World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They'll all be fully mythic cleared this week, just a matter of who gets there first. Boss tweaks to fix exploits or bugs may make things easier (or harder), but most likely it's going to be a gear check. Re-clearing will definitely happen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The big thing was at least one guild banned for exploiting the star augur adds. Guess you can hearthstone and nullify one

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Crafted legendaries are a head scratcher. Without any special power of any kind doesn't that just make it a high ilevel item? By the time you have enough skill to make the thing wouldn't you be expected to have already stumbled across a legendary that had stats AND a special power?

It's probably just for people who don't have a first/second legendary and complain about the drop rates while sitting in dalaran doing their weekly LFR.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We extended the last lockout on Mythic cenarius so we could have a week of attempts on him before we lost cutting edge.
We've extended lockouts in wod if we were on the last boss or something but in general the added gear from bosses 1 through 9 was much more useful to us.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
The big thing was at least one guild banned for exploiting the star augur adds. Guess you can hearthstone and nullify one

it wasn't a hearthstone, they used a monk to take the gravitational pull in Phase4 and then he would use transcendence to teleport out of the room, drop the add in the hallway and then transcend back. apparently if you drop the add off in the hallway he cant get back in.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That actually sounds like a badass way to use transcendence. (Its one of those abilities I've only ever used when trying to do jumping puzzles even though I know it should be of more utility than I take advantage of)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crafted legendaries are a head scratcher. Without any special power of any kind doesn't that just make it a high ilevel item? By the time you have enough skill to make the thing wouldn't you be expected to have already stumbled across a legendary that had stats AND a special power?

I will just answer this concern with a Blizzard Dev Quote:

'What you're seeing through datamining regarding these items right now is EXTREMELY unfinished -- that's why we haven't enabled them for testing on the PTR yet, and currently don't plan to for at least a couple weeks. I wouldn't take their current state as anything more than "there will probably be some Legendary items obtainable through crafting."

They should make a lot more sense once they're in a more fleshed-out state. I'd love to be able to share more details now but, frankly, they're so early in the design process that most of the details don't yet exist.'

That answer makes me wonder if they have any idea about what they want to do. If they are so early in the design process, why bother putting it up on the PTR?

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I will just answer this concern with a Blizzard Dev Quote:

'What you're seeing through datamining regarding these items right now is EXTREMELY unfinished -- that's why we haven't enabled them for testing on the PTR yet, and currently don't plan to for at least a couple weeks. I wouldn't take their current state as anything more than "there will probably be some Legendary items obtainable through crafting."

They should make a lot more sense once they're in a more fleshed-out state. I'd love to be able to share more details now but, frankly, they're so early in the design process that most of the details don't yet exist.'

That answer makes me wonder if they have any idea about what they want to do. If they are so early in the design process, why bother putting it up on the PTR?

Does not compute...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
it wasn't a hearthstone, they used a monk to take the gravitational pull in Phase4 and then he would use transcendence to teleport out of the room, drop the add in the hallway and then transcend back. apparently if you drop the add off in the hallway he cant get back in.
Yeah you're right. I guess hearthstone works too and another guild was using that but stopped.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The reason under-developed items/events show up on the PTR is because they don't run multiple test environments (see EQN on why that's a terrible development practice). So when a PTR build gets pushed, it's the build from their internal test environment. It would be impractical to assign someone to cull underdeveloped items from each build (it's a test environment after all).

We'd never know they were even working on crafted legendaries if Blizz disallowed data mining.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone have logs from NH of what they'd say are good warrior tanks? I'd like to compare my logs and see my deficiencies. Also others have e analyzed me in the past so if anyone wants to take a look (Foh logs are public) that'd be appreciated.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We use a warrior tank. He's good enough. Here's our first normal logs.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft
Nice thanks. His numbers are great. I think our casts are not too far off from eachother. He hit the shit luck with legendaries though.

i am not a top tier warrior tank by any means but i do well, Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

We're pretty close in terms of normal rankings. We just started heroic so I cant' compare there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodleface Noodleface Jester's Warrior is really good for showing "how to dps" - something i need to improve on. but his survivability is a fair bit lower than mine. so depending on what area you want to focus on the logs are there.
I feel like my DPS (and alkoren's) is in a decent enough spot that we need to focus on survivability a bit more. I'm working on timing my shield blocks better and trying to remember to fill the gap with Nelth's fury (something I forget all the time). Also been trying to include spell reflect a bit more since it was basically unused for awhile.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ironically that would make them about in line with crafting in general this expansion. Odd and making you question if there was any case you would ever go through the time and effort to create the item when you can get better just derping around with world quests for much less effort.