World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know on some weeks for mythic reclears, especially this tier with Immonarr/Agg/Argus, you're just going to get people who are playing like shit that day/week and you just won't get the kill right away. Once the raid has been cleared some people just mentally checkout and couldn't care less, while others are there to clear it in the 1-2 days so they can fuck off for the rest of the week.

I can get that heroic is still difficult for some, but maybe at this point in the xpac, people are just not wanting to put the effort in?

I also wonder how much the raidbots site rakes in since you can link your patreon support for getting faster sim results as well as the ability to sim more gearsets. Once that site was fully fleshed out, I deleted SimC off computer.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard creates an in-game score for BFA in regards to M+. Although having a community do it for you for free isn't a bad deal either, so they might just let them keep doing it. I don't pay raider.io at all though, and my scores still update for myself & my alts. It's just not live, takes like 30 mins to update. I'm not sure how many people actually think having a live update is worth $2/month. /shrug

I also think you guys are pretty optimistic thinking a proving grounds would improve the playerbase at all, or that anyone would give a shit if you completed the proving grounds. They would definitely use raider.io over that, regardless of how "difficult" any proving grounds was, and if raider.io didn't exist they would use some other arbitrarily shitty scoring system created by the community. I'm honestly surprised a "raider.io" form of warcraft logs doesn't exist yet.

Pugging alts at the end of an expansion is a massive pain. Pugging in general sucks, but there are a ton of players 960+ now, so trying to get a m15 done or getting in a heroic ABT when you are under 960 is a pain. A lot of groups just decline you, regardless of your achievements, and the ones that do accept you often turn out to be absolutely horrible.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
For us it seems to be Kin'gorath/Agg/Argus and felhounds...since people want to parse they want to keep the 2 dogs together the entire fight and it makes the fight take 4-5 wipes since Tanks getting one shot is a legitimate concern if you get a dot tick + cleave in less than a second. our druid ported out last week and was like "i'll come back after felhounds because this strat is pants on head retarded". the rest of the fights are all one shots, even our Imonar has cleaned up quite a bit.

you're probably right Korillo people wont give a shit about proving ground scores...but maybe itll make someone better? i doubt it but who knows.

I pay for Raidbots, its a few bucks a month and has been worth it, i used to pay for askmrrobot but their site has gotten shittier and shittier. If your score is under 500 i dont think your main's score will show up on your alt, so people pay for that (i'll just wait).

its a self perpetuating cycle though, if you're a great player that rerolled you aren't getting in any groups unless your carried, and then you won't parse because youre being carried, and then your logs are shit so you won't get in other groups. your only hope is to get decked out enough with gear that you can parse in the top 80's for all ilevels and hope people look at it. the sell run i got into was by one of our "friendly rival" guilds and they were like...uh you have titanslayer couldn't you just do this yourself? so the top of the top actually recognizes titles and achievements but the middle of the pack only looks at ilevel/M+score. i would much rather have a 940 player with cutting edge than a 970 player with aotc.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying to get a H KJ for the longest for the artifact tint. To join of of these pugs you need AOTC achievement, an insanely high gear and raider.io score and a credit rating of 830 to get invited. I quit Legion right before ToS and came back to WoW after a month Argus was released. So naturally I missed out on ToS and NH and went straight into Argus. I've seen normal antorus pugs asking for 940-950 gear score when normal loot is 930 unless upgraded. Why would you ask for such a high requirement especially when you have a very small chance of getting an upgrade.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been trying to get a H KJ for the longest for the artifact tint. To join of of these pugs you need AOTC achievement, an insanely high gear and raider.io score and a credit rating of 830 to get invited. I quit Legion right before ToS and came back to WoW after a month Argus was released. So naturally I missed out on ToS and NH and went straight into Argus. I've seen normal antorus pugs asking for 940-950 gear score when normal loot is 930 unless upgraded. Why would you ask for such a high requirement especially when you have a very small chance of getting an upgrade.
I've also been trying to get the H KJ tint. I can't get in any groups. Like dude, I'm 962. I popping over 2 million all the time. Even if I only live half the fight it's gotta make your day easier right?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
because terrible players think gear can carry them through one shot mechanics. it doesn't matter if you're 900 or 980 varimathras necrotic plague will one shot you if you do it wrong. i regularly out dps warlocks that are 965-970 just because they got lucky TF gear. its the same for heroic, they want people 960 which is base mythic ilevel.

