World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Guess it's time to level my mage.

Oh, wait, no. Alts are fucking clown shoes now, especially with the M+ changes. Thanks, Blizzard.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been plodding along getting my fucking Sin dagger nice and leveled and slowly building up my Outlaw swords... and now it swaps and god damn it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I went to stormheim to check if the legion assault PL method was still viable.

The mobs no longer give any exp at all lol.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I'm back and finally on my lock which I just got to 110. Whats the fastest way to gear up new alts? I'm guessing M+ or WQ?

The fastest and easiest way to gear up is basically broken shore. If you can do an invasion if you catch one up with your alt the amount of nethershards you get will give you nearly a full set of 850+ gear and requires no ilevel to do the invasion. You get a bunch of item drops in the invasion and then can go to broken shore and buy the rest of the blue level things from the vendor. You basically need to get 1 ring 1 trinkets and some relics and for those basically just watch the WQ to fill in a specific slot or just get more nether shards to buy the purple level upgrade stuff which does have relic options.

They really need to add a blue quality relic thing in broken shore as relics are proving probably the only somewhat annoying thing to get on alts.

But do that and you would be geared up for normal raids/mythics/dungeons whatever basically.

Another option if you enjoy it is pvp. The rewards for doing pvp are actually pretty good and for classes/specs that like versatility really good.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I went to my bank on an alt I haven't done much with in a while and noticed he still had an unopened WoW 12th anniversary celebration package. I don't know why I never opened it on that particular character but I thought "Eh let me see if the celebration token is bugged or something".

Sure enough it works and even though it says it requires WoW's 12th anniversary celebration it gives me the experience and rep buff (12% to each).

All my other characters who had opened it during the celebration had that token stop working once the celebration was over but it looks like if you never opened it during the actual celebration it works now.

Cybsled

No, it came out in the fall of 2004. 12 year anniversary was 2016. They probably just didn't care enough to disable the old token.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my guild just ran me through a bunch of M+ and now I'm like 890 but still doing shit damage. Can't figure out if Destro is really that bad right now (fingers crossed on Tuesday) or if all the power creep is in AP. If it is, fuck me fuck blizzard and fuck anything else that uses cock blocking time gate mechanics. It's going to take me like a month or two to catch up I feel like.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So my guild just ran me through a bunch of M+ and now I'm like 890 but still doing shit damage. Can't figure out if Destro is really that bad right now (fingers crossed on Tuesday) or if all the power creep is in AP. If it is, fuck me fuck blizzard and fuck anything else that uses cock blocking time gate mechanics. It's going to take me like a month or two to catch up I feel like.
power creep is in AP and in having all 3 relics up

Palum

what Suineg set it to

AP is massive. You will do shit damage until you at least catch up to cap the new traits and you'll always be behind until you go full 52.