World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The same shit seems to happen with my guild on every progression boss.

First night we make good headway start to get into later phases things look like they are progressing on each pull. Second night nobody can fucking do anything and we can't even make it to phase pushes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The same shit seems to happen with my guild on every progression boss.

First night we make good headway start to get into later phases things look like they are progressing on each pull. Second night nobody can fucking do anything and we can't even make it to phase pushes.
Since you pulled it on me..

Welcome to raiding

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Sumdain x Sumdain x or any other monks that played ptr? How has brew playstyle changed with the isb uptime nerf? Will it be easy to adapt to or take awhile?

it took me a little, i had to end up using a weakaura for it. Currently on live i have a bar timer that counts down my ISB uptime, i have been toying with the bar and adding a sound que so that it makes a noise when i am "<3 full stacks" so for example if ISB uptime total is 27 seconds at 9 seconds per stack it will make a beep or a noise as soon as i hit 18 seconds remaining. I have not had a problem with ISB being down at critical times but it does take a slightly different pattern if you are using BoB since you cant just chug 3 brews and immediately BoB.

using the 4 piece T19 set bonus and a 880 BTI I am actually able to purify more often than i am on live to stop myself from brew capping. using the 4 piece T20 set bonus i can definitely tell there is slightly less brew gen and while i haven't ran the numbers i feel like i am still getting slightly more purifies. The T20 set bonus i think is superior overall just due to the amount of decreased damage it adds up to.

I think the monk kit actually ends up being stronger, with additional abilities proc'ing our dodge mastery, i am sitting at 60% dodge more often than not, coupled with higher base armor (+ the new armor trinket from Goroth and the DMD) i feel like we are overall stronger tanks.

I think with the 725 patch tank balance is at an all time high, warriors are getting their IP scaling increased slightly, DKs are going to be in a very good spot, and VDH have been improved with their additional talents and slight changes to their kit. If i had to rank them i would still place Monk at the top.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you do the nether disruptor + wyrmtongue chest farming + all the LFR + Emmissaries you'll probably get 2 leges a week. My record is 3 in 3 days (but that included a weekly reset M -> T -> W)

Thanks, this worked so far w/o doing the LFR or Emmissaries, 50 portals each day for 3 days, netted 2 legos. Emmissaries and LFR seem like too much; after countless hours farming in EQ and Vanilla raiding, I find it unpalatable these days.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What always surprised me about raiding is once you kill the hardest boss one time, you might wipe every once in a while, but you pretty much always kill it after that. It's really strange how that works. Weeks trying to beat something, but then it's easy as shit. Even if that first victory was almost a hail mary attempt, where you NEARLY wipe but like 5 people get the last 1% done. Really strange.

Cybsled

Back in Vanilla our guild had that issue with C'Thun. Had the boss down pat, then we went through a long phase where the entire guild seemed to forget how to do the boss and we kept dying.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Back in Vanilla our guild had that issue with C'Thun. Had the boss down pat, then we went through a long phase where the entire guild seemed to forget how to do the boss and we kept dying.

This happens a lot to a lot of groups. Basically people start failing out on stuff they know they can do then get pissed at themselves/others and it just snowballs and gets worse for a bit until people pull their head back out of their ass and calm down and just work the problem.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We managed to one night clear once after killing mythic Guldan. Every other week it's been a clusterfuck of people forgetting how the fuck to kill half the bosses in NH. It's really stupid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I uh.. I have a rogue
a pirate rogue
you take me tonight at 735 you won't regret it buddy