World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So you're the type of guy who thinks "in depth mechanics" means group mobs together, spam your rotation. Same combat mechanics for for any level mythic...obviously higher level mythics called for strategy...but mechanics were exactly the same.

So, let me get this straight. If the mechanics require different strategies depending on difficulty level, the mechanics are static? Did you leave your thinking cap off today?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Did destruction mage tower last night @920 overall it was harder than AFF but just because 1 uninterrupted spell and it's almost always going to be a wipe. You also don't have your interior up every cast so you have to juggle spelllock, grimoire felhunter, mortal coil, and fear...but you need to save fear entirely for the Earthquakes. Took about 20 tries because I kept missing interrupts I ended up making a WA to Tell me which I had available.

Time for demo I guess, I'm nearly 950 ilevel now though so hopefully it's not bad.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm struggling with whether or not I want to try for most of these hidden appearances. I know I want them but even at 930 ilvl trying to get them on specs I've never played before is likely to be a struggle outside of the few braindead easy ones. Even the Guardian Druid appearance took me like 10 attempts last night just because I was trying to brute force it down rather than actually getting out of the shit in the first phase before like 6 stacks and using the healing bubbles to actually interrupt.

Though I guess once you've done them there are only 4(?) different scenarios so even if you don't quite know the class/spec you know all the mechanics. I'll definitely be doing the Affliction and Feral towers but other than that I just don't know.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
At one point I really was up for getting them all but just wanted up doing like 3 characters or so, then I just pretty much stopped playing once Noods called it quits and people stopped raiding. Sometimes when you step back you see that so much of it is just grinding for bullshit most of which you will hardly ever use or care about. Then again when I am fully playing and into the game I get the bad habit or itch of wanting to grind out everything so I know the feeling.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Agatha as a Feral Druid is so easy, it's silly.

I think there are 6 different scenarios. Tank (slight differences for each type of tank, though), healer (I imagine this one is slightly different too?), Xylem, Twins, Agatha, and Sigryn.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Agatha as a Feral Druid is so easy, it's silly.

I think there are 6 different scenarios. Tank (slight differences for each type of tank, though), healer (I imagine this one is slightly different too?), Xylem, Twins, Agatha, and Sigryn.

The healer one is the same for all healing classes aside from discipline which does the grimtotem one. I've done all the appearances for Shaman, rogue, Druid, warlock and the only ones that I felt were difficult was Agatha as a rogue and the healing challenge. Agatha became piss easy though on the rogue once I found out you can cheese her with command center buffs plus demon damage pots so you basically one shot the imps. The healing mage tower actually was harder with increased gear because of the last phase where you have to stay below a certain health threshold or your party dies. My heals were actually doing too much and cutting that edge between keeping the needed low health pool and not dying to the bosses jump/tick damage was a bit tricky.

The two easiest by far were Agatha Feral druid because Brutal Slash is just OP for the burst AoE on imps, and Guardian druid. Equip ekkowrath and the thrash wrists with balance affinity and you literally just spammed thrash in incarn for all of phase one from outside the inquisitors defile.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did both on Demon Hunter and they were laughably easy. For the tank one I was too worried about mechanics instead of just popping drums and killing Kruul. Imprison plus silence makes the tank one in phase one so easy.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
for the tank DH one it negates the hardest part of the encounter - getting blown off the platform because you cant see infernal slams. I've done it on every tank except Pally

Assassination, Affliction, Havoc were all super easy. i had some issues with Sub, Unholy. All the tank ones sucked except DH

I have yet to complete a healing one.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its 40 minutes long :/ I am more interested in how the class plays. The theorycrafting is pointless for me since I am potato level player.

Khane

Well the WW monk challenge was a complete joke. 1 shot with ease. Think I'm gonna do the BM and MM Hunter appearances just because they are ranged weapons

Ryoz

<Donor>
Decided to come back for the end of the xpac - just finished leveling and doing some wqs for gear. At about 880. Is there anything else I should be doing for ilvl upgrades?

Khane

Go to Argus and do the questline + invasions for veiled argunite to turn in for 910 gear.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yay demo complete. This was the sigryn challenge so it took me a ton of attempts just die to shit rng sometimes the runes would spawn right in the Valkyrie path. Warlocks are slow as shit without burning rush.

2 different attempts I had it bug out and just use these ability over and over, couldn't tell if this is how it's supposed to go, bit the caster just spammed his spell and the other two just meleed several times.

This took me the most attempts but probably not as intensive as destruction was.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Knocked out the frost dk, havoc and vengeance challenges today. Never touched a venge DH before, but I guess I had enough gear that I could flail on buttons and still come out with a win within like 3 attempts. Going to try for the frost and fire mage ones, but I don't have the fire diadem for dragon's breath and don't have 4p for frost, so not sure how shitty it's going to be without those.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I really need to go and do the feral and guardian challenges, with ilvl 965+ and all the legos I'm just being lazy as fuck. :/

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I really need to go and do the feral and guardian challenges, with ilvl 965+ and all the legos I'm just being lazy as fuck. :/

You really do, for other classes the mage tower stuff is nice, but for druids you're giving up some pretty amazing skins if you don't unlock them before BfA. The only other one I can think of that is a must get would be MM hunter if you play the class. Updated Rokky dee is really nice.