World of Warcraft: Current Year

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
By eliminating these skins with BfA launch, it feels like they're charging $15 for the appearance. And I might just pay it.

Burns

Yay demo complete. This was the sigryn challenge so it took me a ton of attempts just die to shit rng sometimes the runes would spawn right in the Valkyrie path. Warlocks are slow as shit without burning rush.

2 different attempts I had it bug out and just use these ability over and over, couldn't tell if this is how it's supposed to go, bit the caster just spammed his spell and the other two just meleed several times.

This took me the most attempts but probably not as intensive as destruction was.

I did all the lock ones today, your Affliction walkthrough definitely helped, although it took 10 to 15 tries in total. I had some issues getting the timing and a full understanding of what I needed to do (aka kill the mellee guy with seed because he wasn't targetable).

You must have done the destro challenge the hard way, following a recent strat posted on WoWhead, it the second easiest, after feral druid. I used infernal and demonskin at ilev 930. Infernal ate 1 or 2 nukes, dies, resummon, death coil a nuke, infernal stun a nuke, then he usually went into casting quake, but I could eat 1 nuke and live with 10% health (when the infernal hadn't got agro back). None of the other abilities really did much with the demonskin bubble up and using lifesteal to top up. I ignored the worm and just burned the big nuking boss. Took 4 tries, with the first 2 getting a feel for the challenge.

With the Warlock done, I'm think I am done getting the skins I want. For me, only ~50% of the specs looked good enough to spend the time on.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
God, wowhead is dangerous...

Their spotlight on ALL THE THINGS (uppercase intended) is deadly. I discovered the existence of the hidden toy in Dalaran (which spawns on saturday, midnight to 2am), which means I have to log on next saturday now.

(the thing about which xmogs are still available on the argunite vendor on the Vindicaar is also a heavensent; instead of purchasing all 8 slots, I only have 5 slots lets to hope for random)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All The Things is pretty great. Has a few bugged items in it, but considering it's ALL THE THINGS a few screw ups were gonna be in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I ran into the same problems on the Sigryn challenge. Either I’d interrupt the blood of the father spell and the minute she broke cc she’d start pulsing it anyways or I’d get 2 or 3 runes in a row along with everything else... more of a pain in the ass then anything else.

Trying to do both holy paladin and mw monk now but I’m running into the same problems with the last pack in p1. I really hate the healing challenge.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does anyone know how the artifact appearances are going to work in BfA? Right now you can only apply the appearance at the Order Hall on your artifact on the character that earned them. Obviously artifacts are going away so I presume the appearances will become part of your collection tab and be t-mog accessible but will that be true for all characters that can use that weapon type on your account(s) or will it only be available to characters that actually earned it themselves? I ask because I have 5 accounts and some of my characters on my non-main account have better legendaries to complete some of them but I want to be sure my main will be able to access it in the future if I do it that way.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Don't think they've said anything on the subject, but I'd imagine it'd be like any other mog once it goes into the tmog library, same way WoD challenge weapons and MoP armors are.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The druid forms are confirmed to be on any druid you roll as long as you earned them this xpac. I would assume the rest of the artifact appearances would function the same way. If I had to hazard a guess the mage tower skins will probably be class dependent at the very least. I would put money down that they make all of the artifact skins class dependent though because seeing a pally tank running around with the Neltharion shield would "reduce its prestige" or some crap.

Burns

Right now on beta, the base weapon skin is avalable to mog for your spec. If you change specs, that mog is not visible till you switch back. The mogs should be acount wide, but always spec limited (they said this may change for some classes). I havnt seen how the druid bear and cat skins are going to work, as I dont think they are implemented yet.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea I did destro the hard way I suppose. I used felhunter, grimoire that summons an extra felhunter, and mortal coil and kited him around. I should have had the internal just tank which seems a lot easier.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Goddamn my luck has been outrageous lately. I've never farmed the MoP world bosses because the 1/2000 chance for them combined with being able to buy them on the BMAH made me decide it wasn't worth it. This week I decided to just run around and wack em on a few characters for the hell of it and on my 13th attempt ever on Sha of Anger I got the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent.

EDIT: Almost forgot, got the Darkmoon Rabbit this morning too. First kill ever.

Last edited:
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Goddamn my luck has been outrageous lately. I've never farmed the MoP world bosses because the 1/2000 chance for them combined with being able to buy them on the BMAH made me decide it wasn't worth it. This week I decided to just run around and wack em on a few characters for the hell of it and on my 13th attempt ever on Sha of Anger I got the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent.

EDIT: Almost forgot, got the Darkmoon Rabbit this morning too. First kill ever.

Can we ban this guy?

Or fire him? Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
RNG is a fickle bitch - I had an alt get Invincible and the Ragnaros mount within an hour and haven't gotten anything since in months, despite doing all 4 MoP bosses a dozen+ times a week.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1/2000 world bosses are a little different than 1/100ers. Getting one and nothing else for a year is cause for hate.

Burns

For those inquiring about Xmog earlier:
Since they enabled character copy today, I was able to take some screenshots of what the current xmog system in Beta looks like, in regards to artifact skins.

Spoiled for size and format.
As you can see, all the unlocked Artifact sword skins show up when in Outlaw.
WoWScrnShot_060718_213903.jpg

When equiping daggers in Outlaw, I can not see any Ass or Sub skins.

WoWScrnShot_060718_214027.jpg

WoWScrnShot_060718_214136.jpg

Feral and Guardian are working a bit different. You currently must change the form skin at the Class hall, and then the skin will change when you xmog the dagger or fist onto a current weapon. I tend to think that they are still working on this part, and it wont go live, otherwise Feral will be locked to daggers and Guardians locked to Fists. Oh, and druids still cant officially duel-wield.

WoWScrnShot_060718_213038.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060718_213047.jpg

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
RNG is a fickle bitch - I had an alt get Invincible and the Ragnaros mount within an hour and haven't gotten anything since in months, despite doing all 4 MoP bosses a dozen+ times a week.

Indeed. best luck I had was getting all 3 kara mounts in one hour from eachother. Nothing really before or after.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Warlock legos so far..

1. streten's shackles (not great, but is at least a small dps increase)
2. Argus quest ring (also not great, but a small dps increase)
3. Norgannons (big dps increase when it matters. Hint: usually it doesn't)
4. portal pants (wtf am i supposed to do with these)

i expect my next will be the dps shit trinket, followed by the cloak i'll never wear... thanks rng.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you do literally everything every week you have like 4-5 more guaranteed leggos to go before mage tower explodes. ;)

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
It's funny i actually want to see sephuz and prydaz....sephuz is crazy good for aff if you can proc it.

Prydaz for almost any class has been amazing for a long time (high key mythic+), and Sephuz is great for any haste based casting class. I think a lot of people never caught up to the fact that they got really nice buffs after launch and still stigmatize them. Still, they aren't a sexy legendary to get which can bum some people out.