World of Warcraft: Current Year

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Anyone up to date on how the ranged classes are stacking up in m+ for BFA? Plan to resub next week to get the water walking mount and will probably do some character transfers to a server I want. So I'd like some idea of how things are looking.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't decide between Demon Hunter or Durrid for BFA. I'm worried that Demon Hunter will end up getting needed and with one spec it will be 100% useless.

Durrid I didn't like balance in Legion and it looks exactly the same but enjoyed bear and feral. Never played healer so not sure how it would shake out. I am sure balance will still be valuable at a minimum though so Druid is the safe choice.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BoozeCube BoozeCube , I think if the game had a graphical update like that - it would breathe new life into the game for me. The areas were recognizable but fresh looking. First I have seen any unreal conversions like that.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Don't remember the name but there is a free addon that does the same shit. I switched to it when they nerfed Firehawk launcher and couldn't update my bootleg Zygor.

There are a bunch. I may try to use Carbonite again (it has always been my favourite) instead of bothering updating Zygor from some torrent site all the time, because that's annoying.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sigryn as a whole is the easiest tower challenge by far. Assassination rogue can cheese it completely with Leeching Poison, Ret is just Ret, etc. It's just the simplest one in terms of what needs to be done to win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sigryn as a whole is the easiest tower challenge by far. Assassination rogue can cheese it completely with Leeching Poison, Ret is just Ret, etc. It's just the simplest one in terms of what needs to be done to win.
Finished demo lock in about 5 tries. 3 were due to my cat wanting to be in my lap and pulling my mouse cord. 2 were due to some weird aggro on my pet that resulted in Sigyrn running out of the room as she stunned my pet back.

Of course that makes me want to do my fucking shaman.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finished demo lock in about 5 tries. 3 were due to my cat wanting to be in my lap and pulling my mouse cord. 2 were due to some weird aggro on my pet that resulted in Sigyrn running out of the room as she stunned my pet back.

Of course that makes me want to do my fucking shaman.

Enh shaman is incredibly easy. Took me only a couple tries back when it first came out. Probably piss easy these days. Keep a healing rain down, do mechanics and occasionally slather your face along your dps buttons and you'll pretty much win.

Rime

<Donor>
I would say Agatha is probably the easiest, if only because, when timed right, you can get the Broken Shore buffs, plus use any of the 'Only works in the Broken Shore/Argus' items in it.

Lightblood Elixir adds some ridiculous amounts of damage. Plus, Spiced Falcosaur Omelet and Sylvan Elixir.

But the Command Center is the big one. If you can get the +50% Damage buff to proc or the meteor rain during an add phase, they trivialize it. I managed to push through it with my 904 Outlaw rogue last time the Command Center was up.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I've seen some folks also use the heirloom demon damage trinkets as well for those. I switched to it for my fury warrior and it definitely helped with the DPS.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I fucking suck at this arcane challenge so far. I cannot keep my health up at all. Using the blink chest + shimmer, but I'm just getting face fucked entirely. I'm at 931 ilvl and 50%ish is my best attempt so far. Not really sure how to stop takijng so much damage.

Rime

<Donor>
You can try and get lucky with gearing up more. If not, Tuesday should give another bump to the AP on the artifact weapon. But it is also the last one, as the pre-patch is almost 100% coming out on the 17th.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I just needed to blink more often for that arcane challenge, heh (switching to a leech trinket also helped). Meanwhile, got prot warrior done in 3 attempts (got p2 first attempt and got oopsed by smashes on attempts 1 and 2). I was so confused during the whole fight since I kept trying to press devastate, but it wasn't doing anything 'cause I had devastator as a talent. I'm good at this. But that's the last of my tank challenges, last of my mage challenges and tomorrow I should hopefully knock out at least arms and survival, maybe demo as well (heard it's a lot easier than arcane).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Demo is super easy. Just keep yourself alive and grind to 50% hp. Make that, you win.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who has beta access go to arathi highlands. The new rares there are dropping ilvl 355 gear at a 100% droprate. I got a full set minus rings and trinkets there within an hour. I even got wargorged 360 shield and sword. Many of the rares requires multiple people to kill but with the sheer amount of people there it shouldn't be an issue. Better hurry before it's hotfixed.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Forum guild is horde yea? Just started an ally pally about a month and a half ago and boosted it. Decided to try prot. Mage tower was rough at 930 - getting through p1 with 1 infernal seemed to be the ticket. My main issue with prot is that our main defensive requires the target to be in melee range. So if you exhaust the other 3 relatively long cds and kruul isn’t in melee range for that annihilate, gg. Fun to have a challenge again. Looking forward to hitting bfa at the start. I haven’t really played any raid content since Seige of Org, so tryna get the dust off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone who has beta access go to arathi highlands. The new rares there are dropping ilvl 355 gear at a 100% droprate. I got a full set minus rings and trinkets there within an hour. I even got wargorged 360 shield and sword. Many of the rares requires multiple people to kill but with the sheer amount of people there it shouldn't be an issue. Better hurry before it's hotfixed.

Why would that matter? It's beta, all that gear is going to get wiped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user