World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends how much xp those WQ in darkshore are and if you can do them on lower characters. Those may be good xp if you can do them as lowbies like the current legion invasions.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It would be really disappointing if there is no "catch up" mechanic in this prepatch

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be really disappointing if there is no "catch up" mechanic in this prepatch

I have not been able to test that but I am assuming the darkshore stuff probably is world scaling and even lowbies can get it because it is near and safe to both horde and alliance areas. If so then it probably is really good xp like the legion broken isles invasions. More throttled than the legion prepatch things but still probably a solid way to bump alt levels.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
On the latest ptr build many classes took a huge dps nerf. Fury warriors by 16%. Ouch!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ion stated earlier this week there will be no "Pre-Legion" type of xp catch up going on, and they felt comfortable with where it was at today. I hope this Xpac tanks and these hacks lose their jobs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I just did the artifact questline out in silithus on a group I hadn't done it yet on and it's artifact level 127 and concordance 76 today. Looks like it just gradually goes up every 48h maybe?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Ion stated earlier this week there will be no "Pre-Legion" type of xp catch up going on, and they felt comfortable with where it was at today. I hope this Xpac tanks and these hacks lose their jobs

because you can't level a character really fast? lmao buy a boost faggot

• 1Dislike

Khane

The leveling changes are terrible. Not sure why anyone would defend them.

And it's just another gripe to throw into the laundry list of bad decisions they've made with the game since Legion launched.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The leveling changes are terrible. Not sure why anyone would defend them.

And it's just another gripe to throw into the laundry list of bad decisions they've made with the game since Legion launched.

The leveling changes may be a bit slow for people who are on alts and have many other characters but for a new player it has the advantage of actually letting you finish stuff up before being forced to move on and basically never complete any zone story before it is no longer worth doing. For people with alts put on all your heirloom stuff and with the dungeon changes it is not that bad. I did a void elf and a lightforged to get their armors and it went fast enough. The funny thing is once you are past level 60 you start accerating and wod takes only a couple hours to go from 90 to 98 and legion if you hit the demonic invasions goes really fast now too.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's definitely slower but you actually have to play the game rather than 1shotting everything mindlessly for 15 hours until max. Don't get me wrong I liked the old way of leveling more because I fucking hated leveling but on the flipside I'm actually relatively engaged in the game again when it comes to leveling.

Either way I'm on my last alt so I never have to care again

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
because you can't level a character really fast? lmao buy a boost faggot

It's not really about that. At all. It's more "this was a fun fast way to level, let's never do it again". Par for the course with these dumb fucks

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Reading these posts makes me sad. I haven't leveled a character from level 1 in so long. I guess I have to level a Mag'har orc for their heritage armor. 😩

xzi

Mouthbreather
Leveling was never good and never will be as long as endgame is the only focus of the game, it's sucked for 13 years and it'll keep sucking for 13 more

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I started an elk shaman and a void warlock thinking I was gonna level up for the tmog, but then realized I'd rather shoot myself in the face than endure manually leveling another character. Last time I did that was during wod where I leveled my priest, when it was actually still fun. If they'd kept the same pace, while adding the scaling areas, it would have been a net win.

I will level a Zandalar troll once I've unlocked them, but I'm not fucking looking forward to it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The biggest issue with people like Ion and the other retarded fags at Blizzard is the arrogant "you are having fun the wrong way" mentality.

These dicksuckers love to tell you when and how you should play the game. That's shit design.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They like it to be so controlled they forget about fun 9 out of 10 times. They did a lot right with Legion, but it was mostly in how they made redundancy fun, while adding a lot of annoyances such as the crafting quests, or how it takes nearly a year for the archeology stuff. Running m+ over and over allowing groups to always be available and running? Nurfed. Fun legos? Nurfed. Quick leveling? Nurfed. Good dps? Nurfed. Bad dps? Let's make it barely average.

Khane

The leveling process isn't a little slower. It's about 70 percent slower. Scaling the world was a great change. Nerfing exp gains into the ground was not. I've leveled quite a lot of characters this expansion both before and after the changes. It's really bad now until you get to WoD. Doesn't make much sense to me to keep people in the first 90 levels for such an artificially extended period of time in a 14 year old game.

• 1Like