World of Warcraft: Current Year

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Okay. Mine always used to. Not sure how it is now.

I can't imagine it's changed that much.

And 60 * 8 = 480. I'm using your numbers here. Woops my math was incorrect.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not sure what the math is about. I'll never understand wanting the hardest difficulty to be easier. Unless it's unkillable like cthun

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This coming from the guy who was bitching that HEROIC KJ was overturned after like 20 pulls

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, I wasn't gonna go there... but...

v5n0k[1].jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Heroic KJ was never overtuned but it is the biggest retard check in the entire games history.

Turns out we had a lot of retards.

also soaks for 8 minutes straight is never fun

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Look, I can guarantee you that there is no way you've pulled 480 times in an 8 hour session. I doubt very seriously you've pulled more than 200 times in an 8 hour session. *shrug* My entire point here is to make you see that you're living in a bubble. If you don't wanna admit it, that's fine. I'm not here to prove anything to you or make you have some revelation about the game.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
You and Jox both inferred that you could. I mean, I've said my peace and I'll get outta here. Leave this thread to only the Blizzard faithful.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We pull quick, under 1 min downtime and possible under 30s. We discuss what happened when rezzing then go again.

My point was someone sees a guild taking 300 attempts and they must think these 300 attempts are taking 10 minutes each. In reality p1 is taking people 100 attempts to start nailing down. Then you've got say 50-100 just shit pulls. These are all between 1-3 minutes. The pulls add up.very quick. To illustrate my point:

Day 1 and day2

Screenshot_20180503-161900.png

Screenshot_20180503-161917.png

Jox

Molten Core Raider
It doesn't take a 20 hours/week guild to put 400 attempts into a boss, that better you retard?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
8 hours * 16 attempts per hour == 128 attempts. You said that you raided 7 hours, correct? Eish. You must really suck at raiding to get in 400 attempts during that time frame.

400 attempts / 7 hours = 57 attempts an hour.

Wow.

:O

Khane

Got something right about marriage
goishen... what is wrong with you?

How can you not understand that they mean over the entirety of a raid instance's lifespan? 7 hours a week, every fucking week, until you finally kill the boss. Which may take 10 or more weeks because of re-clearing and general guild fuckery.

I mean shit. You said you used to be a high end raider. Are you trying to suggest your super elite guild killed every boss in an instance within 1 week?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
My guild raids 6 hours a week and probably won't even do that for the last few months before the expansion. We can plow through the first few mythic bosses easily enough and then have some time to progress on the next but there's no way we're going back to 20+ hour weeks to grind that many attempts on a boss. This isn't 2006.

Bolded, italicized, and underlined.

What he meant (or he can correct me if I'm wrong) was that he wasn't going back to 20 hours a week to get the boss down that much faster. In other words, you can raid for eight hours a week and be slow as Christmas getting bosses down. But pretty soon, you just as well might as slam your head against a brick wall, because that's all that you're going to be doing in game. I've been in guilds like this, too. Where it's just a very monotone, "Yay, we finally beat the boss. I missed seventeen good things on Netflix and several good games all for.... This."

Yah, I have been in guilds where we didn't have a lot of free time, but that was waaaaaaaay back in Vanilla and it was hard as hell to get into a raiding guild at that time. So, it was either, you wait for everybody else... Or you didn't go.

But even at eight hours a week of slamming my head against a wall for 10 weeks straight? I ain't doing it. My guilds disband before the 3rd straight week of wipes. Been that way since Cata? *shrug* Maybe it's an Alliance thing. Maybe they just have much much more patience than I do.