World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Feral is easy AF. I've done it on both of my druids with almost no effort whatsoever. Still having trouble with the Guardian one on Horde druid because I have shit legos, but wow, I have Ekowraith on the Alliance side and it just nerfs the entire challenge down to no effort required. Got the Feral challenge in one attempt on my Alliance druid, and Guardian in 6 attempts. I think Feral took 3 attempts on my Horde druid.

It's just ridiculous how easy Kruul becomes with Eko + balance affinity.

Nice, Eko was the first bear lego I got when running lfr and forgot to keep balance spec loot. I also have a couple decent feral ones. May give it a shot. Definitely before expac for reasons.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm gearing my blood dk. Once I'm around 920 I'll try it.

Although... I fucking hate the tank challenge. How you guys do it on all these chars I'll never know

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm gearing my blood dk. Once I'm around 920 I'll try it.

Although... I fucking hate the tank challenge. How you guys do it on all these chars I'll never know
The blood dk took me 100 tries but it was also my first one. Subsequent ones get alot easier bc you know the fight. As to why I love it? the challenge is so much fun and when you finish it it's a really cool feeling except on Druid because it was way too easy

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The blood dk took me 100 tries but it was also my first one. Subsequent ones get alot easier bc you know the fight. As to why I love it? the challenge is so much fun and when you finish it it's a really cool feeling except on Druid because it was way too easy
Tried it a few times as a blood dk and decided to try it when my ilvl is better. Nonetheless I like it a lot. Gonna farm up alot of shards cause it seems like I'll be doing it until I get it completed in all 3 specs on my DK.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These seemed rather popular overall. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this in BFA. I hope they do personally. The carrot (weapon skin) was rather good for a handful of specs too, and when I saw someone w/ a skin back in April around sub900 ilvl, it was one of the first times in a while that hearkened back to the days of early WoW or EQ where you were impressed w/ somebody's gear/achievement. Obviously not as much as that, but it unearthed that feeling, if only a little.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These seemed rather popular overall. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this in BFA. I hope they do personally. The carrot (weapon skin) was rather good for a handful of specs too, and when I saw someone w/ a skin back in April around sub900 ilvl, it was one of the first times in a while that hearkened back to the days of early WoW or EQ where you were impressed w/ somebody's gear/achievement. Obviously not as much as that, but it unearthed that feeling, if only a little.

I mean if you saw a druid bear back in the day with that skin it was equivalent of seeing green fire back in the day. I remember when they first came out with the warlock green fire quest, I was smug in in that we were the only class to get something this incredibly cool, but I also thought why the hell aren't there more of these challenges?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they like the challenges but one issue with them is crafting something challenging to every spec in the game was time consuming and really kinda killed the broken isle patch where between that and doing the orderhall campaign for every class there wound up being a limited amount of content in the patch if you only play one character. If you play a bunch there was a lot of interesting stuff added but most people only see one or two classes worth of stuff from it.

I still think it probably does get something like this going forward in the next expansion but probably with less breaking it out spec by spec. Maybe just have a DPS challenge a tank challenge and a healer challenge.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if playing alts wasn't a shit as it was this expansion it wouldn't have been a problem. The mage tower isn't even designed per spec, its more per sub archtype. Now green fire was designed and tuned perfectly. If they could do more of that shit it would be epic.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Anyone running Antorus runs on Normal on the Alliance side? Trying to get into pugs as a sub-940 warrior is too goddamn frustrating. I link them AotC and they still don't give a shit.

Edit: Never mind, got it done. Tuesdays are good.

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I tried the newest wing of antorus on LFR last night. This wing is a good bit more tricky than the previous one. The last fight for LFR is going to take people some getting used to. Not so much the BS do this one thing or wipe issue from kil'jaden but some more complex fights especially for herding cats mode.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like to think the karma I accrued herding cats through LFR Coven on my Warrior and Paladin tanks yesterday got me my titanforged socketed Arcanocrystal today.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'd like to think the karma I accrued herding cats through LFR Coven on my Warrior and Paladin tanks yesterday got me my titanforged socketed Arcanocrystal today.

This is the building you should jump off of.

c700x420.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Filthy casual question. Thought I'd heard of some perks/guild levels or something. Was that just a previous expansions gimmick or any benefits of being guilded beyond whatever is in guild bank open access? Have avoided tagging up even as a casual because I don't want to end up being that guy with the wife who is pretty bad being basically a non gamer.

She's been doing half decent on a hunter though after i made an effort to learn a little might have her try her shadow priest again. She refused to let me try and teach her anything about playing a class, but lucked out and she was ok watching a bellulargaming video overview of the class/specs how they play.

I have slower alt leveling that sounds like it's coming but buffed mob love might help with her learning to play a smidge more when things don't instantly die. She hated leveling her shadow priest with me and other alts because pretty much no matter what i played even melee tanks, I'd still instant gib things before cast time spells go off so basically just following looting.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Filthy casual question. Thought I'd heard of some perks/guild levels or something. Was that just a previous expansions gimmick or any benefits of being guilded beyond whatever is in guild bank open access? Have avoided tagging up even as a casual because I don't want to end up being that guy with the wife who is pretty bad being basically a non gamer.

She's been doing half decent on a hunter though after i made an effort to learn a little might have her try her shadow priest again. She refused to let me try and teach her anything about playing a class, but lucked out and she was ok watching a bellulargaming video overview of the class/specs how they play.

I have slower alt leveling that sounds like it's coming but buffed mob love might help with her learning to play a smidge more when things don't instantly die. She hated leveling her shadow priest with me and other alts because pretty much no matter what i played even melee tanks, I'd still instant gib things before cast time spells go off so basically just following looting.

Yes I would agree slowing the time to kill down while leveling most especially at really low levels is probably not a bad thing. For casters currently it is just spam whatever instant cast thing you have as nothing is going to live long enough to finish casting on if you are grouped with a melee. It should not be hard but at least a couple casts worth of time seems to be not inappropriate.