960+ gear is a bit misleading though, if you have your Argus trinket maxed out, 2 legos and a weapon with 945 relics (and 945 heroic in every other slot) youre pushing near 965 ilevel (excuse the napkin math).

i joined a pug to get my artifact tint doing Heroic Fallen avatar and they couldn't kill it with people doing twice the dps they did back in Heroic ToS, it was pretty impressive.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
We actually sold a H KJ last week, so I imagine it's tough to find a grp if people are willing to give up & throw gold at it.

People ask for high ilvl because they can. It's the end of the expansion, so finding 940+ people for normal and 960+ people for heroic is super easy.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Sco posted something on twitter a few weeks ago about being declined from a 970+ heroic group as a tank on one of his alts that was 965 something. :thinking: :memeface: was the response.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everyone does it, and you all know you would too. It isn't about what's possible or what ilvl the content was designed around, it's about getting the best zerging crew possible so you can dps race past mechanics quicker. Like trying to get The Chosen achievement in ToV. Helya will still wipe a group very easily if one person fucks up orbs, so people who do the achievement runs will require as high as ilvl 970 for the runs. Why? Because then you only get one orb cast in phase 1 and 1 in phase 3. It's just the way it is.

It isn't really about making a group that CAN do it. It's about making a group that can do it as easily and painlessly as possible. It sucks when trying to find groups as someone who is undergeared but I have never played a game where that wasn't the case. Gotta make your own groups (and you'll probably put the same requirements up when you do. You know it)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Meh I tend to invite based on what achievement they linked me and rapid fire kick after a boss if they underperform.

If you link me aotc from last week you're not getting an invite. But aotc from December and we're Gucci.

Burns

Can anyone in beta confirm that they removed full screen mode and hardware cursor?

On Beta, its called "Fullscreen" in the options, but it's actually fullscreen windowed. Hardware mouse option is gone.

I've been trying to get a H KJ for the longest for the artifact tint.

I've also been trying to get the H KJ tint.

Just to make sure, yall know you can still get the KJ tint in BFA, if you have unlocked the base mage tower skin, eh?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
When we would go through our alt keys in my group and we filled a pug spot, you really get to see there are retards at all ilvls and unless they had at least a 3.5k+ main it was hit or miss on whether they'd be completely useless in a 15.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh I tend to invite based on what achievement they linked me and rapid fire kick after a boss if they underperform.

If you link me aotc from last week you're not getting an invite. But aotc from December and we're Gucci.
Just means they had the gold to buy it in December when it was 200k instead of today where it's 70k ;) Linking AotC literally means nothing anymore. There are dozens of guilds selling that shit on day 1 or day 2 of a raid. Honestly, I wish they would add a category to the group finder thing for selling runs. I hate having to search through the dungeon groups and raid groups past all the selling run bullshit.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Just means they had the gold to buy it in December when it was 200k instead of today where it's 70k ;) Linking AotC literally means nothing anymore. There are dozens of guilds selling that shit on day 1 or day 2 of a raid. Honestly, I wish they would add a category to the group finder thing for selling runs. I hate having to search through the dungeon groups and raid groups past all the selling run bullshit.
That filter would be nice, I hate scrolling through all the real runs until I find a sellrun!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea that was just an example i was using, aotc doesn't mean a lot since you can buy it fairly cheap now. People usually link Mythic kills, even if its Garothi world breaker it should be from 6 months ago, not from a week ago, same with felhounds etc. most people aren't buying mythic kills since its not very efficient. I play on Illidan the highest pop horde server, and only 2-3 guilds sell mythic kills and its like 2-3 million gold for a full 11/11m (versus like 300k for a heroic) and even more if you want the mount. some unscrupulous sites are also selling full runs of 11/11m for ~$599 with mount).

people have gotten smart and selling things for Gold now, and then just turning around and selling the gold which i guess goes fairly quickly from what i've heard. just sell Heroic Argus kills all day, turn around and dump that into a gold selling website. if you find buyers you can do 1-2 million gold a day easily. pretty good $$ for kids who are in college or living at home.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the dates on achievements are accurate. Everytime I have an alt go through heroic I get a new aotc achievement. When I view it, it shows the most recent date, not my first date. Idk what others see when I link it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw someone selling Mythic personal loot the other day for a WoW token. Mount included. For these guilds that are done with their personal farming, it's time to farm gold for the next expansion. Like if you have been clearing it since week 2 on split runs can you do it now with 18 or 17 people and 3 buyers? Now that mythic is cross server it's getting more common to see mythic sell runs. I see Limit advertising it all the time but not sure how much they charge.