World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Our main tank apparently does not use DBM and takes a million smoke breaks per raid.

He's a nice guy and a good player but it really slows down our raid with his unannounced afks and random dying to abilities with DBM triggers.

Luckily the other officers are also getting tired of it and my friend is looking to get a bump up. But she's a lazy fuck who won't grind AP

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Our main tank apparently does not use DBM and takes a million smoke breaks per raid.

He's a nice guy and a good player but it really slows down our raid with his unannounced afks and random dying to abilities with DBM triggers.

Luckily the other officers are also getting tired of it and my friend is looking to get a bump up. But she's a lazy fuck who won't grind AP
Damn, hope you can start progressing through normal EN once you get a new tank

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i haven't really been using DBM on most fights in NH, WeakAuras is the superior addon for boss abilities just takes forever to set up unless you have someone making custom WA for every boss (we got lucky).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i haven't really been using DBM on most fights in NH, WeakAuras is the superior addon for boss abilities just takes forever to set up unless you have someone making custom WA for every boss (we got lucky).
Yeah but at the same time I bet if you were dying on stuff all the time you'd probably use it. I used to raid with a dude that didn't believe in add-ons and he was the worst player I've ever seen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Addons are a crutch!

I like the additional complexity and functionality that addons provide for the game, but Blizzard has done a horrible job of both designing the game some base expectation of their usage and their half-assed integration of some of them. Back when I leveled a panda to 20 for the HS Liadrin portrait, I decided to play without addons because I had no intention of playing anymore after that. The game was quite basic, to put it kindly. It was really hard to get into the game because UI elements were scattered all over and unintuitive.

My brother, who's never played wow previously, did the same thing and had the same complaints. Also, he didn't like how much walking he had to do.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We went 3/10 mythic last night. We're apparently really bad at eating cake. Started work on Krosus as well, since it's apparently much easier than Spellblade. That fights probably going to be really tight.

This trash still sucks complete ass though, Anomaly trash being the biggest offender so far.

I still use boss mods but overall I really don't pay much attention to them anymore, so I should probably get rid of most of the alerts save for maybe a couple timers. DBM spams so much shit at me that I just don't care about that I tend to just start ignoring it altogether. Our GM doesn't run boss mods and does just fine without them. Like most things, if you stop using them you'll start getting used to it over time and probably just start getting some internal clock shit going.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Same boat I use DBM or Weak auras and I try and turn off most abilities but he doesn't install it now as a point of pride since peoe bitch at him.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We went 3/10 mythic last night. We're apparently really bad at eating cake. Started work on Krosus as well, since it's apparently much easier than Spellblade. That fights probably going to be really tight.

This trash still sucks complete ass though, Anomaly trash being the biggest offender so far.

I still use boss mods but overall I really don't pay much attention to them anymore, so I should probably get rid of most of the alerts save for maybe a couple timers. DBM spams so much shit at me that I just don't care about that I tend to just start ignoring it altogether. Our GM doesn't run boss mods and does just fine without them. Like most things, if you stop using them you'll start getting used to it over time and probably just start getting some internal clock shit going.
We tried to skip to krosus but the door was shut. How'd you get there?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I was late getting to the trash, but it didn't seem like there was much of a door there. We just ran past Spellblade and that was it as far as I know. Didn't notice doing anything special, but I'll try and look when we go back tonight.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's convenient to leave up the one that gives you haste bubbles to make trash a little easier. Of course you have to dodge some ground stuff, but it's a good trade off imo.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Got heroic guldan and myth skorp last night. Guldan took us like 20-25 pulls. Then we switched strategies and lust time and was so much easier. Took about 8 real attempts on skorp, it's very much personal responsibility and healing check. One person fucks up and easy wipe as someone said earlier. Once it clicks for everyone pretty easy

Also @xzi if you ever wanna raid mythic let me know. My guild is looking for another hpal

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Got Mythic Scorpyron down to 19% in three pulls after our heroic raid.

Trying to get a third optional raid night on Sunday to help learn encounters.

We did it last week with 3/4 guild run with some pugs to get some learning attempts on botanist and it really paid off.

I'm also the unluckiest person on getting tier pieces

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looks like we did 13 pulls on Skorp (some were early wipes/resets) before our kill tuesday night. We did several pulls on Anomaly and decided our time would be better spent clearing heroic. We went back to Anomaly last night and got it to 19%ish (hit enrage at ~7 minutes as one or two of the healing absorbs went off and wiped an entire side of the room a couple minutes prior). We'll definitely have him next week.

I've heard Trilliax is a loot pinata in mythic.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Looks like we did 13 pulls on Skorp (some were early wipes/resets) before our kill tuesday night. We did several pulls on Anomaly and decided our time would be better spent clearing heroic. We went back to Anomaly last night and got it to 19%ish (hit enrage at ~7 minutes as one or two of the healing absorbs went off and wiped an entire side of the room a couple minutes prior). We'll definitely have him next week.

I've heard Trilliax is a loot pinata in mythic.

Yeah I've heard trilliax is the easiest mythic boss and that's crazy when you see Mythic Scorpion.

It's good because he drops BIS shaman trinket.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep, you're a druid, you'll need at least 5 more years of AP farming to max all your weapons.