World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Why would that matter? It's beta, all that gear is going to get wiped.
True but at least for me I would get an general idea how my class would do in m+ dungeons. Especially with azerite traits ect. I can't do that with greens and even some blues.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting my UI setup this weekend. Just going to run the monk and warlock.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished demo lock in about 5 tries. 3 were due to my cat wanting to be in my lap and pulling my mouse cord. 2 were due to some weird aggro on my pet that resulted in Sigyrn running out of the room as she stunned my pet back.

Of course that makes me want to do my fucking shaman.

The sigryn challenge is annoying because it can bug out pretty frequently like the runes you have to run over not being visible and two mutually exclusive mechanics hitting at the same time. A bunch of my deaths were valks and purple runes at the same time. You can run around and get rooms and get murdered by valks or you can survive the valks and get murdered by a rune.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Forum guild is horde yea? Just started an ally pally about a month and a half ago and boosted it. Decided to try prot. Mage tower was rough at 930 - getting through p1 with 1 infernal seemed to be the ticket. My main issue with prot is that our main defensive requires the target to be in melee range. So if you exhaust the other 3 relatively long cds and kruul isn’t in melee range for that annihilate, gg. Fun to have a challenge again. Looking forward to hitting bfa at the start. I haven’t really played any raid content since Seige of Org, so tryna get the dust off.
Prot Paladin was my second challenge and first tank. I did unholy DK first which was a goddamn joke with Prydaz. I think I was like 905 on dk. Prot Paladin I was 930ish and struggled. Then it just clicked and happened. You’re right though, you can get fucked easily. It really pissed me off that I came in a week later at 920 on DK and did Blood in less than 15 attempts. Most of those were wipes to Velen dying from aggro until I just decided to pay better attention.

Vengeance DH is supposedly easiest but i found it a little harder than DK. Most likely due to my relative lack of familiarity with the class. Neither touched how ass-raped I felt on the prot Paladin.

Hell, I sorta struggled on sigyrn with Ret. No idea why. It’s stupid fucking easy. Took me a few hours when others were done in a few attempts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Prot Paladin was my second challenge and first tank. I did unholy DK first which was a goddamn joke with Prydaz. I think I was like 905 on dk. Prot Paladin I was 930ish and struggled. Then it just clicked and happened. You’re right though, you can get fucked easily. It really pissed me off that I came in a week later at 920 on DK and did Blood in less than 15 attempts. Most of those were wipes to Velen dying from aggro until I just decided to pay better attention.

Vengeance DH is supposedly easiest but i found it a little harder than DK. Most likely due to my relative lack of familiarity with the class. Neither touched how ass-raped I felt on the prot Paladin.

Hell, I sorta struggled on sigyrn with Ret. No idea why. It’s stupid fucking easy. Took me a few hours when others were done in a few attempts.
I had the opposite experience with the tank challenges. Blood took me 100 tries before I got it. Granted it was my first and I was 912 but Jesus did I struggle lol. I think if I had to order them from hardest to easiest it’d be blood, brewmaster, paladin, warrior then vengeance and Druid tied. They both where a joke.

Personally I loved the tank challenges the most. You either sucked and messed up or you won and you couldn’t really blame anything else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Welp BM hunter mage tower done in like 5 or 6 attempts, ilvl 913. not bad. Once P1 is done and you have the lego legs/neck, you can just stand there and DPS.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
So I solo almost exclusively because I'm bad and don't want to inflict that pain on others, but I'm going to try the mage tower finally on my outlaw rogue at ilvl 937. What buffs can I use that won't be stripped or can't be case once inside?:

Lightforged Augment Rune
Repurposed Fel Focuser
The local island statue buffs
Mother's Milk (Highmountain Ettin area, heal every 30 seconds)
50% hp buff from wretches in Suramar
Lightblood Elixir (says it only works outdoors)
Rogue class hall potions (crit buff, explosive mine, vanish powder)
Will Bribe work on the imps?
Anything else I should use?

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Honestly for outlaw you just need flask food buff (preferably Falcosaur omelet ) slyvan elixir (use it once you go in and stay as a tree for 10 seconds for a 10% stat buff) and drums. Fight should be easy just kill umbral when they’re up

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I signed up to join the this expansion; GOing to actually play this time
Signed up as Paladin, but I am split on Paladin, Lock, Hunter

So you guys just let me know which to transfer over.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
All this talk about the tower is making me feel guilty about not bothering with it. :(

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I probably won't use the majority of these, and the ones I really cared about I already have, but I figured it'd be a fun goal to give myself to try and collect them all (and I just hate the idea of stuff not being available anymore). It's also given me a chance to sort of try out some other classes I never touched during the expac and see if anything interests me for BfA.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I have the prot warrior skin, and that's all I cared about anyway. The shield is badass.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The prot pally one is cool too for the flail but my little pally only 919 with one lego and I hear its one of the harder ones? The prot warrior one is indeed badass

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The prot pally one is cool too for the flail but my little pally only 919 with one lego and I hear its one of the harder ones? The prot warrior one is indeed badass

Prot pally I had a bit of a ride with at around 920ish. I did have the shield pants, though, which helps quite a bit. Biggest thing is just rotating your CDs properly in P2 for annihilates.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp BM hunter mage tower done in like 5 or 6 attempts, ilvl 913. not bad. Once P1 is done and you have the lego legs/neck, you can just stand there and DPS.

Question I tried this a few times and I was having a bitch of a time getting the pet to hold agro on the boss. Do you just misdirect on CD or is there some other trick for keeping the big guy on the pet.