World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Token prices generally only increase in cost over time. Not sure if they will dump as much gold into the economy through the mission table as they did in Legion though.

I'm not entirely sure they are definitely going to remove the Legion gold missions. There is no auto generation of OH resources like there was for Garrisons and also no way to maintain OH resources via the mission table. It would kill me if they didn't remove them because I know I can't ignore it but I absolutely hate it.

Rime

<Donor>
They will. Hell, on the PTR, they are nerfing WoD Garrisons making free materials. Not sure if that will go live, but the Profession Buildings (Fishing excluded), Mine, and Herb Shack are all disabled. So is the Garrison Resources-to-Crafting Materials vendor.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
They will. Hell, on the PTR, they are nerfing WoD Garrisons making free materials. Not sure if that will go live, but the Profession Buildings (Fishing excluded), Mine, and Herb Shack are all disabled. So is the Garrison Resources-to-Crafting Materials vendor.
You mean I can finally stop making hexweave bags...? Well I mean, I can stop using the tailoring shack.. I'll still have to do the daily CD ... going to be half the bags then -.-

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So since there is a big buff to the artifact shit and it's last chance to get the mage tower shit done what do you guys think is the best to focus on? I have completed Warrior, Mage, and Death Knight. But I have DH, Hunter, Priest, Paladin, Lock, and Druid at 110. I really doubt I am going to complete all of them for every spec but if I was to prioritize some what will give me my best bang for my buck so to speak? I am thinking the Druid since it's the biggest appearance change. I could level up Rogue, Monk, and Shaman and try and gear them but I don't know if I really care to bother at this point.

Also please correct me if I am wrong but Blizzard stated that only the challenge mode and the 15 M+ appearances are being removed? Everything else can still be obtained whenever! Also with the new BfA tmog once I unlock the appearances does that mean if I make another let's say Warrior on a different server I have those challenge mode appearances?
Demon Hunter is literally a face roll. I never did any of the tank ones, beat it on my 5th try because I didn't understand the mechanics. The Havoc one has one mechanic. Looking for the dude during the explosion phase. You only need to get close to him. Once you realize you can bring the boss to the center before that phase and just double dash to the gold dot on you mini-map, it's faceroll easy. Took me like 8 tries because I am terribad.

Rime

<Donor>
You mean I can finally stop making hexweave bags...? Well I mean, I can stop using the tailoring shack.. I'll still have to do the daily CD ... going to be half the bags then -.-

Take it with a grain of salt, but yes, on the PTR build, they are all disabled - which is lame, considering it has been that way for going on five(?) years now.

I guess they really, really want to frag the Hexweave Market, so people make the new 32 slot BfA bags, which require significantly more difficult/costly to obtain materials.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Take it with a grain of salt, but yes, on the PTR build, they are all disabled - which is lame, considering it has been that way for going on five(?) years now.

I guess they really, really want to frag the Hexweave Market, so people make the new 32 slot BfA bags, which require significantly more difficult/costly to obtain materials.
Well I'm all for it if it means more profit to me. My army of tailors is ready. If however they gate stuff behind dungeon runs again, I'll be a sad panda.

Rime

<Donor>
You are going to be a sad panda! New bag requires the BfA version of Obliterum (can be made from any green-blue-epic)... and, drumroll ...BfA version of Frozen Orbs/Chaos Orbs/Spirits of Harmony!

Khane

On Mal'Ganis it is more profitable to sell the raw materials than it is to turn them into bags. Never understood why people even still made them there.

Rime

<Donor>
That all depends on your server. Up until about a month ago, they went for 1600 or so on my backwater server. Cloth and the Earth when added up, were at 1100. Now it is closer to the point where it is not profitable. I have 100ish bags in my bank. I am going to hold onto them until the next wave of Allied Races come out, see if they get up to 1500-1600 again. If not, then I will equip my various alts with them and sell the excess to break even.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
From daily CD alone, a bag runs me 100 fur and 10 earth = roughly 500g currently.
Tailoring Hut gives 4 cloth for 5 fur iirc so 125 fur and 10 earth for a bag = roughly 600g.
Bags sell for 1600 right now. Have sold for as high as 3k with the same base mats price.

I hate having BoP stuff for professions. I mean ok, Bulwark of Ancient Kings required BoP mats but that was a BoP item already and I wanted it for my warrior. Bags on the other hand are not BoP so I don't like the idea of a BoP component to make them. Bags are a commodity. Free Trade!

Rime

<Donor>
BfA 32 Slot will take 75 Cloth (Which requires regular cloth and a special cloth - think Felwort/Brimstone/Felhide from Legion), then the Obliterum-crap, then the BoP Mythic Dungeon/Raid drop BoP item. So it is no wonder they are going to nerf the Hexweave production, otherwise nobody would ever bother with the new bag.

Khane

Well they didn't originally, the gold missions have been buffed several times when each new "tier" of the mission table was released (Broken Shore patch first and then the Argus patch). Before broken shore opened up the gold missions weren't really worth the hassle, especially before bloods could be used for OH resources.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
Yep. On launch, gold missions were like 500ish, including the bonus. Broken Shore upped it to 2kish. Argus jumped that to 2.5k.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a way to check how much gold I have on a server without having a sub? I can re-sub with gold on Hyjal but I don't remember how much of a chunk that 213k will be...

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just spend the gold. If you play any decent among over the next month you can make the 200k back with ease.

Also Blizzard often likes to do little events and shit leading up to an expac release and often tons of opportunity to make mad bank on these things.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every expansion makes money easier to get. Blowing a couple hundred k should be something you can make back up in a pretty short period of time if you have max level character.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just spend the gold. If you play any decent among over the next month you can make the 200k back with ease.

Also Blizzard often likes to do little events and shit leading up to an expac release and often tons of opportunity to make mad bank on these things.

They have already said there won’t be an event other than burning tree and the undercut seige. New WQs in Datkshore might give more gold?

Either way, you earn a massive chunk of gold just from leveling. Gold is mostly meaningless these days due to how easy it is to make. I’m sitting at 7 million and haven’t sold anything on the AH the prior two expansions.