World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Honor buddy is no more so no botting is not rampant. I'm sure it still exists in some fashion but nothing like when Legion released and tons of people were running Honor Buddy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'll let our botters respond, but it's definitely not impossible given the number of random fucks I've seen doing world quests in a programmed manner that I'd seen since legion came out.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Thing is, for everyone who liked it a lot, there's one who hated that stuff. Anecdotal evidence: the mother of a former guildmate lives for tradeskills. She's got a stable of characters for every tradeskill and enjoy primarily farming, crafting, selling.

She hates dungeons. She has not completed a single class hall campaign, on any character, because she's stopped at every dungeon quest. She's does not have any alchemy recipe beyond the first three. She's got basic tailoring, no advanced recipes. Etc.

During Draenor, you'd see her every day for a couple hours gathering and stuff. During Legion, she pretty much stopped logging in after 7 months, when she stopped hoping that maybe the thing would be nerfed, and there would be alternate acquisition quests.

She's inquired if BfA is featuring the same and she can come back. Because that's a hard pass, WoW over, in that case.

Not as far as I can tell, but crafting on beta at the moment is more pre-alpha than beta to be honest. The only quests I've run across are for gathering profs and it's just to gather X of something basically.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I'll let our botters respond, but it's definitely not impossible given the number of random fucks I've seen doing world quests in a programmed manner that I'd seen since legion came out.

It is nearly impossible now. All the major bots are shutdown. The only ones still running are small I’m house developed ones basically.
The new warden updates have completely neutered bots.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It is nearly impossible now. All the major bots are shutdown. The only ones still running are small I’m house developed ones basically.
The new warden updates have completely neutered bots.

And nothing of value was lost.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotta say my hype level for this expansion vs legion expansion is like night and day. Legion had really interesting class revamps, new skills via artifacts, new talents, a major system change via M+, artifacts with order halls and WQ. I could count on two hands the classes that were fun and engaging to play. Been dicking around on beta for a little bit playing each spec at 110 and I gotta say, shit feels more neutered then it has ever felt. I feel Ion has really pushed is final bullshit onto us. I feel like he was given Legion in a cool way and fucked it up, and now with BFA he has a chance to create his own thing from scratch and it is complete dog shit. Of course that is entirely conjecture, but I do know that every day I wonder if I'm going to buy this expac.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
to be honest after demons in space ships, going to other planets fighting Sargeras and all the other over the top aspects I can live with a filler expansion. Need to catch up on games backlog

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
coming back after almost 2 years off, just to see the the guild I'm in is more or less dead. It was a good 10 years, wouldn't trade it for anything. No idea what I'm gonna do when the exp rolls out, since I'm now a filthy casual who only plays on weekends

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
coming back after almost 2 years off, just to see the the guild I'm in is more or less dead. It was a good 10 years, wouldn't trade it for anything. No idea what I'm gonna do when the exp rolls out, since I'm now a filthy casual who only plays on weekends

Join the forum guild.

FOH. Horde Hyjal.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
My main hope for BFA is large content patches like legion had (karazhan, broken shores, Argus). Right now it just feels shallow but I'm hoping it's some elaborate plan to hype up some mid expansion patch.

Yup I know it's wishful thinking, but it feels like with all the success of legion it should be hard to screw it up this bad..

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
And nothing of value was lost.
As a botter I would agree.

The botting that I personally did was just running characters to 110 because of how boring that shit was time after time. It wasn’t necessary but was fun to me to find optimized runs that would get my guy through an entire zone and then message me on google chat.

The theory is that if they break bots they will be able to make things less grindy.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did someone say bots? Lol...

But yes. Bots are pretty broken. There was a ban wave earlier this year or maybe last year and per typical the bots were down for a few days, came back up, and bans happened again. Basically at that point Honorbuddy gave up, and other bots followed behind.

Some of the bots say they are coming back for BfA but who knows. I wouldn't trust it.

Even if I'm a pleb using a rotation helper WA or addon, that's better than botting! Right... Right?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I never understood the shame associated with rotation helpers. I used one for almost all my specs because I had all classes to 110 and it just wasn't feasible to be fluent with more than a few of them.

Hell, I even used a rotation helper on my main (ret paladin), but I didn't need it. I thought of it more as a security blanket than something to optimize my play (ie if I blanked out and forgot where I was in the rotation I could pick it back up at a glance). For reference, I was top 10 on my server and probably top 100 in the world when I stopped playing in NH last year.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have never been a fan of bots or botters but I can understand why some use them just due to the tedious bullshit that current day WoW puts on people. There is also a reason so many people botted battlegrounds for years. The honor system was trash as were achievements like 100 wins for some characters/factions. I don't even have a problem with people botting to cut down bullshit like leveling alts. It just sucks when it starts to interfere and ruin others experiences like retard bots in BGs of economy ruining bots.

On the subject of rotation helpers I have never even thought about using one. I was always under the impression that they produced sub par dps since so many classes have some ADHD level proc watching and shit so it isn't just 1-2-3-4. If they are that good then it would be interesting.

Side question on that at what point do you guys feel like to much automation ruins things? I am thinking if let's say I have a rotation bot or any number of macros and shit to where I am only hitting one or two buttons it would feel like I am not even playing the game, at which point you might as well be botting. Shit like LFR on toon for titanforge shit is an example of pure garbage design that I wouldn't blame people for botting.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizzard's design really has little to do with botting. It does not matter how engaging or fun something is if there is a reward that takes time and involvement humans will always try to find the path of least resistance. We try to automate as much of our daily lives as possible. We likely won't even have to drive our own cars anymore within our lifetimes.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
There is a different game that botting/rotation plays and that is optimizing them as much as possible.

It didn’t ruin things for me instead it gave me a reason to play classes that I would never touch.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does no botting means they will remove the 10 instance / hour cap? Of course not. That change alone would help level alts multiple times faster (assuming they want to put that much effort into it)

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
just stopping by to bitch....another lego on the warlock so that makes

1. portal pants
2. bracers (terrible)
3. argus ring
4. demo helm (one of the only legos that does nothing after 110 vice 116)
5. norgannons
6. trinket

where in the shit are the good legos, i only have 1 bad one left (cloak) im sure ill get that next.