World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
just stopping by to bitch....another lego on the warlock so that makes

1. portal pants
2. bracers (terrible)
3. argus ring
4. demo helm (one of the only legos that does nothing after 110 vice 116)
5. norgannons
6. trinket

where in the shit are the good legos, i only have 1 bad one left (cloak) im sure ill get that next.

and this was my biggest issue with legion...

I played three characters depending on what my guild needed, like I always have, and the only class I ever had BiS leggos at a relevant time was my druid in feral spec. The second BiS lego for balance and MM was my second to last both times and I never got them for elemental. So glad they are gone in legion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I only ever played my Mage in Legion and I only ever got 3 lego drops in the whole expansion to date.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
and this was my biggest issue with legion...

I played three characters depending on what my guild needed, like I always have, and the only class I ever had BiS leggos at a relevant time was my druid in feral spec. The second BiS lego for balance and MM was my second to last both times and I never got them for elemental. So glad they are gone in legion.

The lego system for Legion was a shit show from start to finish. They should of had the currency for them in the game from the start. This late in the expansion they should drop like candy so people can at least enjoy them a few weeks before the new xpac drops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only ever played my Mage in Legion and I only ever got 3 lego drops in the whole expansion to date.

Check the legendary vendor guy in dalaran if you are only playing one character buidling up those essences comes pretty fast so you should be able to get one a week.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
BFA gonna be my catching up on older content expansion. Like achievements, mounts and tranmogs. Been playing the beta and I'm underwhelmed with the current content. Just feels like it was rushed.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Let's see if they ever fix all the lockout sharing they broke in Legion...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea the lego list i posted ive gotten fairly fast - made the character 3-4 weeks ago and i already have 6...the issue is im a mythic raider and probably main swapping to warlock, but im not in my guilds normal mythic raid runs atm if i can't keep up with dps. i do maybe 1.7 mil single target and need to be closer to 2 mil, only around 967 atm.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Might try to get back in this. Of course it's been 8 years and I can't seem to find my old characters. Maybe Blizzard is trying to tell me something lol.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man I kind of want to come back and knock out more mage tower stuff for altos and maybe some achieves and mounts but it seems like such a hassle.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Ive always usd some form of rotation helper. Even if it’s just to double check I’m where I should be in my rotation or to see when something is off cool down. The WAs for them are great.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man I kind of want to come back and knock out more mage tower stuff for altos and maybe some achieves and mounts but it seems like such a hassle.

That's what I'm doing! Like you the legendary system really pissed me off in Legion. Being locked out of different playstyles and the best setups by RNG faggotry was horseshit and really aggravating.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
yea the lego list i posted ive gotten fairly fast - made the character 3-4 weeks ago and i already have 6...the issue is im a mythic raider and probably main swapping to warlock, but im not in my guilds normal mythic raid runs atm if i can't keep up with dps. i do maybe 1.7 mil single target and need to be closer to 2 mil, only around 967 atm.

Aside from the shaman who fell by the wayside because of shit legos I have all the legos for my druid and every one for hunter aside from survival. My problem was that I didn't get them in a timely fashion. Feral BiS happened early on in tomb but balance and MM didn't get BiS until well in to antorus. On every character I had the missfortune to get all of my cross spec legos early on which severely gimped my dps and before the drop increases my bad luck protection.

Now I was never in anything but lower end mythic guilds due to time commitment so I was still high on the dps charts but when I knew I was leaving as much as ten percent of my dps on the table because I didn't have boomy bracers for this aoe fight or the CD boots on a mm single target fight it just felt like shit.

In my opinion they should have cut in half the drop time post mythic KJ race and it never should have been as atrociously slow as it was to start. My shaman for instance didn't get their first legendary until five weeks in to the expansion. The second came four weeks later. First was prydaz pre buff and the second was the heroism helm which is crap for all specs. So two months in to legion with two shit legos the toon was basically dead at that point. That was also the height of my play time this expansion averaging probably 25 plus hours a week. Once I realised I would always be gated behind Lego drops for peak performance I basically just logged in to do my weekly raids, mythic+, and daily cache. The fact that you couldn't really boost blp in an effective way until argus came out with its invasion portals was just bad.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then you stopped playing two years ago or literally sit in Dalaran and argue about walls and Chick Norris.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Clearing whatever raid was current on Heroic, doing an emissary a day, and one M+15 a week was a Legendary every 11-12 days. If you do all of the current content (Clear ATB, 1 Heroic Rando/BG Win a Day, 1 Emissary a Day) you get enough Essences for a legendary token each week. If you do the Brawls and Rated PVP, it is around 1450 Essences, average, each week.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honor buddy is no more so no botting is not rampant. I'm sure it still exists in some fashion but nothing like when Legion released and tons of people were running Honor Buddy.

Im still in some groups on Discord from where I designed combat routines for sale on the HB store. Some of the big names like Tuanha and Millz have their own channels and its still a busy bee hive in those channels for some completely different Bot. I glanced at it four or five months ago, but the popular one (subjective) appears to run WoW itself, in a shell. Honorbuddy was just so popular because of its ease of use and install. I dont think there is anything out there right now that was as easy as HB. If I did have the time to play WoW right now, I still wouldnt care about this one because it looks like you're giving your computer Aids to run it.

