World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just half expect patch days to ruin raid days as it did back in NH, ToS and now Antorus. Not a big deal either way, I don't mind having a night off.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's cool. We'll get the patch-to-fix-the-patch any day now, and then, all will be right with the world again for another ~75 days.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They've been pretty consistent with broken patches this expansion. Moreso than any other expansion that I can remember.

I mean they're fucking up on a global level in game. Remember when blp only worked for people with legendaries at launch...

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think thats just the result of having more people working on the game and making more changes, back in the day patch days were chaotic too.
Ofcourse if the patch is like a couple new dailies and a mount, its harder to fuck that up.

Rime

<Donor>
With all these shitty bugs hampering instances and raids, I think everyone should take full advantage of pet battle week to catch up to the real end game content.

New silithid rares in the phased (have to have killed Argus) Silithus drop a battle pet. Three mobs, one kill per day for a chance at it.

Other new battle pet is from the Postmaster Quest... which spawns from a letter near the mailbox outside of the mage tower in Dalaran. It has a 2-ish hour respawn and only ONE person per spawn can get it -_-

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a feeling this will be most of the WoW playerbase in a couple of days.

02jzs436lma01.png
I mean, there's just no way that questing can compete with running dungeons. They made the dungeon exp before just way too good. Has dungeon exp taken a hit in this patch?

My favorite bug so far is that rogue throw dagger ability is bugged and rogues are pulling 4m dps just spamming that and finishers.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean, there's just no way that questing can compete with running dungeons. They made the dungeon exp before just way too good. Has dungeon exp taken a hit in this patch?

My favorite bug so far is that rogue throw dagger ability is bugged and rogues are pulling 4m dps just spamming that and finishers.

I think its more the scaling in old dungeons is so bad that people are saying it's unkillable and in some instances not dropping loot either. If the allied races were in I might be tempted to level and find out what the experience is like but since they wanna gate that shit they can fuck right off until they allow us to level them.

The rogue shit was hilarious and Trendi last night was pulling 4mil+ on Fel Hounds, of course today since they I guess don't know what the fuck they are doing just disabled the poison from Rogues, so now they are nerfed until a fix can be had.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's probably just a grammatical error.
No, it's a separate functionality (in case you still have a physical authenticator, for instance). You can use the SMS protection to control your authenticator. Instead of phoning the customer support to remove the auth because you lost it, you can get a SMS code.

(in fact, if you have a phone-based authenticator, you're probably better off switching to only SMS, because you'll keep the same phone number longer than your phone. Usually)

*** EDIT *** Ok, yes, I agree, it's an "or"; you don't need both SMS and authenticator enabled.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Someone posted some extra patch note information that stated dungeons have had their exp nerfed, quests have had their exp buffed, and overall time required to level from 1-60 has been increased but I can't find that link now.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sucks, I was in the process of leveling all of the classes. Guess they want you to buy those boosts....

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Experience across the levels has been leveled out, apparently. Certain levels used to happen much faster, and some much slower, now they've adjusted it so levels are gained in a more consistent manner across the full leveling experience. Overall XP requirement has increase by 10%, but so has the quest exp amount. Mob HP increased, heirloom gear very minorly nurfed to be closer to similar level blues. It's probably not going to make that huge of a difference. Maybe an extra day? It took me two weeks to level to 110 on my priest without ever doing a dungeon, and I was constantly jumping from place to place. It'll be very nice now to actually get to finish storylines.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What if we're the QA staff

We are, check this shit out... People are guessing the scaling is switched for normal and heroic because in most dungeons the Heroic health is substantially lower.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761056573

I know why dungeons are "overtuned". The HP values for Normal and Heroic are Reversed. They're bugged! • r/wow

Also apparently Aggatha is not spawning boulders during the mage tower challenge.. which if true is crazy shit.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reddit reporting that scaling in normal and heroic dungeons is reversed:

First mob in bloodmaul slag mines has 2.5M hp in normal, 1.44M on heroic LMAO

Samesies with booze

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So either they truly flipped normal and heroic and low levels are running 'heroic' dungeons, or they forgot to scale heroic

Rime

<Donor>
HP/Damage Scaling is applying to the old raids as well. Makes some Heroic MoP fights difficult (Ra-Den, Thunder Lord, Amber Shaper... and Mythic SoO is very borked - Sha requiring 2,500,000+ DPS to beat, Puddle trash before Paragons dealing massive damage) and many WoD (both Heroic and Mythic) fights impossible to solo.

Molten Core Raider
We did a court of stars last night since we cancelled our raid. The demon you have to find at the party stopped walking up the stairs. He just stopped and stood there. We almost gave up and he started walking again. Finished that one up, moved on to the upgraded key. First real boss in Wardens (not the mini boss early on) spawns the adds, they were evade bugged enough we couldnt kill them, but they kept bombarding us with fel. Eventually we would die simply due to having many of the little adds we couldn't kill. Then the boss bugged. This is been an interesting patch lol.