World of Warcraft: Current Year

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I been planning to redo my reps but I am the low effort type of player.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Looks like everyone is in an uproar due to tank threat generation. It's been cut by 80% on beta. Its back to Cata days is marking targets, using CC and abilities like misdirect and tricks of the trade. DPS can't initially go balls to the walls and may have to wait until the tank get sufficient threat. I can see DPS blaming tanks cause they suck and possible lack of tanks in dungeons ques.

I think one of the reasons Blizzard did this due to high mythic+ dungeons. You have DKs aggro 12 mobs with blood boil, drop a death and decay and kite them while DPS wears them down. Once a tank gets aggro no amount of DPS damage can pull the mob off that tank. I don't think that's their vision of doing high M+ dungeons.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, the threat changes really do seem to be a direct response of the kiting that goes on in high M+ keys.

I think I'll be happy to play a class that has a tank spec that I can fiddle with now and again, rather than solely playing tank from the get go of the expansion.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not really sure what they are trying to accomplish with BfA and honestly the "It's back to Cata days" might be the perfect way to explain it. R.I.P. sub numbers I guess?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You're saying McCheese needs to choke his chicken on tinder to get the gold needed to choke his chicken in WOW?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Looks like everyone is in an uproar due to tank threat generation. It's been cut by 80% on beta. Its back to Cata days is marking targets, using CC and abilities like misdirect and tricks of the trade. DPS can't initially go balls to the walls and may have to wait until the tank get sufficient threat..

Good. Last I played WoW a few months ago everything is retarded, there are no mechanics anymore...they need to do something to make this somewhat interesting

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
"no mechanics" did you do anything higher than Mythic+0? Because mechanics definitely exist

this is going to cause way more problems than it helps, doing nothing but threat gen is boring as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
A lot of these changes are just aimed at making the game "harder" for the LFR and heroic dungeon/Mythic0 dungeon players.

The number of players who push keys is a small minority and good players will adjust to whatever new ruleset emerges.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What is the current state of Green Jesus Thrall? It would seem that BfA will be redeeming Jaina AKA FrostBitch so I got to wondering if Thrall was ever going to stop moping around.

Rime

<Donor>
Thrall is off with his wife and their baby, Durak - Which is Russian for 'Fool'.

---

32 More Battle Pets added!

Brings the BfA launch total to a STAGGERING 120 Pets!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I preordered BFA but I can't say I'm excited for it at all. Probably still be there at launch either way though...need more mmo fixes. Can't decide if I want to do my havoc DH who I left around 960, or my BM Hunter who is like 900. Not that it matters much on new expac launches.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What is the current state of Green Jesus Thrall? It would seem that BfA will be redeeming Jaina AKA FrostBitch so I got to wondering if Thrall was ever going to stop moping around.
Metzen is no longer with Blizzard, so I think Thrall is going to remain behind the scenes mostly for the foreseeable future...

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I preordered BFA but I can't say I'm excited for it at all. Probably still be there at launch either way though...need more mmo fixes. Can't decide if I want to do my havoc DH who I left around 960, or my BM Hunter who is like 900. Not that it matters much on new expac launches.

I am playing games on my phone for the time being. Gets my click things fix for the day.

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol completed Aff mage tower at 915 with 4 attempts...first 2 without drums/food/rune GG.

Did you have the lego (Sacrolash's Dark Strike ) that causes Corruption to slow 60% too? I keep reading its almost impossible without it. I havent actualy played my Lock since getting green fire in MoP, but those weap Xmogs sure look nice.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I did it with 1 Lego (the purchased one) it's pretty easy to cheese the encounter and make it a dps race.

Set up a warlock gate across the platform. Use an infernal pet on defensive and stand next to Karam. When he goes live he'll hit you for about 75% but then he'll start whacking the infernal. The infernal can tank him while you just dps. The tricky part is at 35% when the next phase starts mortal coil Karam (timing is essential, you need to hit him in the 1 second that raest is casting purgatory) , pop everything and start the dps race on raest.

When the adds get close use the portal I used seed of corruption instead of ua since the exploding adds did A ton of damage. When the hands spawn just keep dpsing raest use your personal to survive the first explosion and dps him down before the 2nd.

Using the portal to bisect then platform keep the adds Central for seed damage and the mortal coil keeps Karam busy so you get a lot of uninterrupted dps time on raest. It basically let's you turret and skip a phase until 5% when he Chase's you again.

First 2 attempts was just to get the portal placement and mortal coil timing correct 3rd I lost the dps race by about 6% using UA instead of seed. The attempt I killed him I had less than 1 second before the hands explosion.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
"no mechanics" did you do anything higher than Mythic+0? Because mechanics definitely exist

this is going to cause way more problems than it helps, doing nothing but threat gen is boring as fuck.

So you're the type of guy who thinks "in depth mechanics" means group mobs together, spam your rotation. Same combat mechanics for for any level mythic...obviously higher level mythics called for strategy...but mechanics were exactly the same.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I mean I'm a mythic raider, and some of the higher mythic+s I'd consider harder than some raid encounters, everything is grouped up and DPS'd down but what you're not seeing is the tiny intricacies that are going on. Like in the MDI that first maw pull has about 5 different one shot mechanics you have to avoid, plan for, and deal with differently that you'll miss if you don't know what you're looking for.

M+s at the 24+ level are about as mechanically intensive as you'll get...I've done a few 20s but anything higher as a BrM is stressful as hell.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pretty sure Brodhi is one of those people that thinks everquest was hard and that Pantheon will save the MMO world.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users