World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I was thinking about the mage tower and really other shit they remove from the game or seemingly love to remove shit all the time. Given how so much of the game is instanced these days it makes me wonder why couldn't they simply do something like this.

You zone into the mage tower. You have X set of standardized gear, ilvl, talents, which you have to use to complete said challenge. Could be the same way with older Mythic raids for mounts or titles or whatever. You're power level is set to X upon entering this instance there is no cheesing there is no out gearing or out leveling the content. When you zone into Legion mage tower you are 110, when you go do WoD challenge modes you are 100 with X set of gear or whatever. Bam now we have just expanded the use of a ton of content with zero effort, we have kept the prestige titles and shit in the game, and you can get them at whatever pace. You didn't start playing wow until 2017 well now you aren't fucked forever on getting some older cool shit. Could bring back everything down to the Champion of the Naru stuff or whatever.

I have stated this before but I have always disliked the removal of items from a game in general.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make a vacation day, and just like legion, leveling should take ~10 hours, if you are on the speed run. There is plenty of time to take it slow on a second or third character, later, when there aren't 5000 people in the first 1/5th of the zones.

I'm not sure if Azerite will be that important though, as they nerfed the amount needed to get all the leveling/dungeon armor unlocked (subject to change). In beta, all my armor was unlocked by the time I hit 120.

I think I am going to try Azeroth Auto Pilot add on this time. The tips/tricks from the following legion guide were good, so I will be using those as well.

Nice, ConsLegion 2.0! Definitely picking that up. That addon was killer.
Anyone used Zygor lately? Usually would figure out a way to get that one free and it was great.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I did 110-115 in 6-7 hours without warmode and afk time to cook dinner, laundry etc. Could probably get that down to 4-5 with warmode and grinding. Warmode is safe as long as you at the top of the pack. Day 2 on it's going to get sketchy as the other faction will start roaming around. You can start the other factions zones at around 115 if you don't mind leaving warmode off.

I am still having a really shitty time trying to find a class to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Warmode or whatever, also gives a +10% Experience boost, so it might be worth doing it the first day - Given that there is very little zone sharing until 120.

I will definitely level with warmode on. Add to that, for some classes, the pvp abilities make the class feel better and it will be difficult to play without it.

One thing I found in beta, is to do the outposts on the opposing islands at 118, at the latest, due to the fact that there is a big jump in scaling from 119 to 120. I plan on doing them as close as I can to when they first come available, which is 112, 116, and 118 (I think). The outpost quests themselves, dont overlap much, and when they do, it usually hits phasing issues, and cant see the other faction anyway.

Edit: There is also a 5% xp BoE uncommon quality red gem. My first act of BFA will be to log on my mining DH and get 30-50 ore in the back area of one of the zones.

Anyone used Zygor lately? Usually would figure out a way to get that one free and it was great.

I havent used Zygor's since Cata (maybe?), but it was great back then, and I would imagine would work well enough. The one I linked is from a guy that made one in legion, that a bunch of people seemed to really like.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Warmode is safe until you outlevel your legendaries and they no longer work and then start getting your ass kicked by people 10 levels lower than you.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Completely coincidentally I’m on vacation the week this comes out. Maybe I’ll try to rush that azerite thing.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I was thinking about the mage tower and really other shit they remove from the game or seemingly love to remove shit all the time. Given how so much of the game is instanced these days it makes me wonder why couldn't they simply do something like this.

You zone into the mage tower. You have X set of standardized gear, ilvl, talents, which you have to use to complete said challenge. Could be the same way with older Mythic raids for mounts or titles or whatever. You're power level is set to X upon entering this instance there is no cheesing there is no out gearing or out leveling the content. When you zone into Legion mage tower you are 110, when you go do WoD challenge modes you are 100 with X set of gear or whatever. Bam now we have just expanded the use of a ton of content with zero effort, we have kept the prestige titles and shit in the game, and you can get them at whatever pace. You didn't start playing wow until 2017 well now you aren't fucked forever on getting some older cool shit. Could bring back everything down to the Champion of the Naru stuff or whatever.

I have stated this before but I have always disliked the removal of items from a game in general.

Only problem with this is the changing of skills, truncation of abilities, or complete reconfiguring of a spec. Would be nice, but then you've got the buildup of old talents/abilities/etc that they don't want to keep in the database.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Rushing the Azerite payout gets you a leg up on... more rushing?

If it's anything like the artifact weapon and gates the amount earned then it's kind of like slamming your dick in a car door.

You can run Maw of Souls 1000 times to unlock all three traits only for it to be proven a complete waste of time by next patch.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I use Zygor. It's still good.

Carbonite, however, was pretty horrible sometime during Legion, and I gave up on using it to level.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Isn't it all just a waste of time?
Well... yeah. Unless you're doing this:

wow.jpg

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Isn't it all just a waste of time?

Technicality this is true but there is also diminshing returns on time spent. Blizzard has shown they love for people to grind their balls off but they don't want you to get a big lead so they add greatly diminshing returns. In the case with the artifact stuff you would be doing yourself a disservice at least in Legion by grinding out artifact power.

Burns

If I get to 120 before the reset, I only care about doing the 1 emissary for the rep. Doing 5-8 island invasions sounds turrable. Azurite will flow like AP did in legion, and it will be exactly the same shit. Like Booze is saying, grind it out, and you might get a .001% dps increase.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What's the average time frame getting from 110 to 120 in BFA via questing? No warmode. I know some people spam dungeons to max level while others do quests and some dungeons when they are required.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Grinding out AP to 54 traits was literally whole percentages of damage, up to ~9% more. I agree that it isn't really worth it in the long run but it definitely made a huge difference in Mythic NH.

Burns

The heart of Azeroth is not like the weapons with a bunch of powerful traits though. If they keep the low requirements of Azurite levels in unlocking the dungeon armor, then the only thing more Azurite will give, is stats on the neck. To equate it to Legion, would be, that in the first week of being 120, you will have gotten to concordance 75, and everything after that is like getting 76, 77, 78, ect. I didn't do much of the 120 grind in beta, so it feels like I am missing something, but I dont know what it is.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The heart of Azeroth is not like the weapons with a bunch of powerful traits though. If they keep the low requirements of Azurite levels in unlocking the dungeon armor, then the only thing more Azurite will give, is stats on the neck. To equate it to Legion, would be, that in the first week of being 120, you will have gotten to concordance 75, and everything after that is like getting 76, 77, 78, ect. I didn't do much of the 120 grind in beta, so it feels like I am missing something, but I dont know what it is.
Sounds a lot like Legion. Certain classes were tuned to a full set of traits or one or two abilities from legos, and the class is "missing something" until you've hit that. For balance it was the ring in Legion (which was a 20% increase if you got it early on). Has been like that since Wrath. For Wrath you needed a certain level of crit, for Cata it was mastery, for Mists it was a maxed cloak and haste, WOD was haste and mastery and ring. Pretty annoying not feeling "complete" until the last raid comes out in an expac. Spell rotation feeling "choppy" up to that point.