World of Warcraft: Current Year

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
They did a massive banwave of bots right before this :D

Basically they will have to be hot on bots from now on or they are just going to convert gold to b.net as fast as they can and then buy new accounts with that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They did a massive banwave of bots right before this :D

Basically they will have to be hot on bots from now on or they are just going to convert gold to b.net as fast as they can and then buy new accounts with that.

To what end? Can't you only buy digital copies with bnet so it'll all be the same bnet account?

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
I thought they ban by WoW license not by b.net acct
Correct.

So you can buy as many licenses as you want. As long as your bot makes enough to pay for its banning and reinitialization then all you have lost is CPU cycles.

You might even see a very small subset of people that not gold to buy hearthstone cards.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
$20 to buy a token that is worth $15... Blizzard is making tons of money off of this any way you look at it.

Even if gold farmers drive up the gold price for the token to levels where a "legit" player can't afford them (like they are now), that token has already made blizzard money. The higher gold price just makes it more attractive for people to buy tokens with cash. $$$$

Khane

Got something right about marriage
$20 to buy a token that is worth $15... Blizzard is making tons of money off of this any way you look at it.

Even if gold farmers drive up the gold price for the token to levels where a "legit" player can't afford them (like they are now), that token has already made blizzard money. The higher gold price just makes it more attractive for people to buy tokens with cash. $$$$

It won't ever really get to a point where a legit player can't afford it. The price will dip back down to affordable levels again because they have actual market data (since they own all the data) and control the prices themselves (talking about Blizzard). It behooves them to adjust the price based on market forces otherwise nobody buys the tokens because they can't sell them for in game gold anymore. Blizzard controls the prices of the tokens on the AH.

It's the one market the gold farmers can't really have any impact on.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try $300.00 now for a Spider mount. Tokens on AH for 103k each. It is almost at a level where it would be worth it to sell them. The price will have to come down or it will make it difficult for a casual player to pay for their monthly fee. Yes gold is easy to make but there is a limit to how easy.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The tokens have been like 200k+ in the non U.S. regions for a while. They might come back down but there is enough gold out there that it doesn't really matter. I am still sitting on somewhere between 8-10mil that I made at the start of legion and thats after buying like 30 tokens.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Essentially what will happen is what used to happen before tokens existed. Players would sub at the beginning of an expansion and play it for a few months. Then they would unsub for a year and maybe come back towards the end. The token system allowed players to just stay in the game because they were not using "real" money to pay for it. I am speaking of the casual player when I say player. The "gold-play time" system kept the population at a good level throughout. Now the casual player can no longer afford using gold to pay for time and we will see a major decrease in players. I know I would not bother staying subbed to this game if not for gold paying for my wife and me to play. The game really is not all that much fun after a few months but it helps pass the time while I am at work. I can easily afford the monthly cost but just would not want to pay the fee. Families that were using this system will stop playing as well. I have plenty of time built up and so I am not going anywhere for a while but I have no doubt that players going month to month will just stop playing.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The tokens have been like 200k+ in the non U.S. regions for a while. They might come back down but there is enough gold out there that it doesn't really matter. I am still sitting on somewhere between 8-10mil that I made at the start of legion and thats after buying like 30 tokens.
Confirmed Jew

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I turned all my tokens into cash then have been buying any tokens available since I've got so much gold I don't have anything left to spend it on.

Heck even just flipping the tokens into more gold will be quite profitable for me shortly since I had my 10 token cap I got all for around 30k before. Been able to grab about 12 more since from 59k-82k.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Method got 3rd place for M Gul'dan. People didn't think the Serenity switch would stop them but it looks like it did have an affect.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Method is pretty much built from the ground up again except for like 5 dudes isn't it?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Send me some gold!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They capped the Blizzard Balance. I got to $105.00 and can no longer add to it. The tokens cannot be placed in your bank and so you have to hold them in your bags ROFL. I was just going to use the Balance for Hearthstone expansions. I guess I can flip some tokens in about 8 hours when they are 250k each.