World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, all the zones in the future expansion will be underwater zones like Vash'jir? That would solve the eternal flying/no flying question, since everything would be in a 3d environment anyway! Blizz thinking outside the box! :D

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Undead Masterrace!

No wait they'll cheese it and rob my alchemists of their profits.

I liked Vashj'ir. Visually and lorewise and everything.
Did still not go there when leveling my melee chars.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When the Naga were part of the most recent expansion I rolled my eyes. As mentioned they have been a persistent minor nuisance for quite awhile and one I had hoped we'd just get away from eventually.

With Storm seeming a focus point of this I wonder if Elemental Shaman will get some significant role to play. Just not sure after the planet hopping adventures of Legion if I can buy into a Little Mermaid themed expansion.

Wonder if the Nightborne, as former subjects of Azshara, will have a special role to play in all this or if they will do the usual thing where they ignore the characters / plot of the most recent expansion.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love underwater zones but if they do this seriously, they are going to have to fix GTAOE (and probably a few other interactions that I'm missing).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe I'm in the minority but I have an extreme fear of deep water and the underwater zone already gave me anxiety enough that I only ran it once. I realize how fucking stupid that sounds. I did like the zone for what it was, and is definitely unique, just couldn't go back

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe I'm in the minority but I have an extreme fear of deep water and the underwater zone already gave me anxiety enough that I only ran it once. I realize how fucking stupid that sounds. I did like the zone for what it was, and is definitely unique, just couldn't go back
It was nice playing with you.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Even if it is an Under the Sea expansion I would guess most zones would not be underwater zones. They always manage to have a variety of zone types even in the most clear-cut themed expansion. In this case there will be the obligatory Atlantis type area, some sort of pirate-themed shanty town made from upside down shipwrecks with extensive air pockets, at least one zone based not in the water but in a storm cloud etc.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It would be good to get some eye-appealing blues and turquoises and a break from the brown, purple, and green we've been stuck with for years.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Raki Paladin checking in

hqdefault.jpg

• 1Barf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So the timeline is something like this :

Anduin shipwrecks in Pandaria and we follow and face lots of yummy food as well as negative emotions made manifest, we beat up our feelings and a crazy orc escapes Pandaran justice to an alternate reality
Alternate reality invades and we curb stomp them back, but not before another crazy orc summons the Legion back to Azeroth
We curb stomp the Legion and then follow them back to their house and fuck them up there as well but not before they stab Azeroth with a magical hell blade while we also get a glimpse of the horror the Legion was trying to fight in their very misguided way.

I'm not sure how anything we've seen (or are forecast to see) in Legion leads to underwater shennanigans. It could be totally unrelated, but they have been doing pretty good with connecting them until now.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm not sure how anything we've seen (or are forecast to see) in Legion leads to underwater shennanigans. It could be totally unrelated, but they have been doing pretty good with connecting them until now.

Jaina or Sylvanas (not sure which one, hey, maybe both) is driven mad by N'zoth and tries to Take Over The World, with the help of Queen Azshara, who is desperate to ally with someone who isn't the Alliance or Horde now that the Legion has gone byebye and she realizes she's likely next. Of course, she's still next, and we'll respond by beating her up while still maintaining that there's a reason for factions. At least we can be reasonably sure that Greymane won't be a leading force in this one, because he's a wet noodle (no offense, Noodleface Noodleface ).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ahhh yes I had indeed forgotten about crazy-bitch1 and crazy-bitch2. I had expected that Jaina would have shown up all angry and Dark Phoenix by now.