World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well, @mrcheese, it's your time.

Screenshot_20171205-213837.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Limit is 8/11M. If this holds up we may see a US world first. That's a lot of ground for method and exorsus to catch up

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Speaking of pets, everyone should start building battle pet teams now. When BfA comes out, I want to put together a guild battle pet tournament. Get some good battle pets ready or you'll get creamed.

What sort of format do you have in mind for this tournament? Best of 3? Best of 7? Can you swap out pets at will or do you have to declare a roster? Are there bans? I need more information.

My brother and I used to play a version of pokemon where we’d both put the cartridge in our gameboys to start a new game at the exact same time then set a time to battle (3-4 hrs later). Something like that could be interesting.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Limit 9/11 shiiiit

They are probably in DEFCON 5 mode right now buffing the shit out of the last two bosses so they aren't steamrolled by tomorrow.

edit: also, incoming "we had no idea how hard the poopsockers would poopsock this raid"

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm really interested in hearing how you folks have your movement keys mapped. I've had my keyboard in the default keymapping since Vanilla, bot only recently started to experiment after I realised that I would click to activate most of my abilities mapped to the function keys. So I ended up re-mapping action keys to the number keys and the qwerty line, and rebinding strafing to a and d (since I used my mouse to turn). I also only needed s for backing a bit as I use my mouse to move forwrad.

Still, I feel as though this is not truly optimal and so thought I'd hear how you folks have it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
W is forward, S is back, A and D are strafe and Q is autorun. I have a Naga so all abilities are done on the mouse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm really interested in hearing how you folks have your movement keys mapped. I've had my keyboard in the default keymapping since Vanilla, bot only recently started to experiment after I realised that I would click to activate most of my abilities mapped to the function keys. So I ended up re-mapping action keys to the number keys and the qwerty line, and rebinding strafing to a and d (since I used my mouse to turn). I also only needed s for backing a bit as I use my mouse to move forwrad.

Still, I feel as though this is not truly optimal and so thought I'd hear how you folks have it.

I have all abilities that are used in combat (and a few used outside it, like mounts) bound to my 20 button mouse (Logitech G600MMO Gaming Mouse - Black - Newegg.com). I play with mouse look on, use WSAD to move, shift as a modifier key (with mouse buttons), and tab to cycle targets. Tab can be rather frustrating at times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wsad for movement, then important shit 1-5, Q, E, Z, X, etc

I have a MMO mouse and I find it garbage to use. I use the buttons for mounts and push to talk

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. I asked about the G600 in the Keyboard and Mice thread but Noodle shat on it. :D Fyff Fyff how do you like the Naga?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haha. The G series easy a guild member. Quite a few of us in guild have the naga and hate it. I don't feel competitive with tiny ass buttons

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Naga took me a week or two to get used to back when I was playing WAR. I can't do it any other way now. I have pretty small hands so I always found going after any number on the keyboard higher then 5 was difficult. Now I have no issues. This is my second Naga. I play a ton of games so they see a lot of hours but I feel like they don't hold up as well as other mice.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Stop moping and roll horde hyjal and join the forumbros.
I'm on EU so I'll be moping all I want I guess. If I were on a US account and playing US times I'd have joined you people long ago.

Anyway up to 937 equipped / 939 bag ilvl thanks to today's m+ weekly chest. 72 traits. Five or six legendaries and three of them are for the wrong spec because I only switched to affliction a few weeks ago. So I'm running with Prydaz & Sephuz.

People trying to sell Argus HC kill for 600k. I guess this is another instance of Archimonde HC runs where after a few months you'll get it for free.

Anyway a new week, new luck, going to try to get into a rando again tonight.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I use the G600 mouse. It was awkward at first, but using anything else feels weird. I get carpal issues in my left hand sometimes and I also developed a bad habit of using the arrow keys instead of WASD that I could never shake, so tried it. I love having all my abilities on the mouse and just movement on the keyboard. It makes playing some classes easier in my opinion.

It also works well for other games, switching weapons or keeping all your combat/interaction stuff on the mouse. For me, it seems to make simultaneous movement and action easier.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Method one shot everything up to Eonar. currently they are on Coven after 7 hours - beating limits time by quite a bit. Method is also not class stacking so far, if you look at Limit's kill for coven they ran 5 warlocks 4 shadowpriests and just cleaved the ever loving shit out of them.

for tanks it looks like they ran Monk/Druid for everything up to Imoner, which they ran Druid/Druid/Monk and varithmas with DK/Druid.

Running 3 tanks on Imoner makes sense, most guilds killing it yesterday ran a sacrificial ret/holy paladin to die toward the end. but they also ran 5 healers which means they brute forced the bridge with healing CD's. BDG and Limit were both milking the bridge and having a tank suicide on it to clear it during the 2nd crossing.

Varithmas was also buffed yesterday on heroic which wasn't in the patch notes, his cone cleave originally was about 90 degrees worth of cleave so if you stood behind his hip during the tank swaps you were mostly fine. if you flipped him about 170 degrees with taunt swaps it didn't require the tanks to move. now his cleave is nearly 180 degrees , even if you are partially on his hip it will hit you and we had to do several pulls to adjust to tanks being in the right spot. I know AMS prevents the misery stack from being applied to the DK does spell reflect from a prot warrior also stop the dot or does it just decrease the damage?

Exorsus used DK/DK for almost everything with the exception of Imoner which was monk/druid and varithmas which was warrior/paladin.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm on EU so I'll be moping all I want I guess. If I were on a US account and playing US times I'd have joined you people long ago.

Anyway up to 937 equipped / 939 bag ilvl thanks to today's m+ weekly chest. 72 traits. Five or six legendaries and three of them are for the wrong spec because I only switched to affliction a few weeks ago. So I'm running with Prydaz & Sephuz.

People trying to sell Argus HC kill for 600k. I guess this is another instance of Archimonde HC runs where after a few months you'll get it for free.

Anyway a new week, new luck, going to try to get into a rando again tonight.
Well prydaz is great for aff lock at least

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Method one shot everything up to Eonar. currently they are on Coven after 7 hours - beating limits time by quite a bit. Method is also not class stacking so far, if you look at Limit's kill for coven they ran 5 warlocks 4 shadowpriests and just cleaved the ever loving shit out of them.

for tanks it looks like they ran Monk/Druid for everything up to Imoner, which they ran Druid/Druid/Monk and varithmas with DK/Druid.

Running 3 tanks on Imoner makes sense, most guilds killing it yesterday ran a sacrificial ret/holy paladin to die toward the end. but they also ran 5 healers which means they brute forced the bridge with healing CD's. BDG and Limit were both milking the bridge and having a tank suicide on it to clear it during the 2nd crossing.

Varithmas was also buffed yesterday on heroic which wasn't in the patch notes, his cone cleave originally was about 90 degrees worth of cleave so if you stood behind his hip during the tank swaps you were mostly fine. if you flipped him about 170 degrees with taunt swaps it didn't require the tanks to move. now his cleave is nearly 180 degrees , even if you are partially on his hip it will hit you and we had to do several pulls to adjust to tanks being in the right spot. I know AMS prevents the misery stack from being applied to the DK does spell reflect from a prot warrior also stop the dot or does it just decrease the damage?

Exorsus used DK/DK for almost everything with the exception of Imoner which was monk/druid and varithmas which was warrior/paladin.
Now method is 9/11 too. If I were a betting man I'd say they're taking this tier unless limit comes in strong today. Methods only been raiding like 7 hours...