World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hotfix in testing:

Due to camera issue complaints, the bubble holding back the water for Mistress Sassz'ine will now burst at 90%, flooding the room and requiring players to swim to move. The poison cloud from her adds will reduce swim speed by 100% in addition to hit chance.
Shit man didn't know a blizzard employee besides tenks posted here

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Indeed.

RNG meta, on RNG meta, on RNG meta. Where no one will know which relic is an upgrade until they put it in the crucible, which makes it bound to that character; therefor making all relics into upgrades.

Those people running master looter drama, I pity thee. Those people doing personal loot, welcome to the end of relic trading.

I hate this system already.

Remember when they walked back the 7.2 relics changes because they were too random. The logic in these devs never ceases to astonish me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Remember when they walked back the 7.2 relics changes because they were too random. The logic in these devs never ceases to astonish me.

If it's EVEN MORE RANDOM then it stops being random

If you basically get fucked every time it's 100% chance to get fucked

It's like reverse lottery ticket logic

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
They need to change how you get Flying in the next expansion. Now, I understand, and sympathise with their reasoning, that if you get flying as soon as you hit max lvl for the expansion then a shit ton of their work and design for quests and zones is negated. However, the way it has been implemented for the past two expansions is just retarded.

If I were a Blizz dev I'd do it in one of two ways:

1. Everyone gets flying with patch X.1. That way everyone has been forced on the ground for a good chunk of the expansion, has done most they need to do, and seen all there is to be seen. No need to jump through hoops.

or

2. Complete the expansion's exploration and quest achievements, nothing more. Again, then you've seen and done all as it was "meant" to be. Adding things to this is just a big "fuck you".

Why the sweet flying fuck do you need me to be at max rep with each and every faction to fly?

/rant off :)

Burns

Makes total sense, they couldn't fix the RNG and didn't have time to make anything else new for our artifacts, so I guess it turned into 'fuck it, release it'. It is also a bit funny that they made the new Lego ring, that buffs the second tier in the netherlight crucible relic tree, a quest item. So, look guys, no more RNG for BiS Lego...

Here is the relic tree builder from wowhead, for anyone that hasn't seen it (be aware, small bug, in game you can not have two of the same traits on the same relic):
Artifact Weapon Calculator - World of Warcraft
-load a relic into your chosen weapon first, go to the tabs at the bottom, select crucible, hit reroll button to see how much fun and excitement the new system will bring to the game.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hotfix in testing:

Due to camera issue complaints, the bubble holding back the water for Mistress Sassz'ine will now burst at 90%, flooding the room and requiring players to swim to move. The poison cloud from her adds will reduce swim speed by 100% in addition to hit chance.

You got to hell ! You go to hell and you die !
Haha ;p

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They need to change how you get Flying in the next expansion. Now, I understand, and sympathise with their reasoning, that if you get flying as soon as you hit max lvl for the expansion then a shit ton of their work and design for quests and zones is negated. However, the way it has been implemented for the past two expansions is just retarded.

If I were a Blizz dev I'd do it in one of two ways:

1. Everyone gets flying with patch X.1. That way everyone has been forced on the ground for a good chunk of the expansion, has done most they need to do, and seen all there is to be seen. No need to jump through hoops.

or

2. Complete the expansion's exploration and quest achievements, nothing more. Again, then you've seen and done all as it was "meant" to be. Adding things to this is just a big "fuck you".

Why the sweet flying fuck do you need me to be at max rep with each and every faction to fly?

/rant off :)
I don't get what the big deal really is. Flight whistle made flying almost irrelevant

• 1Picard

Molten Core Raider
I don't get what the big deal really is. Flight whistle made flying almost irrelevant

I consider myself a pretty avid pro-flying player, but I was able to accept the changes they made this expansion with the whistle and flight paths, however, Like Aaron said, I still think they need to do some tuning on the getting there part. Once you are there its easy to get back, but spending 5 minutes running up a hill only to find out you cant get where you are going from where you are was maddening.

