World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Meh. I'm not interested in building a friends list like some kind of social collector. FoH has enough bros in it for me, and if they all stop playing, I'm probably done anyway, and I go back to scrounging for transmogs and mounts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Speaking of communities or lack there of. I am going to do my damnedest to get all 36 of these stupid fucking towers done, meaning I have 3 characters I am grinding the shit out of. I'll be in our wow discord for the next few hours if anyone wants to bullshit. Or feels generous and wants to chain carry me through some dungeons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ok so I have no idea how to play prot warrior. This is the last challenge I have besides healers and I just get wrecked. Do I just spam ignore pain?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You seem to have a weird idea of what discord is then. Maybe you are too old.

Haha yeah, well I dunno, I used it plenty for a couple months in another game I played and I just couldn't take it. Either I muted Discord sounds and never used it, or I kept the sounds on and got spammed with messages. That or I just logged on once every few days to check guild announcements. I hated logging on after a day and having a million messages - I always felt like I had to scroll through and read everything. That's an issue of moderation and self control, but to me it was either: read everything or ignore everything. One was too intense and the other was useless.[/QUOTE]

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ok so I have no idea how to play prot warrior. This is the last challenge I have besides healers and I just get wrecked. Do I just spam ignore pain?

It's been a while since I did Prot since it was one I did when they came out. Unlike the other tank ones you wanna blow everything in phase 1. So I would unload all your dps cooldowns right from the start with lust. You don't have the ranged interrupts and shit the other classes have so don't be afraid to waste the health orbs to interrupt if you need. Yes you wanna use ignore pain as much as you can and spell reflect when you can. Keep in mind this is a minor damage reduction to spells now. If you have the Warrior bracers the healing helps a good bit. Also the Tier 2 piece helps to burst that cunt down.

Phase 2 is a joke since you can spell reflect the twisted reflection allowing you to heal nonstop from dpsing Kruul.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Oh, dont know why I thought FoH was on MG.

Pretty sure they learned their lesson with WoD, and henceforth flying will be acquired midway through the xpac with achievements.

I liked it best the way it was in the beginning. if I recall correctly in TBC you got flying at 67. It was only like 70%, but it was still flying and thus faster than ground speed at 100%. And then at 70 you got the full flying if you had the cash. Right now this Achievement is ridiculous. I haven't gotten it yet, but it seems to be that by the time you get it, you don't even need it anymore. It seems to be good for gathering and that's about it. Even if you're a completionist, because of the nature of the Achievement, flying isn't even good for that because you'll have pretty much gotten everything by the time you get flying.

I really really love Legion and I love the game right now, but there are so many damn ridges/mountains etc, particularly in Argus, that not having flying really sucks donkey balls. At least as a DH I have double jump and glide, which has gotten me out of being stuck at least a dozen times.

Looking forward to having flying much sooner again in BFA.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you have the prot gloves they really help with damage and use bracers as well. Like Booze said if you have 2p T21, that helps the fight go faster. I think if I recall I made sure to talent Renewed Fury and AM as well. I also just had DPS trinkets equipped and burned down Phase 1 real fast and just used the orbs whenever for Phase 2.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The only people I ever hear complain about how there is a lack of "community" or "reputation" in WoW today are the same people who refuse to participate in the available communities and never build a friends list.

I've built a friends list and I have found a pretty cool guild for my needs (casual, big). The reality is the kind of community I'm talking about is dead and is never coming back. It's just the way things are now. Still gotta pine for the glory days and moan about it from time to time though haha.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dead and never coming back? Just go play a dead game. What you want has nothing to do with style or type of game. You'll probably know everyone on your block when there's only 5 people who live there.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Looking forward to having flying much sooner again in BFA.

If it's anything like WoD or Legion, there's nothing "soon" about flying there. You probably won't be able to complete the achievement until about a year from now when the third major patch rolls out.

They will do their best to drag it out because Ion is butthurt about flying for some reason. Being able to skip trash mobs hurts their feelings, so everyone just trains mobs around like an asshole on the ground instead (see: Argus).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If it's anything like WoD or Legion, there's nothing "soon" about flying there. You probably won't be able to complete the achievement until about a year from now when the third major patch rolls out.

They will do their best to drag it out because Ion is butthurt about flying for some reason. Being able to skip trash mobs hurts their feelings, so everyone just trains mobs around like an asshole on the ground instead (see: Argus).

