World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In the same vain of Fyff's reply - Curious does anybody know if doing higher level Mythic+'s adds to that hidden legendary chance protection bar? Or is it just more efficient to do a shitload of Mythic 0-7's or something?
Think of the dumbest and least fun way it can be implemented and that is probably how it works.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
made a post explaining to Blizz how monk's work and why Chi'ji's set is bad.

Blizz deleted post, maybe i was too condescending.

Edit: i reposted the below with less bitchiness...we'll see what they say (i doubt anything)

Currently BrM's that plan to raid in a competitive sense will not be wearing Chi'ji's and will instead wear t20 or Ilevel gear. the 2pc/4pc bonus for Chi'ji is not good, and i have proposed some fixes below that could alleviate this issue.

Problem: 2pc /elusive brawler:
2pc provides us with an extra stack of elusive brawler, currently its not uncommon for monks to be over the 100% cap of brawler, very often i am sitting at 130% because the boss is casting, or attacking with non-dodgeable mechanics. most monks raiding will be somewhere in the 25-40% mastery range (i sit at ~35%) and the cap of dodge at 100% comes up very fast with the abilities that pile it on.

Solution: 2pc /elusive brawler
if dodging an attack only made you lose 100% of your elusive brawler buff it may be worth it to stack higher than 100%, the stacks from BoF would not be wasted. the 2pc will not be utilized because for almost all melee swings we are already overcapped the 100% dodge chance.

Problem: 4pc
the 4pc bonus simply doesn't work. BoF has a 15 second cooldown (not including BoC, or Legendary chest) and applies a 16 second dot. there is no reason in a raid environment to cast BoF out of turn unless A) the dot is falling off or B) you are tanking multiple mobs 5+ and Kegsmash is on CD.

looking at a perfect situation where you dodge once per second (not feasible on any of the bosses in Antorus due to mechanics) for 7 seconds it makes BoF instantly reusable. this times up almost perfectly with Kegsmash coming off cooldown (kegsmash roughly has a 7-8 second cooldown depending on haste) and the kegsmash will win out 100% of the time as you will most likely already be capped on elusive brawler stacks. in a less than optimal and more realistic scenario you will dodge sporadically in those same 7 seconds and it will interfere with the normal rotation and will actually have a negative impact to the rotation to throw in a BoF. if you are using the lego chest this all goes out the window as you will never see the "free" bof's as kegsmash will reset faster than you can actually reduce the cooldown.

in summation if you are wearing the lego chest, then the 4pc will never proc even in a scenario where you dodge every second. and if you aren't its actually not effective to use breath for most situations. (the bonus does give a slight benefit in M+ if you are chain pulling mobs and need to apply BoF to new packs, and not wearing the chest)

Solution: 4pc
remove the bonus entirely, almost any other benefit would provide a stronger bonus to Brm's. keep the feeling that this is a "dodge set" an assortment is listed below
1. spawn a healing orb every time you dodge
2. every time you dodge you have a chance to gain xxxx crit/vers/mast/leech/avoidance/haste/have an empowered breath of fire/armor (any of the above, or make it random would be fine)
3. every time you dodge you have a chance to make the next heal targeting you benefit from celestial fortune
4. dodging reduces the cooldown on fort brew
5. dodging an attack decreases current stagger by xxx% (2-3% seems fair)

TLDR; any bonus is pretty much better than the one provided, and if you intend for monk tanks to wear T21 it will need to be changed.

also; tank trinkets are not proc'ing as intended for Monks much like the trinkets in ToS (that were fixed a few weeks back) i am getting 13-17% uptime on pantheon where as other tanks are maintaining high 20's, low 30's uptime.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like dodging reducing stagger, of course that's a dream change. I can't see why anyone would wear t21, let alone anyone with salsasabims

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
my other suggestion was +armor or +vers for every stack of elusive brawler which fixes both the 2pc and 4pc issue. it makes going over the cap of 100% dodge actually worth it, and gives a 4pc bonus you will actually use.

