World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm now 5 of 6 on the tanking challenges, getting both prot pally and brewmaster. Of the 15 or so challenges I've completed I have to say the tanking challenge is by far my favorite. I like how each class has had something specific to them that tripped me up and caused me problems until I figured out how to deal with it. well with the exception of Demon Hunter because that one was a joke and only reason I wasted more than a couple of tries on it was I was using meta right when kruul landed instead of saving for the 3rd annihilate.
For me I'd order them in terms of difficulty dk, protadin, brew, guardian, dh.
The dk took me a 100 tries but it was also the first one I did.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
DK tank challenge was an absolute joke for me. I can't do the DH version for some reason. I think it's because I suck at the DH. I also don't care about the DH. I think I used Soulflayer's and Aggramar boots on the DK. The run speed helped.

Paladin, I got some good attempts in but ultimately gave up because I needed sleep. Variss to 10% on my best try. My paladin is easily my worst geared tank, and I spend no time playing him, so meh.

2nd go at prot warrior (for the Alliance side) took 3 tries, at lower ilvl, with only 1 decent legendary (tclap belt) and the Argus quest legendary ring, which is a stat stick and nothing more. So easy, especially given that you can spell reflect Kruul's debuff back onto him.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Death knight when I wasnt getting punted off the damn platform I was losing velen or korvas.... the adds not moving when aoeING gave me fits. It was also my first tanking challenge so that probably added to it lol

DH was easy bc you can't get knocked off the platform and you don't need many orbs for p2 bc 1. Spirit bomb wrecks everything and 2. Meta when used right means you can stand in shit and just destroy him

Prot pally is easy once you get to p2 bc you h as ve so many cds. Getting there though. Wait until you have variss follow you clear across the fucking platform then you go looking for velen and he's almost hidden on the other side... both variss and velen move so much

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll do them eventually, I have every tank but paladin and bear and I'm not sure I'll ever level paladin tank. Seems like such a suck ass tank.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Paladins wierd... I've only done mplusses but it feels strong as hell. Ton of defensives good support abilities and you can spot heal. Your unstoppable until sor falls off... then your almost fucked lol. I saw sloot playing it alot but I don't know how much of that is him being really good at the class. I'd say it's my 2nd favorite behind dh to play?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Paladins scale exceptionally well with the amount of mobs their shield hits (which is how the paladin solo'd portal keeper on normal, just spawned a shit ton of adds for his shield to bounce off). so they are good in M+ and other multi mob fights but they tend to spike on single target fights especially if they dont have 4pc.

I ended up doing Mythic Vari on the BrM last night, as long as you are topped the slash doesn't do that much damage as long as you purify instantly after it goes off. i started out using Titanguard + Lego trinket but the timing on the slash makes Titanguard not optimal since it only lasts 3 secs. i pretty much just held the trinket in case i took a bad slash and could pop it after the hit went off to prevent the stagger from ticking me down. Vari uses priority que for his abilities so if you have 2 abilities that come off cooldown at the same time he'll use one over the other, makes the slash a little unpredictable when you are expecting it go off and suddenly he decides to cast necrotic on a random person instead then 3-4 secs later actually do the slash.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Our best attempt on Mythic Aggramar has been 25%, so hoping Sunday the kill with happen as we are pretty close.

We were holding #1 on the server pretty tightly with our 9hr/week raid schedule, but the previous #1 12hr/week raiding guild caught up and killed Aggramar last night. I guess we'll see if we can beat them to Argus and I believe we can, would be cool to get a realm first.

xzi

Mouthbreather
FoH is switching to 2-day mythic raiding starting this week. We're filling in, but still throwing it out there in case anyone here wants to join us.

We'll be doing dogs tomorrow too

We're going to be needing a healer soon as one of our healers won't be able to make raid - so if anyone is interested let us know.

Paladins wierd... I've only done mplusses but it feels strong as hell. Ton of defensives good support abilities and you can spot heal. Your unstoppable until sor falls off... then your almost fucked lol. I saw sloot playing it alot but I don't know how much of that is him being really good at the class. I'd say it's my 2nd favorite behind dh to play?

Paladin is absurdly strong in m+, like sumdain said basically the more mobs the better. (obviously not in like a +19 or something be a little careful lmao). They're extremely strong tanks but the only issue with raid tanking where swaps aren't happening close together is you will eventually run out of defensives and get hit really hard because haste is very hard to come by. But that's what.. like 3 fights?

