World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The world first for taking down deathwing had less than 3 EQ players in it, and wasn't an EQ guild.

But feel free to ignore my point proving you wrong.

It was a joke. But yes, you are right there is more than one guild that has sporadic placements on the Vanilla kill list that I know of with no EQ ties so I can't truly say "all" and should ammend that to be "mostly all." Happy?

Burns

As far as vanilla top 50 guilds go, Final Fantasy 13 (or what ever number they were on) had a big representation too. We had 1 laughable world first in Nax 40 (Noth), and I would say it was around half and half of Final Fantasy players and EQ players, favoring FF. The other guild on our server with the other laughable Nax 40 world first (Heigan) was the same, afaik. I think some of our people knew Death and Taxes people from playing FF together, as well.

Once you get past Vanilla, most of the people that were going to move over from EQ or FF, had already done it. By the time Wrath rolled around, WoW was old enough to be a skilled raid teams first MMO.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I miss multi-tank fights in this game. I can understand cutting back the add management for LFR, but when you have so many of your raid make-up which have off-spec tank classes, it seems silly to not incorporate it more. At least in ABT they made it necessary for some fights.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Correction, I'd say: People who sucked at EQ, tend to suck at WoW.

I've not met a single high end raider from the glory days of EQ raiding that transferred over to WoW and wasn't at least above average/top performer.

Now, people who played EQ for 5+ years and spent most of their time leveling 7 characters to never max level, making friends, and never actually seeing a god or a dragon....yeah, those people tend to fucking suck at WoW.

Sure, we former EQ raiders are a dying breed, but i'll completely give someone the benefit of the doubt if they have a decent EQ resume.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I hope you find everything you need in your life in a game of no skill low rent players. I wish you well tiggles, keep the teeth to a minimum though - you want to tease with them but not scrape.

Your guild is dead and they blame you for it.

It's ok though because they all sucked anyways.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
EQ had some goods and bads for sure. I know most of the clerics from my old EQ guild had panic attacks when they tried to play WoW.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Your guild is dead and they blame you for it.

It's ok though because they all sucked anyways.
Emerald Nightmare is in the Burned Woods, dude. You know where that is, right?

If you could have found the fucking raid, we'd still be going strong. Get on it and maybe you'll be ready by BfA.

• 1Worf

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
He needs more members in his EQ guild and we all know you're a EQ player at heart Noodle.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Why you even here dude? Real talk.

I know what i did, and I've got a good feeling how most people feel about me now. I burned my bridges. What's your excuse?

uh it was the top thread and I clicked it to see what was happening and saw some posts about your guild dying.

Figured I'd be mean to you.

Pretty much it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Off the top of my head:

Antidotes and I did essentially all the recruiting, nonstop and fruitlessly

I compiled all mythic strats myself, with live input as we went

People randomly didn't show up, or were wasted, or a myriad of other issues that came with managing a mythic roster

We had a lot of people seriously underperforming

Taural quit the day I quit. He didn't have a chance to post it because he was gonna stick around to help but I decided I was done

If it appeared smooth it's because we talked a lot behind the scenes, i analyzed the fuck out of shit, I stressed over what people would consider very minute details, and I stressed over the big picture. In the end it burnt me out from not only leadership but the guild in whole.

It's there for someone else now. I needed to move on. Call me a pussy, bitch, asshole, whatever. Did what I needed

Leading a guild takes a lot of work and most of it's not fun. I don't think anyone blames you for burning out. Since it pretty much happens to every guild leader at some point. Drama and guilds are inseparable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
honestly was there really a metric to determine if someone was a good EQ player? i was in a server top 3 guild (we fluctuated between 2-3) and i still don't know if i did amazing dps or not. "did you pull agro" or "did you hide behind the pillar in time" were some of the only metrics. very little made you stand out in a raid unless you were an enchanter that had to deal with tons of incoming adds or a monk that did some magic feign pulling. i thought i was hot shit because i used to farm AA in the bertox zone (not plane of pestilence the one you had to be keyed for) with charm undead pets as a necro, but i have no clue what my raid dps was.

EQ required zero twitch actions 90% of the time that mythic raiding (heroic during wotlk) introduced to the game.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
honestly was there really a metric to determine if someone was a good EQ player? i was in a server top 3 guild (we fluctuated between 2-3) and i still don't know if i did amazing dps or not. "did you pull agro" or "did you hide behind the pillar in time" were some of the only metrics. very little made you stand out in a raid unless you were an enchanter that had to deal with tons of incoming adds or a monk that did some magic feign pulling. i thought i was hot shit because i used to farm AA in the bertox zone (not plane of pestilence the one you had to be keyed for) with charm undead pets as a necro, but i have no clue what my raid dps was.

EQ required zero twitch actions 90% of the time that mythic raiding (heroic during wotlk) introduced to the game.

I mean, we've had this circle jerk conversation a billion times here already. Knowledge and skill are not the same thing, and we can say that for any type of game. However, knowing an encounter and being able to judge when to use said knowledge would represent skill. It was pretty f'n obvious who was skilled in EQ and who wasnt. Being aware of your surroundings and knowing how to react to what was around you was probably the biggest gauge of skill in the game.

As for Noodle - I didnt know you bowed out! Hope all is well man.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

This is what an Olympic gold medal winning dive looked like in 1948 -

This is what competitive diving looks like today -

This is the finals from the 1996 Pro Tour Columbus for Magic the Gathering

The quality of play is below FNM standards. They're trash. Kiddie Hearthstone ladder grinders would run circles around them. In 1996 the concept of a mana curve had yet to even materialize.

It's like this for any human activity. We get better at doing things.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This is what an Olympic gold medal winning dive looked like in 1948 -

This is what competitive diving looks like today -

This is the finals from the 1996 Pro Tour Columbus for Magic the Gathering

The quality of play is below FNM standards. They're trash. Kiddie Hearthstone ladder grinders would run circles around them. In 1996 the concept of a mana curve had yet to even materialize.

It's like this for any human activity. We get better at doing things.

I remember that Hype Stormbind Ivory Gargoyle lock to seal the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider
We had a roster of 25 before the raid extensions started now we are at 21 but very close to 100% attendance from everyone, we've only had to call 1 raid due to attendance in the past 3 weeks. We also had 1 dude app during the extension and he pretty much just sits every day and I can't understand why you'd app to a guild extending on argus. Steady progress so far, hitting phase 3 every third pull or so, lowest at 31%