World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"
  • Personal Loot will be the only loot option in Battle for Azeroth. There's more control as an individual over your fate. The change hasn't been implemented to address split-raiding.
"

Don't piss on my face and call it rain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Only reason for it is to address split raiding but it's not to address split raiding, ok blizz.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I still don't get why they want to stop the high end guilds from poopsocking and doing 10 split runs a week. If they want to spend the time doing so, to get extra gear before mythic, by all means let them do it.

I feel they want to try and slow down the progression of raids so they're not cleared within the first month or two after they are released (By the high end guilds of course). Like are they trying to make it so a top 100 guild could compete on the same level as a Method or Limit level guild? By trying to eliminate splits, it seems like they're wanting it so guilds don't gain any sort of benefit from doing it all and those that weren't doing it in the first place might have a chance to beat higher ranked guilds.

I think the personal loot change is just a silly thing to change for the sake of changing things.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Split raiding is really just between the guilds already in competition to try and one up each other, even without it no other guilds will be competing with method or exorsus when they raid 18 hours a day till content is cleared. Just a bad decision all around.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not to address split raiding. They touch on it in the video. Its to address casulols quitting because they got no gear on their normal run be a use they do 20k dps and their loot counsel gave it to someone one else

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This game would be so much better if pvp and raiding were eliminated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not to address split raiding. They touch on it in the video. Its to address casulols quitting because they got no gear on their normal run be a use they do 20k dps and their loot counsel gave it to someone one else
Ok... So allow ML in mythic

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Remove the inability to hand loot to someone else based on ilvl and none of this would be an issue. Allow anyone who receives loot in an instance group to give it to anyone else in that instance group for the 2 hour duration.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've always disliked master looting. I get the general concept and can see how it would be beneficial for a tightly woven team, but in practice there always was a lot of social engineering and drama that got folded into it, especially when you ML to gear up a dude who then skips town for greener pastures.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Remove the inability to hand loot to someone else based on ilvl and none of this would be an issue. Allow anyone who receives loot in an instance group to give it to anyone else in that instance group for the 2 hour duration.
You're fired. We can't have that type of player friendly attitude here at Blizzard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've always disliked master looting. I get the general concept and can see how it would be beneficial for a tightly woven team, but in practice there always was a lot of social engineering and drama that got folded into it, especially when you ML to gear up a dude who then skips town for greener pastures.
It's the same thing with anything in life.

Jobs invest in new hires in hopes they'll stay, a lot of times they move on with the skills they picked up.

There are so many restrictions on ML.already as it is - has to be 80% guildies in the group is the most noticeable. If someone takes gear and bounces that's the way the cookie crumbles. The option should be there for those that want it