World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I watched asmongold trudge through Argus and to be honest it looks fun. Is it more of the same? Yeah, but it's like the regular zones and not like broken shore - at least right now.

Part of me is excited just because it's something new for us. Sure they're just zones, but it seems awesome to me.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really tired of Blizz taking away flying in every xpac and every patch. It's such lazy design. They want to funnel you in certain directions and gate you in certain ways. Shit is getting old.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Really tired of Blizz taking away flying in every xpac and every patch. It's such lazy design. They want to funnel you in certain directions and gate you in certain ways. Shit is getting old.

I would've agreed pre Legion but they did a ton in Legion to make up for the fact there wasn't flying, zones were easy to navigate and the flight whistle is still amazing. No flying on Argus probably isn't going to be a big deal at all since they've finally learned how to make zones not feel like ass on the ground. (WoD having 5ft high walls you have to run 3 minutes to get around, for example)

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would've agreed pre Legion but they did a ton in Legion to make up for the fact there wasn't flying, zones were easy to navigate and the flight whistle is still amazing. No flying on Argus probably isn't going to be a big deal at all since they've finally learned how to make zones not feel like ass on the ground. (WoD having 5ft high walls you have to run 3 minutes to get around, for example)

I agree with this. With the flight masters whistle I honestly never had a problem in legion with lack of flight. By the time I wanted to go elsewhere the whistle was up and I could quickly get to anywhere on the broken isles. Also this time the hub is much more centrally located so unlike WOD where the horde main base was the ass end of nowhere and the alliance on the total opposite side of the land mass.

I will assume they will either have flight masters whistle still available in argus or something similar to it. It looks like there are going to be teleporter pads for movement so may be a teleporter beacon of some sort.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To me flying is just a whole other experience. Ease of getting around, I agree, is not the problem in Legion. When I first saw Suramar for the first time super high in the air I was mystified. I finally saw how it all came together. I don't know. Stupid shit like that.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
We didn't have flight in queldanas or however you spell it. It's honestly not a new thing.

Flying only existed in Outland during BC. Quel'danas was built during BC, and was part of the vanilla no-flying areas, even if it was instanced off the belf capital. Which was also a no flying zone, since the capital was "connected" to Azeroth (Eversong and Ghostwoods), same with the Space Monkey area. Though even if you could fly in Outland, it wasn't that convenient, since the land mass was soooooo fucking huge, and not often were you blocked by high walls on the ground.

Remember how Dalaran used to be no flight? You could fly into it, but it would dismount you if you got too close to the ground, and you couldn't mount and fly out unless you were on Krasus landing? From a fantasy perspective, "northern winds" was a reasonable excuse for no flying in Northrend, but the high gold price was a terrible means of obtaining it if they were being true to the fantasy.

Cataclysm made the rest of Azeroth flyable, except monkey island and belf areas.

Same thing in Mists as it was in Wrath - "can't see through the mists", but again, they failed the fantasy by putting it behind gold and max level.

Warlords just told us to go fuck ourselves with flying, and forced you on the ground for no reason. They put in 1000 flight points, but two flight points could be close and blocked off from each other on the ground entirely. And even with no flying, Draenor still felt half the size of Outland.

Legion, they doubled down on the go fuck yourself, but then made flying not that important - except for Broken Shore, which is literally the biggest pile of shit they've released for content in a long time.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
God damn it. I have 1,710 bloods and still nothing to use them on. I'm an enchanter/miner. Boooooo

I've been using the Bloodhunter shoulder enchant since the beginning, since it nets more enchanting mats than the one for enchanting mats. I have quite a few Bloods laying around. :D

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm curious why pvp equipment rewards are 880, but all the rest of the wq items have been pretty consistently 855 since 7.2.5... doesn't make much sense.