If they just made it easier to navigate terrain by letting mounts climb more inclines (most anything short of straight up) then at least your chances of getting where you were going from any direction were good enough the vast majority of the time that it would seldom be a problem. It was better this expansion that previous but letting there only be one path to an out of the way place made me miss flying.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
but spending 5 minutes running up a hill only to find out you cant get where you are going from where you are was maddening.

This was entirely intentional and something they picked up during WOD (which drove me fucking insane, and part of the reason the demon hunter has double jump this expansion). But it's arbitrary shit like this that increases the play time for leveling. Supposedly it also "increases immersion" because you get fucking lost. I agree that it is maddening, but they're also not wrong, even if I don't like it.

They also delay obtaining flying to kind of keep the market from flooding with mats too early on. Which is fine. But again, needing shit beyond exploration and quest completion, after a certain timegate, should be the only restrictions. And a year after the expansion, should be something everyone is just given. Not having flying this late, even though it really only takes a few days to get 110, and being forced to wait like 2-3 weeks, or more, to get all the rep necessary, just seems trite. In fact, any reputation restrictions after a year should be removed, or given vastly accelerated rates of obtaining. Kind of like they're doing with some things in 7.3.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, sure you get lost the first or second time you have to get to that specific point on the map. But if you keep getting lost/stuck after that you may be a mouth-breathing retard, just saying.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I understand WHY they did it, and I know that it is mostly MY problem, I just dont get the immersion thing. I havent ever been lost and thought, wow, this is immersive, or seen other players and suddenly felt more connected to the world. I guess I felt it more this expansion because there was SO much shit I wanted/needed to do. I love 5 mans, so the mythic plus system was awesome to me, add that to the casual raids our guild does, sometimes with an alt raid, plus the crafting stuff, trying to keep my primary alts caught up,I was overwhelmed with stuff to do. I just wanted to get the "chores" over so I could move on to the other stuff.

Ive enjoyed this expansion, even if some of the content came a little too quickly for my pace (I understand that is all a matter of perspective).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Couldn't you buy rep tokens in WoD? I seem to remember having actually sold a couple of WoW tokens to buy rep tokens to get WoD Flying. Why haven't they put this in Legion, or have they and I haven't noticed?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All Faction Rep tokens go live tomorrow. Individual Rep tokens have been in game since launch.

I don't think there were all faction rep tokens in WoD until Tanaan Jungle patch so it lines up the same as it did for WoD

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, sure you get lost the first or second time you have to get to that specific point on the map. But if you keep getting lost/stuck after that you may be a mouth-breathing retard, just saying.

It isnt so much the getting lost part, but I agree with the concept. The issue (however slight it might be?) is you want to go to destination a, one day you are east of destination a, and can run right there. The next day you are west, and in order to get there you have to run ALL the way to the spot you were yesterday, to get onto the single path that gets you there, essentially making you run past destination a, then back to your destination. If they made it so there were more easily multiple accessible routes, it would simply make travel easier. I also said they did a much better job of doing that in this expansion, a little more fine tuning and they can take my flying mount with no hard feelings.

I also understand they feel it increases immersion, and definitely increases playtime. I just think there is enough to do I dont need my playtime increased just for the sake of increasing it but that isnt how the devs feel. I accept this, but that doesnt mean one cant wish for minor change?

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't you buy rep tokens in WoD? I seem to remember having actually sold a couple of WoW tokens to buy rep tokens to get WoD Flying. Why haven't they put this in Legion, or have they and I haven't noticed?
This would be fucking sweet. Would allow me to skip over the rep gates in Suramar and finish the quest lines. I actually think the quest lines in Suramar are pretty cool and they'd still be cool even if I didn't have to grind rep.

• 1Like

Burns

Like Khane said, Argus will have 1000 to all rep tokens, same as WoD, but they are BoA (Unlike the tradeable WoD ones). Demon's Soulstone

• 1Like