World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it's anything like WoD or Legion, there's nothing "soon" about flying there. You probably won't be able to complete the achievement until about a year from now when the third major patch rolls out.

They will do their best to drag it out because Ion is butthurt about flying for some reason. Being able to skip trash mobs hurts their feelings, so everyone just trains mobs around like an asshole on the ground instead (see: Argus).

Yup pretty much this. Don't expect flying until near the end of the expansion they won't let the final unlock happen until basically all the major overland stuff is already done.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watched a video that the zones are yuge. Zuldazar took Preacher 9 hours to complete all the quest chains to open up the new hub.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What's the real benefit of hitting 800 skill levels on alts or is there really? I might burst up a couple of trade skills on some alts.. the mains are all 800 already but if its going to be a pain in the ass later might as well do some now. Also what do you guys recommend to get extra of for daily crafting shit? I was thinking of glyphs for the darkmoon shit at the start of the Xpac but I dont know.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Edit: Fixed it. I guess somehow it put me on a Starter WoW account and those servers just so happen to not be available to starter accounts?

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What's the real benefit of hitting 800 skill levels on alts or is there really? I might burst up a couple of trade skills on some alts.. the mains are all 800 already but if its going to be a pain in the ass later might as well do some now. Also what do you guys recommend to get extra of for daily crafting shit? I was thinking of glyphs for the darkmoon shit at the start of the Xpac but I dont know.

All I know is that as a newly created Demon Hunter that picked up Jewelcrafting and Mining within a few hours of starting out that I have had 0 problems whatsoever doing Legion jewelcrafting. The quests were actually pretty fun too. I can craft the Legion epic gems and I can craft an epic Crown and some toys. I don't think I'm missing much tbo. my JC is now about 115.

It's helped me make my decision about my 110 boost on whether I want to go with a level 3 garrison or 800 tradeskills and I will definitely go for garrison as a result of the profession changes (which are really good changes btw).

Btw do Gathering professions still give a skill? Like Mining gave I think 5% hp at max. Is that still in?

Yeah, for TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP the model worked fine, level on the ground, hit max level and you can fly. The max level shit was designed around flying, it worked great and everyone was happy. It wasn't until WoD when the new team took over and they decided flying was this huge problem they had to get rid of.

Originally during WoD they announced that they were removing flying from the game for that and all future expansions. Lots of backlash and cancelled subs followed so they backtracked and said "fine, you can fly but you have to grind all these reps and quests for Pathfinder now, also fuck you".

Wow what a bunch of fucking idiots. I'm assuming that team didn't make Legion either than? Because the cycle of development is like 2 years out. If that's the case and there is almost an entirely new development team that worked on BFA than the ones that worked on Legion I am really anxious. Because Legion was a GOD TIER expansion and I want more of it.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I actually prefer the pathfinder model. I just wish they wouldn't time gate it for so goddamn long. Legion wasn't bad though, the flight whistle is nice. WoD was a fucking nightmare. Not only did they plan on removing flying but they made the world as hard to get around as possible. They literally created fake roads and paths up hills and mountains that were dead ends and couldn't be moved past without going back down and around to find the "right path".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
All I know is that as a newly created Demon Hunter that picked up Jewelcrafting and Mining within a few hours of starting out that I have had 0 problems whatsoever doing Legion jewelcrafting. The quests were actually pretty fun too. I can craft the Legion epic gems and I can craft an epic Crown and some toys. I don't think I'm missing much tbo. my JC is now about 115.

It's helped me make my decision about my 110 boost on whether I want to go with a level 3 garrison or 800 tradeskills and I will definitely go for garrison as a result of the profession changes (which are really good changes btw).

Btw do Gathering professions still give a skill? Like Mining gave I think 5% hp at max. Is that still in?

Wow what a bunch of fucking idiots. I'm assuming that team didn't make Legion either than? Because the cycle of development is like 2 years out. If that's the case and there is almost an entirely new development team that worked on BFA than the ones that worked on Legion I am really anxious. Because Legion was a GOD TIER expansion and I want more of it.

Gathering is being cordoned off per expansion. Such that to get Northrend skills you have to go do those recipes. At 800 I believe the benefit is that it maxes out all of the other areas of crafting before it now.

But BFA picking it up will be easy just like in Legion. I am changing my professions on my main and alt for BFA.

No flight is fine. Really. As long as the zones are designed well. Like they were in Legion. WoD was dogshit. I almost have flight on my account too. Thank god. Grinding Armies of Legionfall is annoying.

Khane

On professions

The biggest thing you might not have to worry about, Hazzikostas said, may be professions. The profession system is changing dramatically for BfA, with each expansion having its own, separate skill level tier.

"It’s dividing up expansion crafting," he said. "If you are 800 skill in a profession, you’ll be 100 skill in each expansion's crafting. If you are 650 skill, you’ll be 100 in [the first few expansions], 50 out of 100 for Warlords of Draenor, and no Legion, because that’s where you were in those terms."

That means that if all you care about is crafting the new Battle for Azeroth items, you're done. If you want to swap professions, now is definitely the time. Don't worry about anything until the expansion launches; even gatherers of herbs and minerals will see no down side to being level 1 in their chosen professions.

"If that’s all you care about, there will be no down side to the fact that you were only 200 or 300 or 500 skill or whatever coming in," he said. "Everyone is equal."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Morrow it's cool that you are enthuses about Legion since you just picked it up. But goddamn do I feel like you have zero clue what you are talking about. From the community ramble to how Discord is to complicated for you and communities blow shit. TJT pointed out what I was referring to. You can hop into BfA with level 0 skills and have no problem with the current content of shit. I am trying to see if how important 800 is for alts and shit. Probably not that important since you hardly craft old shit but in some cases it might be unexpectedly helpful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Basically if you have 800 skill it just means when BFA starts you will have all the previous expansions crafting maxed out. The only real difference is if you are not maxed. Say you are at skill 500 you would get vanilla/tbc/lich king and maybe cata completed.

Khane

It should. The pre-patch is usually the new expansion minus the zones/new races

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Welp, good thing I'm maxed on the main. Don't care about the alts. Too many alts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of communities or lack there of. I am going to do my damnedest to get all 36 of these stupid fucking towers done, meaning I have 3 characters I am grinding the shit out of. I'll be in our wow discord for the next few hours if anyone wants to bullshit. Or feels generous and wants to chain carry me through some dungeons.

I'll be around. Getting just my monk tower done this weekend and the Field Medic title now that I know it will no longer be available.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Field Medic is such a pain in the ass. I guess I kinda want to get it done, though, so I'll be on.

That and I guess I'd better hurry up and stop sucking long enough to get the Paladin tank challenge done, because the skin looks cool.

Khane

I'm curious to see what the threat changes do to the mythic+ scene. For the longest time tanking has been the easiest job in WoW so it should be interesting to see what this does.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm curious to see what the threat changes do to the mythic+ scene. For the longest time tanking has been the easiest job in WoW so it should be interesting to see what this does.

I heard it was done because Blizzard wasn't happy with Tanks kiting shit in higher M+, yet with BfA the tanks are weaker and it has led to more kiting, you can see some of the beta testers and shit like Sco doing it. WOMP WOMP fucking retarded faggots. Threat doesn't seem to be a big issue even with the changes apparently.