World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As long as it's a bit more engaging than a mobile ap game or Diablo 3 where you have to bot to the level of difficulty before it becomes interesting again...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bots? Someone said bots!

Wanna come back as I feel the forum guild is the perfect level of casualness. Will try and make some time to login and figure shit out before launch.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Make a vacation day, and just like legion, leveling should take ~10 hours, if you are on the speed run. There is plenty of time to take it slow on a second or third character, later, when there aren't 5000 people in the first 1/5th of the zones.
Since I play mostly in guild, there's no real need to rush thru content and then wait for the rest of them to level up.

But, coincidentally, I have 3 weeks (filthy euro, I know) of vacations coming up for the last 3 weeks of august. Funny how things work out.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ug, just looked those up, you need at least 20 people in the guild to get the cheve, or grind to exalted with a guild that already has them.
Don't WQ give you 250 guild rep each? I think they do. That makes exalted very fast to get. Making a low level fresh alt to grind leveling quests would probably be slower...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Given how so much of the game is instanced these days it makes me wonder why couldn't they simply do something like this.

You zone into the mage tower. You have X set of standardized gear, ilvl, talents, which you have to use to complete said challenge.
Because it costs a lot of manpower to balance. Most of the older content, they don't care about balancing, so as long as that timewalking raid works, go for it. But content that's supposed to be a challenge "should" not be trivialized, so you need to make sure it does not. And that's a bit more than putting an ilvl cap on you.
Bam now we have just expanded the use of a ton of content with zero effort,
Except it's not zero effort. At least not for that type of content.

Accept that you will never get 100% of ATT, and move on...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
In the case with the artifact stuff you would be doing yourself a disservice at least in Legion by grinding out artifact power.
Which reminds me: what are they replacing artefact tokens with in class hall missions? Since AP is gone in 8.0 those missions which make more than half of what you have (while you're unlocking the hall with an alt) must be replaced...

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh man I'll be weeks behind, going on vacation on the 10th and returning on the 19th when everyone will be 120 and max AA. Also going to miss goldrush and millions in AH sales. FML.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Which reminds me: what are they replacing artefact tokens with in class hall missions? Since AP is gone in 8.0 those missions which make more than half of what you have (while you're unlocking the hall with an alt) must be replaced...

Nope they are still there, enjoy your 25g token.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Warmode is safe as long as you at the top of the pack. Day 2 on it's going to get sketchy as the other faction will start roaming around. You can start the other factions zones at around 115 if you don't mind leaving warmode off.

That thinking would work if BFA levelling wasn't a race to the bottom. Every level you get significantly worse, and 119 and 120 you get completely dumpstered.

Being ahead of the pack just means you are a free kill for the level 110 rogue waiting at the quest hub.

I wouldn't use war mode as a PVE'er to try and level faster, if you don't run into any griefers it might net you a small gain but even one asshole can cost you far more than you would ever gain in increased xp.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I wouldn't use war mode as a PVE'er to try and level faster, if you don't run into any griefers it might net you a small gain but even one asshole can cost you far more than you would ever gain in increased xp.

Well, you can turn it off, can't you? Isn't that the point?

velk

Trakanon Raider
If it's anything like the artifact weapon and gates the amount earned then it's kind of like slamming your dick in a car door.

You can run Maw of Souls 1000 times to unlock all three traits only for it to be proven a complete waste of time by next patch.

It is exactly like that - when I first tried beta it was 16,000 AP for level 10 ( about 500 world quests ), now it's like 2k for level 20.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I for one am going to be playing with it on 24/7 on my main (unless I'm feeling carebear and want some bear asses to cook). I can't wait to wait until somebody is at 50% hp grinding mobs and throw hammers at their stupid face. Warmode is going to be so much fun before flying is a thing. Then it's gonna go back to being regular wpvp where you res and just fly away, booo