World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure the guild stuff is all tied to your rep with the guild now and then the cost of acquiring whatever you are looking for. But it has been so long I am not sure.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The idea of guild rep seems weird. They don't just assign stuff to you, you do something to grind rep points from the system? Applies to any new guild, so guild hopping would be bad?

Mainly interested in any perks are actually quality of life useful or is it just silly things?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Members gain guild rep just doing quests and shit.

The rewards are stuff you buy like heirlooms and they're permanent.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You get exalted with a guild within two days doing normal stuff, so it's a nonfactor. Just join a guild with all the shit unlocked, get exalted, buy the perks, and you don't have to worry about it again. I don't even think FoH has everything unlocked, but it's shit that doesn't even matter, like an 8th guild bank tab, or the purple t-shirt...

Most important unlocks are a couple mounts if you give a shit about that, some tabards that allow you to port to Orgrimaar, and as mentioned, select heirloom gear that you still need to upgrade (60 to 90 to 100 to 110) using expensive tokens in Under city. I think you get helms and maybe pants? Shoulders, chest, weapons, rings, amulet and trinkets, are all from the heirloom vendor in Undercity.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's what, 200k? But the guild bank is virtually useless since before WOD. We don't distribute BOE's, or collect mats. Shit is too cheap these days, and gold is too plentiful to really benefit a collective effort. I can buy a stack of flasks just doing the companion gold missions, and the food tables don't even offer the best stats for most classes. And if anyone needs an enchant, I have enough mats to literally enchant a full 40 man raid with shit to spare. I'd sell enchants, but I'm fucking lazy. And gold is worthless.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well you take what inscription was at the start vs now... was the big one. Vanilla and first expac other crafting seemed to be a little more relevant than what it is now. Recent posts here promoted me thinking about it seeing how JC also seems pretty dead compared to the importance and income it provided in TBC etc.

So yeah that's kinda a drop off from what they used to be...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
JC makes good money now. With the amount of gear they throw at you, people upgrade their gems all the time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FoH is switching to 2-day mythic raiding starting this week. We're filling in, but still throwing it out there in case anyone here wants to join us.

We'll be doing dogs tomorrow too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user