World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It's a beautiful day.

Decided it was finally time to take a break from hardcore raiding after pretty much doing it 8-13 hours a week since legions first raid launched. put in my resignation as MT last night. going to play casually probably till the end of the expansion (i'll hop in for heroic clears and such on alts if i have time). i hate that im not going to finish this expansion (2 bosses to go), the game is fine and raiding in Mythic Antorus is probably some of the best raiding its ever been im just not enjoying it the same way i used to.

I may come back as a dps for Bfa i like the current DH changes proposed and it gives you something to do other than a 3 button rotation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Could always join foh for the casual life

Kind of crazy to think of 13 hours as hardcore. Back in vanilla I was hardcore raiding 5-7 days a week, 6 hours a night

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea i remember raiding in EQ all night 5 days a week. thanks for the offer but i'll probably hang out where im at for now, i have a lot of friends in the current guild i can do alt runs and stuff with.

I may come DPS for you guys on the DH for your heroic runs or something if you have an open non-committal spot.

since antorus released we have been doing 3 hours a night 3 days a week. then after raid we would do heroics every night (sometimes only twice a week) so thats an extra 1.5 hours. then on friday there would be our optional alt mythic runs, then sometimes we would extend raids till Monday for another 3 hours. its just a lot of time and while i do really love WoW i feel like im putting in a lot of time for pixels when i could be doing something different.

These past few weeks i've come home from work, had about an hour to myself before heading to the gym, then i have about an hour to cook and eat before i had to raid. after raid i would shower and hit the bed (sometimes only getting 5-6 hours of sleep). it just adds up eventually.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're only a shitty parent if your kid's crying is a permanent accompaniment in voice chat.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm talking about the druid that always has a screaming kid. Not once in a while. Fucking always. Every time she hits that PTT, screaming kid in the background.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had a guy that had like full techno blasting. Now we've got the "super loud dbm notifications" guy

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm talking about the druid that always has a screaming kid. Not once in a while. Fucking always. Every time she hits that PTT, screaming kid in the background.

Are you sure it wasn't just Kpop in the background?

• 1Worf

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Refresh me, can be in a guild while technically being on a different server? Or only servers that are in whatever cluster of like 8 yours is in? Think I'm finally ready to find a place to casual it up in that would be better than just pugging it and not sure if I'm realistically limited to icecrown guilds or just accept one of the ones that spams me from say dalaran.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Refresh me, can be in a guild while technically being on a different server? Or only servers that are in whatever cluster of like 8 yours is in? Think I'm finally ready to find a place to casual it up in that would be better than just pugging it and not sure if I'm realistically limited to icecrown guilds or just accept one of the ones that spams me from say dalaran.
Some servers are merged together and those are the only ones that can have guild members across different servers.
Blizzard calls them "Connected Realms", here is a list, not sure how up to date it is.
Connected Realms

You can still group up and do every PvE content except for Mythic raiding for the current tier but you can't be on the same guild.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can only join a guild on your server unless you are on a connected realm, and then you can join a guild from the connected realm as well.

Connected realms are not the same thing as CRZ / Battlegroup.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
timewalking is a shit show right now because when they buffed the old leveling dungeons they inadvertently buffed timewalking dungeons so you have to actually do mechanics now instead of just pulling everything.

Illidan in BT timewalking was like an 8 minute fight of nothing happening.