the comment i got on the forums so far is "i think firestone walkers will make the set good" ....which is just about the kind of mouthbreathing keyboard turning hot button clicker lfr hero i expect from the official forums.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
my other suggestion was +armor or +vers for every stack of elusive brawler which fixes both the 2pc and 4pc issue. it makes going over the cap of 100% dodge actually worth it, and gives a 4pc bonus you will actually use.

the comment i got on the forums so far is "i think firestone walkers will make the set good" ....which is just about the kind of mouthbreathing keyboard turning hot button clicker lfr hero i expect from the official forums.
Yeah your problem was posting in the blizzard forums. Tier shouldn't be created around legendaries or otherwise be useless if you use certain ones.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Of course they're not going to take it seriously, because you didn't explain your theory with a murlocs-per-second calculation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I'll say thanks for encouraging me to run normal raids with randoms. sure it's steamrolling at this point but still better than LFR. People actually wait for summons, people don't afk at unfortunate times, people don't stand in the bad...

Thanks to your encouragement I've finished the balance of power questline and got my artifact skin. Yay. Thanks guys.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We only got through 6/11H but honestly not bad for a 2 day raiding guild.

In my opinion, this raid seems a bit easier than TOS was. I know we're basically right at the point where we hit the cockblocks. Also our dps going into tos was terrible, but going into antorus it's really good. I'm competing with people and that feels good whereas in TOS we'd have a few people at the top but then a large gap to others. Of course we have a 100%er warlock in our pocket though.

I think the hardest boss for us was the portal boss and that was just learning to time the boss movement with the imps coming out really, it was onyl a couple wipes at that. Then you have severely undertuned fights like imonar or eonar (why is this even there).

Well probably throw our dicks at mythic to try a couple bosses and see what we can do too.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Eonar is a loot pinata on normal/heroic but looks pretty intense on Mythic with having to send a group up to the Paraxis to kill a boss 4x during the encounter. also that group has to rotate to never send the same folks up every time. I guess itll come down to tuning.

Imoner is also a little rougher on mythic, the tank stacks never fall off in phase3 (same in heroic) so its a kill before you die type of situation since every stack on the tank does damage to a random raid member. as well as a lot of raid wide damage going out. the bridge phase is a little silly though.

Portal boss was a pain when we ran 2 bears without luffa, but if you run a BrM or a bear with luffa, or a warrior with thunderclap they can pretty much just gather every imp forever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It wasn't even the gathering. Our problem was tanking the boss on the imp spawn and then collapsing world would spawn on top of that so the imps would wipe us. We just changed it so once the imps spawned we moved the boss

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
limit already downed 2/11 (garothi and felhounds)

both kills used 2 BrM tanks, 4 affliction locks, 1 SP =p

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
We only got through 6/11H but honestly not bad for a 2 day raiding guild.

In my opinion, this raid seems a bit easier than TOS was. I know we're basically right at the point where we hit the cockblocks. Also our dps going into tos was terrible, but going into antorus it's really good. I'm competing with people and that feels good whereas in TOS we'd have a few people at the top but then a large gap to others. Of course we have a 100%er warlock in our pocket though.

I think the hardest boss for us was the portal boss and that was just learning to time the boss movement with the imps coming out really, it was onyl a couple wipes at that. Then you have severely undertuned fights like imonar or eonar (why is this even there).

Well probably throw our dicks at mythic to try a couple bosses and see what we can do too.

Consistency in player attendance also helps. Losing swaths during Nighthold wasn't very helpful when going into TOS. TOS was also tuned as tits.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Consistency in player attendance also helps. Losing swaths during Nighthold wasn't very helpful when going into TOS. TOS was also tuned as tits.
Partially my fault but I do stand by what I did limiting the heroic roster to 20. We had people that didn't belong and a couple people had to be sat not for performance but due to lack of balance. So I'm an asshole

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
3 guilds are 4/11 - looks like Eonar has been the first stumbling block that didn't just fall over in a few pulls.

From PTR footage and information gathered i assumed portal keeper would have been the first hurdle but she seems to be dropping pretty easily.

we are clearing heroic tonight before we try Mythic, but hopeful we can get 3/11 this week.

edit: lol Eonar down... Limit at 5/11

assuming the next hurdles are Kin'goroth, Coven, Aggramar.