World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brewmasters are gonna get FUCKED

Everything will be fine; if it is not, it's because you, obviously, just dont know how to play brewmaster! I'm sure they can bring back Ghostcrawler to explain it to the monk community!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s not fair at all. They clearly learn from their mistakes. How else would they repeat them so accurately?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Holy new does the new scaling make timewalking feel like fucking garbage, it is slow as fuck. No threat not harder just fucking slow.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's gotta be a bug as well. Timewalking already scaled, that was the whole point of it. Doesn't make sense for them to scale it further.

Who am I kidding, why does anything in this game need to make sense?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not. Once was enough, and by enough i mean it was entirely forgettable aside from we did it as a guild and shot the shit all night

Argarth

On the verandah
Brewmasters are gonna get FUCKED

Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

Serious question, because I'm leveling a monk right now for BfA, probably going to be my new main. I enjoy all 3 specs in the current iteration, in particular the way Brewmaster tanking feels/flows. Now you've got me a little worried.

Rime

<Donor>
i dont know if 930 is worth doing a TW black temple

Only worth doing for the legendary transmog on your Demon Hunter.

Just like Ulduar will be good for a 'one and done', even though I have not seen anything about them making the healing hammer a transmog for doing it.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All that section on uniqueness just sounds like they are going to wind up with even in non super serious groups, mythic and maybe even heroic level stuff having classes deemed not all that worthy to bring along in favor of x or y.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

Serious question, because I'm leveling a monk right now for BfA, probably going to be my new main. I enjoy all 3 specs in the current iteration, in particular the way Brewmaster tanking feels/flows. Now you've got me a little worried.
Mostly just memeing you but this expansion they went through some fairly major changes at the hands of "class fantasy" while druids remained largely unchanged. We're constantly considered overpowered and blizzard has demonstrated no one there actually plays monk or knows what to do with us. Also we were really weak at legion launch coming off being really good in WOD.

• 1Salty

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Only worth doing for the legendary transmog on your Demon Hunter.

Just like Ulduar will be good for a 'one and done', even though I have not seen anything about them making the healing hammer a transmog for doing it.

yep, that's what I figure. Only have managed to get the MH glaive on a character though :(

Argarth

On the verandah

<snip>
Pursuing this goal will likely involve adding some new abilities (or re-adding previously removed abilities) to give classes a more unique signature where needed. It will also likely involve reining in the availability of certain utility types, especially those that are so widespread that they rarely provide meaningful contrast between classes. As a notable example, Area of Effect (AoE) stuns, some of most powerful utility that exists, are so abundant that most groups have at least one or two. As a result, decision-making around that tool is often less about when it would be best used, and more about avoiding overlap with other AoE stuns. Not only does this sometimes drown out the importance of other crowd control in dungeons, but it means that a class bringing an AoE stun to a group is not the major strategy-defining asset that it should be. Our goal is that whatever powerful kind of utility a class brings, it’s something that group will be happy to have added to their toolbox as they approach a challenge.
</snip>

Well it sounds like they are about to swing the pendulum again. Bring the player not the class.. oops all classes feel the same better go the other direction again... oops we fucked up and only 1/2 the specs are worth a shit sorry buttfuckers better polish up that Holy spec Paladins...

Trying to interpret a wall of Blue "design manifesto" usually just drives me to drink, so I try avoid it. Even that single paragraph could be interpreted a few different ways, but as you suggested, sounds dangerously close to class stacking all over again. Taking just the underlined part, I could envisage DPS being excluded from particular dungeons if they have no AoE stun, or stacking to cover for people bailing on a group, or just giving it to healers/tanks alone, so every group is guaranteed a fixed number of AoE stuns, etc.

We could be in for yet another roller-coaster year of major nerfs/buffs & back-flips after BfA launches.

Fuck it! I need that drink...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Class stacking is already a thing in their "Bring the player not the class" version of the game.

• 1Worf