World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't your strategy the same as ours? Drop the dead weight and kill it with less people?
Yes and no lol...we found that his abilities didn't actually scale smaller. But we did drop 1 or 2 people. We were lusting at a bad time and not stacking/unstacking which we found to be super useful when we did.

Last night we wiped 15 times on CA never getting him below 30%. Then switched strategy and got him to 8% before wiping due to a bad call to send me to interrupt the add and raid wiping to heal absorb going off without having my raid heals. Switched new interrupter but final 2 pulls people ate orbs or stupid stuff so we didn't get him down before our 3 hours were up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I watched the SNF world first CA kill vid and felt like a complete scrub. They let him channel 16 stacks of power overwhelming; we had to interrupt at 8 at the absolute latest or lose people to one shots.

Then I learned PO was bugged during their kill and was hotfixed a short time later. That made the scrub pill easier to swallow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We killed him on an off night so I guess we didn't actively lose the dead weight. We went to do a quick NH normal run and most people didn't bother logging in for it. Big surprise our best players were basically the only ones who showed up and when we finished normal decided to just go get some attempts on heroic gul'dan. We killed him on the second attempt.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The race will get more entertaining if guldan isn't killed this lockout

I agree... this is the first mythic race I have paid any attention to. Do these types of guilds get hung up on bosses in a 2nd clear? Or once they kill it once it always dies in a reasonable amount of time?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree... this is the first mythic race I have paid any attention to. Do these types of guilds get hung up on bosses in a 2nd clear? Or once they kill it once it always dies in a reasonable amount of time?
It'll really come down to who can clear up to guldan again and usually whoever has the most time there will clear it first. Especially with an unknown phase.

There have been times in the last when bosses like muru were cock blocks

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, on ToV for instance Method had like 20 wipes on Odyn week 2.

Lock out for those guys is like 16 hours away since they are on Wednesday Patch Day in Europe. It will probably be close but I bet someone gets it before reset, possibly 3 people.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Yes, on ToV for instance Method had like 20 wipes on Odyn week 2.

Lock out for those guys is like 16 hours away since they are on Wednesday Patch Day in Europe. It will probably be close but I bet someone gets it before reset, possibly 3 people.
I'm thinking it lasts. With a whole new phase on guldan. Unless very poorly tuned new things to learn in 1 day of raiding...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea its normal for holds ups, i was watching them wipe on M-EN xavius 4x in a row in mid December, obviously split clearing at that point but these "top 5 guilds" aren't always 1 shot all the times when stuff is on farm.

You can just extend lockouts, so they wont get loot from the first 9 bosses again but they get another week of working on gul'dan, we extended when we were working on Mythic Guarm and Mythic Cenarius

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
yea its normal for holds ups, i was watching them wipe on M-EN xavius 4x in a row in mid December, obviously split clearing at that point but these "top 5 guilds" aren't always 1 shot all the times when stuff is on farm.

You can just extend lockouts, so they wont get loot from the first 9 bosses again but they get another week of working on gul'dan, we extended when we were working on Mythic Guarm and Mythic Cenarius
They probably need the gear from the 9 bosses

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is different then being 9/10 and losing a week of 9 bosses where every drop is an upgrade for the raid *shrug*.

Are you on Bleeding Hollow Tigs?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know next to nothing on the leet strats for Mythic progression races, but I can't imagine it would help any group to extend a lockout and artificially lower their group's overall ilevel by 4-5 points. I saw some people were 2 healing star auger because the DPS check was so tight.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know next to nothing on the leet strats for Mythic progression races, but I can't imagine it would help any group to extend a lockout and artificially lower their group's overall ilevel by 4-5 points. I saw some people were 2 healing star auger because the DPS check was so tight.
I guess if you only think you beat the previous bosses by luck you might but my bet is most of them think that with the new gear they will be back at Guldan on like day 2 if they don't get him this week.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Crafted legendaries are a head scratcher. Without any special power of any kind doesn't that just make it a high ilevel item? By the time you have enough skill to make the thing wouldn't you be expected to have already stumbled across a legendary that had stats AND a special power?