World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not per realm. Hasn't been per realm since CRZ went live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

It's not that bad really. I won it a long time ago after it went CRZ but when you still needed to finish in the top 2 to get the ring. Every "guide" will tell you to stick inland near the river. And that's where the most people will be because everyone reads the internet.

I stayed on the shoreline on the northeastern outskirts of Booty Bay and had much less traffic to contend with.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Someone else on Reddit was saying they think raid xp is borked .Did one of the older raids (around 70) and got a full level in 15 minutes

I recall "power leveling" my priest by having a high level character clear out UBRS while I simply stayed in range. Recall gaining several levels doing basically nothing. Not sure if that's still a thing, but was good for several levels at the beginning of Legion.

It's not that bad really. I won it a long time ago after it went CRZ but when you still needed to finish in the top 2 to get the ring. Every "guide" will tell you to stick inland near the river. And that's where the most people will be because everyone reads the internet.

I stayed on the shoreline on the northeastern outskirts of Booty Bay and had much less traffic to contend with.

How's it compare to the vanilla competition? I managed to win that once, barely beating out the next several dozen players. Also agree with going up the shoreline, but STV is quite a bit different since Cata.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20180127-215136.jpg

Aka tailors can get fucked for another expansion "because bags". The durability hammer from blacksmithing could save a ton on gold leakage.

And of course enchanting doesn't need anything neat (besides maybe a dumb toy or pet), because we'll get the same boring shit enchants as legion. Guess it's mostly first world problems having useful professions that everyone will always need.

Still feels like professions are a significant afterthought, the annoyance of the profession questing system in legion, how different ranks were obtained, and how sometimes a rank 3 vs a rank 2 made zero difference. And overall only affects the extreme minority, while adding zero interesting aspects to things.

At least in WOD if you were an LFR junky, crafted gear was still useful. Not in a world where lfr is equal or higher, and legendaries exist. Professions should all get something useful even after their gear outclasses what they can make, like gem crafting and enchanting.

But I digress...

xzi

Mouthbreather
they should go back to having gigantic passives on every profession like a free health pot basically for herb, buncha hp for blacksmith, etc

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No. They should remove all professions. At most, let everybody have all the gathering professions. Crafting professions are now on npcs that anybody can access.

Professions are fucking stupid. I’ve saved the world countless time, defeated the humanoid form of a god damn planet, and am the ultimate adventurer but I’m gonna take time out of my day to make a potion? Please.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

No. They should remove all professions. At most, let everybody have all the gathering professions. Crafting professions are now on npcs that anybody can access.

Professions are fucking stupid. I’ve saved the world countless time, defeated the humanoid form of a god damn planet, and am the ultimate adventurer but I’m gonna take time out of my day to make a potion? Please.

Oh, you mean like WoD? Cuz that was a huge success and everybody loved it...

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, WoD was bad because of the professions. Legion progressions really turned the game around.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I vaguely remember something from maybe 6-8 months ago where Blizzard said they were against datamining and they were going to change the rules on all that?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But datamining's the way they'll keep us engaged for the year until the expansion comes out!

Khane

Yea, WoD was bad because of the professions. Legion progressions really turned the game around.

I'm not saying how professions in legion were handled was great. But your "solution" is the same thing as they tried in WoD, which was far, far worse than what we have now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Having one or two professions you can make decent money. Having a ton of professions you can make a fuckload of gold .

Not sure why people are fags about professions. Who cares??

Cybsled

FFXIV lets you level all the professions and their economy isn't fucked.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can technically only specialize in 3 of them in XIV. That said specializing is also kinda pointless(it makes stuff easier to make, but they don't really have spec exclusive recipes anymore so eh).

The reason it doesn't fuck the economy mostly is because crafting takes a lot more time/money/effort than it does in wow(at least back when I played which was like 10+years ago but I doubt they made crafting actually engaging or long to level, since this isn't really wow stuff). For example leveling a crafter to cap from scratch right now requires to level every craft(all 8 or 9 of them) to at least 50ish for cross class skills, which takes both a long time investment and money, even with leves, and it still takes hours of crafting, a lot of which has to be done with at least some presence or 3rd party macro tools. You don't just gather x pearls and y metal and then make 15 pearl necklaces by pressing craft, you have to make each individual items using a skill based(as in you use skills, not that it requires skill) minigame and you need to make everything well enough that it's HQ to turn it for quests and what not, so overall you're looking at ~2mins of crafting per item. Because of the RNG elements in the minigame, macroing it unattended generally requires poorer results, meaning it takes longer/costs more money.

Because of all this, there's not many people crafting at all. The few that are crafting also don't put enough effort to really get to the top of crafting with every classes leveled to cap. On top of that, even just leveling isn't the end of crafting, you then need to gear your crafters, which again require money and time, with a tier system of crafting gear similar to raiding gear. You can only craft meh stuff at first with your vendor gear so you make small amounts of money, and then you reinvest that money into buying materials to craft some better gear so you can craft better stuff and so on. And then you have to meld your gear which is yet another massive money sink, often costing more than the gear itself and you have to redo that every few patches when a new tier of crafting gear is released.

So while you can level all crafting, very few people actually bother leveling all crafts AND gear all crafts. If you do, you make stupid amounts of money as a result compared to everything else(a non crafter non gatherer might make say 200-300k in a 4hours day farming, while a crafter can make 1-2million an hour, not necessarily accurate numbers depends on patch and stuff but to give an idea of the difference).

Wow is an entirely different beast when it comes to crafting so I don't think comparing it to how FFXIV does thing isn't really realistic.

Cybsled

Specialization in FFXIV does restrict some recipes, but there isn't a massive amount. I did carpentry specialization just so I could make the imitation windows (which sell for a ton of money and will clean up with the next housing boom).