Man the TBC / WOTLK approach is by far the best. Can't remember how Cata and MoP did it? But the idea is you are forced to be on the ground for the majority of your initial leveling/questing, but once you get toward the end, you get to fly, but at a slow speed until you are maxed and have a lot of money. They even talked about this in the past and talked about why it was a good system. Wtf man.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

If you can cut down 1-2 minutes per quest then how are they gonna drag out content like the trash faggots they are?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Man the TBC / WOTLK approach is by far the best. Can't remember how Cata and MoP did it? But the idea is you are forced to be on the ground for the majority of your initial leveling/questing, but once you get toward the end, you get to fly, but at a slow speed until you are maxed and have a lot of money. They even talked about this in the past and talked about why it was a good system. Wtf man.

Yeah, for TBC/WotLK/Cata/MoP the model worked fine, level on the ground, hit max level and you can fly. The max level shit was designed around flying, it worked great and everyone was happy. It wasn't until WoD when the new team took over and they decided flying was this huge problem they had to get rid of.

Originally during WoD they announced that they were removing flying from the game for that and all future expansions. Lots of backlash and cancelled subs followed so they backtracked and said "fine, you can fly but you have to grind all these reps and quests for Pathfinder now, also fuck you".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't mind flying being something that shows up later but I wish the terrain was more forgiving. When I'm trying to get from point A to point B and I've got the land itself is my opponent it really takes away from my enjoyment of the game . Hills/inclines you can't make it up, tunnels/paths that aren't on the map, and being just generally confused about how I'm supposed to get somewhere is all 100% negative gameplay for me.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ok so I have been plowing these mage towers on my alts just like most of you guys, but do we also have to complete a M+ 15 before patch? I was reading some blizzard tweets and it sounded like this was a requirement to unlock balance of power after the patch.. I am confused at the moment.. I just wanna get as much removed shit complete as I can before they take it out like cunts.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I have been plowing these mage towers on my alts just like most of you guys, but do we also have to complete a M+ 15 before patch? I was reading some blizzard tweets and it sounded like this was a requirement to unlock balance of power after the patch.. I am confused at the moment.. I just wanna get as much removed shit complete as I can before they take it out like cunts.

That one they've said will still be available into the next expac. Only thing appearance-wise getting taken away is the base Mage Tower appearance IIRC

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Here is the best list I could find about everything. I am sure most of you already know this shit or have done everything pre-patch but here you go.

