World of Warcraft: Current Year

Argarth

On the verandah
Mostly just memeing you but this expansion they went through some fairly major changes at the hands of "class fantasy" while druids remained largely unchanged. We're constantly considered overpowered and blizzard has demonstrated no one there actually plays monk or knows what to do with us. Also we were really weak at legion launch coming off being really good in WOD.

Ok, thanks. I just thought there was something in that wall of Blue you'd seen, and I had somehow missed the connection. :D

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Have a 965 hunter, 960 warrior, made an ele shaman alt cause I had 5 shaman legendary tokens sitting there. Used all 5 and got 1 bis, then got carried through a 15 to get loot this week. Managed to get an upgrade on both the hunter and warrior, but got loot for the 1 bis slot on shaman. Not sure if I should feel happy or trolled.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Everything will be fine; if it is not, it's because you, obviously, just dont know how to play brewmaster! I'm sure they can bring back Ghostcrawler to explain it to the monk community!

Well, obviously brewmaster is by the far the best tank at tanking while under 5% life, you just need to make sure your healers only heal you when you are 1 melee swing from death and the theoretical EHP is through the roof ! ;p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I mean I have to hand it to them, their constant changes have kept the game at least somewhat fresh over the years unlike the competition...well when there still was competition anyway. That having been said it really is annoying to have to re-evaluate the characters I have to figure out which one is going to most closely match my playstyle in any given expansion.

I really REALLY hope they heavily redo the Mistweaver Monks... I really loved playing my Mistweaver in Pandaria

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Props to the suggestion of the GW2 UI and Immersion mod. Leveling a MM Hunter with those and it does feel like a bit of a different game. Pretty fun.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I mean I have to hand it to them, their constant changes have kept the game at least somewhat fresh over the years unlike the competition...well when there still was competition anyway. That having been said it really is annoying to have to re-evaluate the characters I have to figure out which one is going to most closely match my playstyle in any given expansion.

I really REALLY hope they heavily redo the Mistweaver Monks... I really loved playing my Mistweaver in Pandaria

You say interesting, but personal experience differs wildly across expansions and classes. I hated my initial experience in Wrath, but once I hit a crit level, my class became insanely fun with how spells rotated, and became functionally much more significant. During cataclysm, it was a dull, unified experience. Mists had a similar feel to Wrath, and set bonuses gained in power, and felt better over the previous raid. WOD was pretty shit overall, and at the end absolutely fucked my class when they changed over to the Legion balancing, and my rotation was completely fucked without the artifact. Legion has been very up and down. One lego made our st dps amazing, got nurfed into the floor and never recovered, then our aoe dps spiked to compensate. And even patch they seems to be rolling the dice on what's useful (stats, legendaries, and talents). These days it's just balanced stats, and very specific talents and legos between St and aoe.

I'll be so f'n happy when I don't have to change talents for virtually every fight. That's been my biggest qualm with Legion, not even being sewer tier single target dps. I have to spend 10k every 3-4 weeks on a stack of 100 respec tokens.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'll be so f'n happy when I don't have to change talents for virtually every fight. That's been my biggest qualm with Legion, not even being sewer tier single target dps. I have to spend 10k every 3-4 weeks on a stack of 100 respec tokens.

Did they say something about not being able to change talents outside of town anymore or something?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll admit, I like the dungeons changing and being more difficult but now I feel like the rewards need to be buffed for how long they take. Whether that's quest XP or beefier items that's on them, but I enjoy dungeons feeling like I have to pay attention for the first time in 5 years.

Khane

Looks like they removed the instance per hour limit. I'm on run #15 of stonecore trying to get this stupid mount.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Did they say something about not being able to change talents outside of town anymore or something?

This.

Talent System Refinements
The overall talent system will remain largely unchanged, but we will be refining our approach. One of the major challenges in setting up talent rows is that they serve two conflicting desires: choices within a row should be meaningfully varied, but also should not feel like they are simply a test of which is best in a particular setting.

If a row mixes area-damage and single-target talents, you’ll likely feel you should change talents to suit the content you’re doing, which also rarely feels like a choice. The most successful talent rows are those with options that have a generally consistent role in your toolkit, but have very different delivery and mechanics, allowing players to thoughtfully customize their identity and complexity.

One other lesson we’ve already begun implementing in Legion patches is being careful with the effect that talents have on “pacing”—how frequently you get to press your buttons, and how often you generate resources and cooldowns. Of course, many talents affect the pacing of a rotation, and this will continue to be the case, as these are some of the talents with the most noticeable and fun feel to them. But if you have access to multiple talents that slow down or speed up your rotation, players can end up outside the bounds of what feels good to play (for example, by being resource starved or flooded). As we review talents going forward, we will try to avoid this by having strong resource-generating talents compete with each other, and better limiting the pacing change allowable from any single talent.

Khane

Didn't see that. Though they obviously don't get it. As long as there is an "interesting choice" and multiple choices per row there will always be situations where one talent is better than the other. Otherwise one talent will ALWAYS be better and there is no point in even having the talent system.

Until they do away with talents completely you will always be swapping in between encounters if you're a min/maxer.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Survival Hunter still melee? There are some bets lost there.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
audio files starting to come out from that 8.0 datamine, we got a bunch of music. Here it is in playlist form.

holy fuck, I mean wow music is always amazing but these are god damn amazing and I want to explore NOW

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well it looks like Mistweaver is more-or-less back to its state from MoP albeit without the faster gcd. I always liked the constant channel of soothing mist plus the auxiliary mist from the Jade Serpent with instacast bigger heals while channeling.

Arcane Mage seems to be going back to the higher damage with higher mana, but only as a talent option for people who don't wanna deal with such silliness.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't fully tell what they're doing with brewmaster. Dumpstering magic mitigation as expected, slight stagger nerf but purify buff. Can't really visualize the other changed