Plus Spellwarding is the most OP shit in this entire game and it doesn't drop agro at all.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
We lost our DH main tank for a couple days last week as his computer got destroyed during his move cross country.

So we had our ret raid leader go tank to fill the roll and he would basically get one shot if he ran out of shield of the righteous charges during the harder hitting bosses.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
We're going to be needing a healer soon as one of our healers won't be able to make raid - so if anyone is interested let us know.

Paladin is absurdly strong in m+, like sumdain said basically the more mobs the better. (obviously not in like a +19 or something be a little careful lmao). They're extremely strong tanks but the only issue with raid tanking where swaps aren't happening close together is you will eventually run out of defensives and get hit really hard because haste is very hard to come by. But that's what.. like 3 fights?

Plus Spellwarding is the most OP shit in this entire game and it doesn't drop agro at all.

So I never even looked at spellwarding because I was always running Cavalier for the extra Mobility. I can think of a few places that would have been really nice. Prot Paladin feels so powerful It can go to your head and I've definitely caught myself over pulling were all of my cds where used then sor fell and I just died lol.

• 1Solidarity

nazon

Molten Core Raider
Picked up Legion during the winter sale. Resubbed last night. Started lvl 1 on the Horde side, Area 52 realm. My previous characters (2004-2006, 2009, 2014) are alliance, so never played Horde before. This will be a new experience. If anyone is on Area 52, hit me up. Character's name is JostlingJoe. BattleTag: JostlingJoe#1281

Braen

<Medals Crew>
It's the announcement you all have been waiting for...

MISTWALKERS IS RECRUTING!

Well not really, but Fires of Heaven is! We are looking for some West Coasters to start a new raid team. Starting Normal and working our way up.

Now just because you live in God's Own Timezone doesn't you can't party with the East Coasters. We are just starting our Mythic runs in Antorus tonight.

Come with us, have fun and see the sights!

Just message me a braen#1503 if you need more info.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone use the Pawn add on? I was able to Sim my blood dk using simcraft and then I manually imported the Stat weights to Pawn. Now in my inventory I can tell which piece of gear is an upgrade and how much it is. My question is I noticed it gives values on my gear for all 3 of my specs. So how accurate are the other two compared to the spec I simmed. Are the Stat weights specific to a certain a spec or just only to my character? I know certain specs requires certain stats more than others. Do I need to each spec individually?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone use the Pawn add on? I was able to Sim my blood dk using simcraft and then I manually imported the Stat weights to Pawn. Now in my inventory I can tell which piece of gear is an upgrade and how much it is. My question is I noticed it gives values on my gear for all 3 of my specs. So how accurate are the other two compared to the spec I simmed. Are the Stat weights specific to a certain a spec or just only to my character? I know certain specs requires certain stats more than others. Do I need to each spec individually?

You have to Sim each spec individually, otherwise it defaults to a standard stat weight.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Picked up Legion during the winter sale. Resubbed last night. Started lvl 1 on the Horde side, Area 52 realm. My previous characters (2004-2006, 2009, 2014) are alliance, so never played Horde before. This will be a new experience. If anyone is on Area 52, hit me up. Character's name is JostlingJoe. BattleTag: JostlingJoe#1281

If you are starting fresh on Horde why don't you join us on Hyjal. I don't know how far along you are but even if you are just playing casually or have plans for more we have a fair number of people to play with over here.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

The game has gotten a little convoluted if you want to min/max. As the other suggested you will want to turn off the default stat weights in Pawn and then sim each spec to get the over all stat weights.

Also bear in mind that as you switch talents, legendaries, teir set bonuses, go between single target and AoE your stat weights will vary sometimes to a large degree. That's why everyone says simyourself almost as if it's a meme.

Often you can get a good feeling for what stats are the best but I would suggest resimming at least every few upgrades or so.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've compared the weight out of Simcraft for my Shadow Priest vs the standard Pawn version, and there's some items on which it tells me the item is 6% better where my own weight give me 3% worse...

The weights are ok if you're really casual, and not that useful if you're not. If you look to really playing the other specs, you need to sim them individually.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Pick up the pet battle quests in Orgrimmar and start capturing and leveling up pets as you level your character. You'll be happy to have a team of max level battle pets when you hit 110. Battle pets are a big part of end game nowadays.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users