Pre-Patch changes / going away / things to do:
  • Ahead of the Curve: Argus and Cutting Edge: Argus from Antorus, the Burning Throne
  • Warcraft Logs and Mythic+ Season on Raider.IO will come to a close for Legion. If you want to get that raid parse, or that high M+ score, now's your last week!
  • First Aid (being rolled into tailoring), Field Medic (gives the title 'Field Medic') - essentially you need to get First Aid Legion quest drops from mobs in each zone, there are 16 in total, average of ~3 in each Broken Isles zone pre-7.2. You can use the Wowhead comments for the best locations to farm mobs. This takes some time and some farming, you can join groups in the premade group finder (First Aid - XXX Zone). The difficulty comes in the RNG of what drops, because you can have a chance to get the same First Aid quest item drop for you. Good luck! It's a decent grind.
  • Other First Aid achievements - You will basically lose Heroic Skills to Pay the Bills, First Aid to 800, Ultimate Triage, Make 500 Frostweave Bandages and Make 500 Dense Embersilk Bandages - Ultimate Triage is easy enough since you can get a Warlock to do it, or follow the Wowhead comments to find the exact jump#comments:id=2335854) to get low enough or duel someone to get you low HP, and just get the old specific bandage to heal back up. 500 Frostweave and 500 Embersilk is basically a profession dump. Frostweave is easier to get, a couple transmog runs of Naxx got me more than enough. Embersilk is harder, but Bastion of Twilight clear first trash room, reset, got me ~50 silk on my Tailor per pass, 500 till I hit the 10 instance cap. I don't recommend buying them unless you prefer taking a high rate on these old cloths, on some servers these are actually more expensive than Legion's Shal'dorei Silk!
  • Achievements Needy and Greedy (With the old group loot system, roll Need/Greed on a Rare quality item with an ilvl of 185 and get a 100) - according to this post, these will be removed in BfA and made Feats of Strengths because group loot and master loot is being completely removed. Easy enough to do, but took me a few hours - go for a transmog run. You can create a raid group solo, enter an old raid, and change the loot system to Group Loot. Now all the loot you get, you can roll on it. Roll for as much 'Need' loot first, since you can Greed everything but you can only Need a few items you can actually equip. Took me 5+ raids and went on a World Tour. You can use dungeons too.
  • Prestige level achievements - Prestige is being reworked into account-wide honour in BfA. The level achievements become Feats of Strengths, BUT the rewards from Legion will be redistributed and put back into new Honour levels in BfA. Here's the 'farm guide' if you wish.
  • Other achievements... - basically get Epic Legion gear, get your Artifact Power achieves, NLC etc. Usually quick and easy and near trivial.
  • Mage Tower - this will be the last week to get your challenge appearances. There are plenty of guides on Wowheadfor gearing up and your specific challenge, along with your class discords and across the web, including this subreddit. E.g. How Not to Panic, List of Gearing and Items for Mage Tower, Stickied 36/36 Mage Tower guide and an older Mage Tower 36/36 spreadsheet with the Redditor's update.
  • Brawler's Guild will temporarily go away - the achievements, well most will return in BfA, and you'll get a chance to earn them back. It's pretty easy since it was tuned to around Nighthold gear, 900s. Check the wowhead guide linked. You can also earn shirts from the Brawler's guild if you do the Random Brawl. The only thing worth noting is completing the 'Rumble' achievement (do a group Rumble - use a Rumble card which then grabs everyone in the Brawler's Guild to fight against the boss) is that there is one Rumble Brawl that is bugged and overtuned - Stranglethorn Streak. Really difficult to solo, usually wants WW/BRMs with Black Ox Statue and a few Hunters, you can look up the strategies and comments I made here.
  • Proving Grounds will temporarily go away, the achievements and the titles and the 'tags' in the Group Finder should return in BfA.
  • The infamous Karazhan trash leveling from 72 to 80 has been patched out with the pre-patch
  • Strand of the Ancients battleground, with its achievements are being retired. We don't know whether this BG will come back.
  • Ashran, the rep grind that gives you a title, and its achievements will be going away. Blizzard plans on bringing a 'large scale PvP matchmaking queue' to roll Ashran, Alterac Valley etc.
  • 'The Chosen' (Trial of Valor Mythic achievement and 'The Chosen' title - kill all ToV bosses in one lockout without dying) - Much easier with 930+ gear, though you have to be careful on Helya. 'The Chosen' also gives a transmog box called Testament of the Valorous which gives ALL Mythic ToV set, including the exclusive Shoulder and Head pieces that only come from the box. Because of recent changes, this has become BoP, so you need to get the achievement on four armour classes, to get the Mythic transmog, for all four. Here's a video guide. For groups and people to find, check this subreddit for posts, check the Achievement discord or check the Premade Group Finder in game.
  • Your artifact will no longer be empowered, and will burn out - equip highest ilvl relics - your traits will no longer work which means get a higher ilvl relic OVER better traits on your relic since that will give you more stats on your weapon. You can still get and equip relics in the pre-patch but they are essentially just ilvl boosts at this point.
  • Master Loot and Group Loot are being removed completely, and the game will now be on Personal Loot everywhere in the game.
  • Legion PvP season 7 is ending - mount, titles, Elite PvP sets - these will all go away when the season ends, so get them while you can!
  • Legion pet charms will no longer buy leveling stones and other utilities - it will get only Legion exclusive stuff, while the BfA pet charms will work for every Pet Shop item, including leveling stones.
  • Legion gold missions will be nerfed significantly in pre-patch from ~2500 gold total to ~250 gold total.
  • Dump Legion matts, do economy stuff, buy WoW Token - Matts will lose their value, demand and player activity will go up, WoW tokens and gold value will go up.
  • Make a copy of your addons and UI and clean reinstall - Your WoW might be taking more space than usual, take some time to reinstall if you have the time. For the addons, make sure you save ALL your addon settings going into 8.0 (manually - just save your WTF folder and Interface folder somewhere else in your WoW installation folder). With 8.0. a lot of addons may start breaking. As a precaution do save your settings beforehand, even screenshotting your UI in case things go haywire. Addon makers will attempt to update their addons as soon as possible but save yourself hassle by backing up your settings. NOTE you can also go up on the 8.0 PTR available now to check how your addons and UI function. As a tip you can download it pretty quickly by following this guide that still works even now.

What is coming WITH the Pre-Patch
Blizzard's Survival Guide:
8.0 lands July 17th: The Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch Goes Live July 17th! - WoW

Wowhead 8.0 Preview: Patch 8.0 Feature Preview

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Tips for holy paladin Mage Tower? I haven't done any of the challenges yet, so don't know what to expect difficulty wise. I'm 902 ilvl and my only lego is the ring from Argus.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone found any less known, but better, guides on getting all professions to 800 than the crap they have on wowhead?
if it's this week, do the cheapest legion recipe as long as it's orange, then grind reps to exalted as fast as you can (that is, not fast enough) to get as many rank 3 recipes you can so they're still green until 800. Done.

If it's next week, every expansion is its own skill level, and you grind every expansion separately.