World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree it's pretty fast, in fact probably too fast if it were a year ago. My point is that there's not much time left.

There's like 15 weeks left before BfA launch and between 15(rogue) to 26!(druid) legendaries for each class. So if you dinged 110 on an alt today there's a decent chance you won't even see their "good" legendaries or get any decent amount of time to use them.

They should open the floodgates to give us something to do for the next few months.
I just went back and looked, I started really playing this character on 4/6. You can see from my achievements that I first beat Argus that day. Felbent - WoW

I only have 3 days played total on this character. That's not a terribly large amount. I didn't have a legendary before 4/6 (got my first one for beating Argus) and now I have 5. I'm not mythic raiding or anything and I do a lot of random shit that gives zero BLP. Like sure, Druid has 26 legendaries but how many for each spec? You can't probably expect to have everything in a couple months but you can probably do a full spec in 2 months. Even if you don't push you can get at least one reasonable legendary in your first month.

If you are really concerned you can get a legendary+ (1100? plus more on Brawl week?) per week. All the activities that give you essences also give BLP. I feel like if you really had a goal of all legendaries for a spec you could probably do it in 5 weeks.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They nerfed the absolute shit out of Aggramar:
  • Aggramar now begins Stage 3 at 35% health in Mythic difficulty
  • All Embers of Taeshalach now spawn with 0 Energy in Mythic difficulty.
  • The damage of Empowered Flame Rend has been reduced by 25%.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have nerfed every end of expansion raid. How is that unexpected? How many guilds have downed it? How many mythic raiders are there? It's probably a high percentage that have killed it and quit. I have two rl friends from two different mythic guilds whose guilds broke up after finishing the raid.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Argus nerfs are very noticeable, got past res tree and lived till second lust burn phase, kill is in sight.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I thought they said they would be baking in lots of the Artifact Weapon powers into the specs once they were yanked from us at the end of Legion? (Well presumably at the start of the patch where the whole engine shifts to the new one)

They have stated that the difference between daily questing in Legion and how things feel in BfA is purely down to end game vs start of new expansion shift, but I remember the initial questing in Legion and at no point did I feel as anemic as I do in BfA's first zone.

One thing that is the same, unfortunately, is the sensation of lackluster progress from actually levelling. Since all the content scales with your current level and since no new powers or abilities unlock along the way the levels themselves feel kinda pointless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The heaviness of the nerf was the unexpected part

It may be a bit more than expected but generally they really stomp the road blocks of the final raid expansion as we wind up for the next one so people working on their mythic achievements have a more smooth shot at getting them. Its not like the gear means fuck all any more so no real reason not to smack some nerf sticks around to let people get their shit done.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought they said they would be baking in lots of the Artifact Weapon powers into the specs once they were yanked from us at the end of Legion? (Well presumably at the start of the patch where the whole engine shifts to the new one)

They have stated that the difference between daily questing in Legion and how things feel in BfA is purely down to end game vs start of new expansion shift, but I remember the initial questing in Legion and at no point did I feel as anemic as I do in BfA's first zone.

One thing that is the same, unfortunately, is the sensation of lackluster progress from actually levelling. Since all the content scales with your current level and since no new powers or abilities unlock along the way the levels themselves feel kinda pointless.

It is a bit weird. Some powers are baked in some are talents and some are just gone. A lot of classes their artifact ability was nice but not game changing but some like druids really were complaining about single target rotations so they put the moon spell back as a talent option.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Arcane Mage has only two Artifact Traits baked in. Both of them are talent options and so not only do you have to sacrifice something else to get them, but they are the same in name only as the actual effect has changed dramatically.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Havoc DH feels incredibly clunky on beta. 100 fury cap feels terrible. It is also this random collection of abilities without a cohesive direction.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I think Havoc actually feels pretty good, Keep Eyebeam on CD (even single target), spam demon bite till 100 energy, dark slash, spend fury. demon bite / spend fury till your out of dark slash window then repeat. you can also go the high movement spec with felblade/immolation aura/fel mastery (?)/momentum (i think one of these talents may overlap). and you can weave in and out of combat similar to how DH did in EN/early NH. you can also go the shitty blade dance build which is great for dungeons at the moment when youre basically just aoe'ing down trash packs with demonic/firstblood (dot ability). the blade dance build isn't going to be viable in anything but 5 man normal/heroic content since it does shit dmg as soon as you get below 3-4 targets.

i ran the snake temple twice as a havoc once with a dark slash/demonic build and again with the blade dance/demonic build - pulling 2 packs at a time blade dance build did better on trash but i could tell a pretty big difference on bosses not having dark slash.

i don't like the fact that nemesis and demonic share a tier, one is always going to be the obvious correct choice depending on gear levels, and momentum is just there for niche 5 man content depending on how they eventually scale the numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I realize it will be the best ST build by far but I’m not looking forward to Colo Smash... I mean Dark slash build. I would be much more okay with the feel if the fury cap was higher or all the ability costs and fury generation were cut by a 3rd. Eye beam when using the eye beam build generates 105 fury. Also concerned about the 5 man utility without stun.