Ive always usd some form of rotation helper. Even if it’s just to double check I’m where I should be in my rotation or to see when something is off cool down. The WAs for them are great.

When I first came back after that HB Ban wave, I was using a rotation helper to get back up to speed. I dont care for them though. You go through your abilities in the sequence it says never understanding why you're doing something or why this ability popped up etc. You attention to whats going on around you is hampered because your attention is split between what ability you should be using and the shit thats going on around you. If you take it away, you're almost clueless. I honestly think that if you want to learn your class, research your abilities, understand why you need to use certain abilities at certain times and then just grind out dungeons until you're able to passively DPS w/o "looking down at the keyboard" figuratively.

That's what I'm doing! Like you the legendary system really pissed me off in Legion. Being locked out of different play styles and the best setups by RNG faggotry was horseshit and really aggravating.

Honestly, each time I came back this past expansion.. the Legendary system was loud and in my face and already encouraging me to quit. Not only was my Item Level lower because I didnt have two Legendaries active on that character - When I did get one of them, it put the class I was playing in a better dps situation than what I was without it. Yet, after molding your gear to fit that old Legendary - I could very likely get the next Legendary thats BiS for that class that would require me to switch all my gear over to that play style which is all a f'n headache. Much less did I ever feel up to snuff to the person that got BiS legendaries for their class right from the beginning. I like the idea of the Legendaries, but since each one was unique with different levels of power attached to them, the last thing they should have been was Random Drop. I would have much rather defeated a tower-like encounter for my class to get the bis Legendary.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, each time I came back this past expansion.. the Legendary system was loud and in my face and already encouraging me to quit. Not only was my Item Level lower because I didnt have two Legendaries active on that character - When I did get one of them, it put the class I was playing in a better dps situation than what I was without it. Yet, after molding your gear to fit that old Legendary - I could very likely get the next Legendary thats BiS for that class that would require me to switch all my gear over to that play style which is all a f'n headache. Much less did I ever feel up to snuff to the person that got BiS legendaries for their class right from the beginning. I like the idea of the Legendaries, but since each one was unique with different levels of power attached to them, the last thing they should have been was Random Drop. I would have much rather defeated a tower-like encounter for my class to get the bis Legendary.

If I was able to go back and set out a new legendary template for legion I would have done it like this. Prydaz, Sephuz, and the trinkets would have been gated behind faction rep or quest lines. That way you could pick them up at your discretion depending on how hard you were able to grind. The cross spec class specific legos and the spec specific legos would have been on different blp systems so that getting the roots of shaldrissel or the leather dps belt wasn't something that hurt you, but instead was good for mage tower/open world etc. That way blizzard still could have their random drop endorphin rush but in a way that dealt out the raid/mythic+ beneficial legos in roughly half the time frame. I also would have started the lego drop rate at the first time it was buffed as opposed to the entirely too long initial drop rate. Half of my guild at the time took a month and a half to two months to get two legos at launch and most of them were doing content actively 25 hours plus a week. Of course you had the lucky few who were benefactors of the bug at launch and had 6 legos in the first month.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Only reason I ever used a rotational helper is that it was a good visual aid for buff procs and ideal next spell casts based on current haste rating. Balance has a chaotic variable haste and tons of short buffs that needed to be kept up, dot up times, so the rotation is very inconsistent, even more so with legendary procs. I eventually replaced it with a couple badass WeakAuras that basically did the same thing without telling me what spell to cast next. Rotational helpers are also cpu heavy, and use a ton of memory. WeakAuras are very light weight. If this expansion has taught me anything, instead of looking for an add on solution, look for a weak aura.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Thing is, for everyone who liked it a lot, there's one who hated that stuff. Anecdotal evidence: the mother of a former guildmate lives for tradeskills. She's got a stable of characters for every tradeskill and enjoy primarily farming, crafting, selling.

She hates dungeons. She has not completed a single class hall campaign, on any character, because she's stopped at every dungeon quest. She's does not have any alchemy recipe beyond the first three. She's got basic tailoring, no advanced recipes. Etc.

During Draenor, you'd see her every day for a couple hours gathering and stuff. During Legion, she pretty much stopped logging in after 7 months, when she stopped hoping that maybe the thing would be nerfed, and there would be alternate acquisition quests.

She's inquired if BfA is featuring the same and she can come back. Because that's a hard pass, WoW over, in that case.

While it's not crafting in particular, the problem with Legion was that EVERYTHING was gated thru dungeons. If you did not want to play in dungeons at least some, the expansion was a complete dead end. You could unlock WQ, and that's the only form of gameplay that was available. You couldn't complete any important feature set without a handful of dungeons.

This is me basically, although I'm still playing because I like collecting things from old content and will complete Legion things after I level in BFA.

I even have 2 classes with champions limited to 5 and 900 armor because dungeons are required for more (rogue, warrior). Meanwhile, my monk and hunter have 6 and 7 champions respectively and the 950 gear and missions without stepping in a dungeon.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I logged into beta just to check my progress on the 350 mount achieve. 341/350 damnit, I thought for sure I had enough to get it. Gonna have to grind out some annoying mounts to get the last 9 before BfA.