused.

My monk had 2 AK ranks to pick up and 1 banked; used the AK20 boost and it only took him to 17 cause it saw I had 3 scrolls I could use to take it to 20.

Just in case anyone else does it and wonders why they didn't get boosted to 20!

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Blizz had the foresight for tricking the AK boost system, if anyone does it and is confused.

My monk had 2 AK ranks to pick up and 1 banked; used the AK20 boost and it only took him to 17 cause it saw I had 3 scrolls I could use to take it to 20.

Just in case anyone else does it and wonders why they didn't get boosted to 20!

That sucks, i was "banking" a few AK on my shaman hoping to boost him to 20+#saved :/

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I mean the item description literally says it uses all unused research documents.
Yes, because everything that Blizz does is well thought out and always works like it was designed to on paper.

rad

Lord of Guk
Yeah regardless of what the system thought it was doing it didn't work for me. It also seems to take into account any currently researching orders too because I have 2 alts sitting at 19 that used 20 book and 1 banked AK. First one I didn't consume till after - 2nd time I did it first, same result on both toons, still lvl 19. The logic of this is beyond stupid, so I'm penalized because I already had an AK researching when I used the book?

Patch has me triggered like no other...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I tried the same thing. Had 2 in the bank, 2 on the vendor. I'm still AK20. No jimmies rustled, because just a game and they actually got this shit right for once.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So before the patch I was able to put artifact power into my Guardian Artifact weapon which is currently maxed at 54 points. Today I cannot. It says "That item cannot be modified"

Did they change their minds about adding new artifact abilities in the future? Do I now need to bank all these stupid tokens if I want to save them for that? *Sigh*

rad

Lord of Guk
Tried to game the system? lol. Don't be one of those Noodle. I'm not complaining about getting jacked of AK north of 20, do you understand that?

Did they ever indicate to stop researching because it would fuck with your AK bump?

"Will allow you to reach Artifact Knowledge Level 20 when used in conjunction with all unused Artifact Research documents. Not usable if the pupil has already researched 20 or more Artifact Research documents."

This all comes down to communication, the item states it will consume any unused AK, which is fine.. My issue is that I'm seemingly being penalized because I had one currently being worked on? I don't see anything in the notes referencing this. It's entirely possible I missed it but I've continued to look and don't see any mention of it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I aggro'd Shar'thos and when I went to the river for the seal clubbing WQ, he was across the water waiting for me.

sharthos1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I mean the item description literally says it uses all unused research documents.

Yeah, it doesn't do this though. It doesn't consume anything, it simply raises you to AK20 (or whatever your scroll is) minus the amount of scrolls you have on you, have waiting to be picked up, or have researching.

This isn't a big deal at all btw, I was just stating it so people didn't think it was bugged when they went to boost an Alt and didn't get the AK level they should have.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Want some of the best gear in the game. You don't get it from raiding. Just talk to a fucking robot. These American Inventors need to be fired.

t5oZbgT.jpg

joz123

Potato del Grande
You can already get legendaries for doin 4 world quests. Getting it from Blingtron isnt gonna change anything. Just accept the fact it is easy to get gear now.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Holy shit they broke hunters something fierce. Played this shit since vanilla and usually just dealt with the changes cause they haven't been that bad and manageable. These changes are garbage. Not fun at all and shit damage to boot.

Khane

Yea, the MM hunter I group with regularly is doing like 200k less dps on movement intensive fights than he did before the patch. It's pretty big

Palum

what Suineg set it to
People are legit pissed today.

I've never seen such a raw bad mood from a patch in recent memory. Probably because no NH and hunter nerfs. Also lol @ people popping tons of crates and getting shitty 910 legos today lulz.

Khane

People are legit pissed today.

I've never seen such a raw bad mood from a patch in recent memory. Probably because no NH and hunter nerfs. Also lol @ people popping tons of crates and getting shitty 910 legos today lulz.

I thought they said you need to get/buy an item to upgrade your legendaries? They won't automatically be 940 after NH opens (even new drops).