World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, we're all so used to tanking skittish m+ that it wouldn't be. What did they think was going to happen when they trained us all to worry about threat again?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man. The prot warrior challenge is making me feel like such a bad player. It's funny because I have all the other tanks done and the most attempts I had to put into any of them was like 15 on the BrM. I had no idea how to play BrM at all and the first few attempts were just comically bad. I've got like 40 attempts in on the warrior at 936 ilvl.

I think I just hate the playstyle and refuse to adapt. Like P1 is not the issue at all for me even though booze said P2 should be a cakewalk. I just sit in the void zone til like 11 stacks rotating cooldowns then leap to an orb before he gets a cast off, wait til it drops then run back in because of how ignore pain works. I think max I ever did on any other tank was 6 on BDK because of AMS and leech. I don't even blow drums or pots. But in P2 I get my shit pushed in even when I reflect Twisted Reflections. I think my best attempt is 11%. Fuckin A. This with prydaz and sephuz because I have no prot legendaries but I really don't think that is the deciding factor.

This is the only non healer appearance I haven't completed.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You will get it I am sure..

I know I am running out of time. Leveled to 110 on the monk and went ahead and boosted my rogue from 90 to 100 felt like a waste of a boost but fuck WoD and I had 2 to piss away. Whats the best spec to level a rogue in.

Also giving the time limit I think I am just going to use my 110 boost on a Shaman, it feels like a waste to toss it on my 90 shaman so I was thinking of doing an Alliance one just because. Or does someone have a better solution for me?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It should. The pre-patch is usually the new expansion minus the zones/new races

Yup basically it is all of the changes minus you can't get to the BfA zones yet. Technically they already gave us four of the allied races for it a bit early. At least unlocking the next two seems straight forward basically just do the war campaign and get the rep needed which doing the campaign basically gets you.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You will get it I am sure..

I know I am running out of time. Leveled to 110 on the monk and went ahead and boosted my rogue from 90 to 100 felt like a waste of a boost but fuck WoD and I had 2 to piss away. Whats the best spec to level a rogue in.

Also giving the time limit I think I am just going to use my 110 boost on a Shaman, it feels like a waste to toss it on my 90 shaman so I was thinking of doing an Alliance one just because. Or does someone have a better solution for me?

hehe same working on my outlaw rogue he was just so under geared I figure if I can get to 900 ilevel this weekend I can at least take some shots at agatha and given how cheesable that one is we shall see.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I heard it was done because Blizzard wasn't happy with Tanks kiting shit in higher M+, yet with BfA the tanks are weaker and it has led to more kiting, you can see some of the beta testers and shit like Sco doing it. WOMP WOMP fucking retarded faggots. Threat doesn't seem to be a big issue even with the changes apparently.

Yup it takes a bit more team work but frost mages are going to have a job for sure in mythic groups early on just freezing rain like crazy to throw down giant snare fields. If everything is snared then losing some agro now and then is not a big deal.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I could use some playstyle tips for mistweaver and holy pally as well. Never played these two other than slogging through LFR on them. MW seems like its going to be terrible mana wise for this challenge but I might just not be using the right heals. Holy paladin just seems like the heals are kind of weakish and not really much AE other than Light of Dawn. I guess Beacons make up for it? Will start trying the challenges later tonight. Hopefully have enough juice to finish it off.

Khane

Well I guess I just needed to get some sleep, beat the prot warr challenge on the third attempt today fairly easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So I mentioned trying to get a group for the Chosen. I am going to see about this weekend maybe Friday Night or Saturday, depending on the interest maybe we can run it twice.

I would limit it to main geared characters at least 960+ who know the fights at least on a heroic level. I would expect people to stay for all three bosses even if you fuck up and die. If you guys would let me know who is available it would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is someone who is comfortable leading a group of our guys it would also be greatly appreciated.

Looks like we're gonna try to bang this out tomorrow.

Helya is a huge joke at 960+ in terms of dps required, but the mechanics are still important enough. Need dispels, also. We have tanks covered if Booze and I are both there, but either one of us can do other things if there are too many tanks in the mix.

Here's a video showing how much of a joke it is with the dps we'll likely have. ~40 sec to get to phase 2. lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could use some playstyle tips for mistweaver and holy pally as well. Never played these two other than slogging through LFR on them. MW seems like its going to be terrible mana wise for this challenge but I might just not be using the right heals. Holy paladin just seems like the heals are kind of weakish and not really much AE other than Light of Dawn. I guess Beacons make up for it? Will start trying the challenges later tonight. Hopefully have enough juice to finish it off.

Pally is extremely crit dependent, moreso than ilevel. In phase 4 place the two beacons on your allies so you only have to watch one. Pop wings first 3 adds, if you can’t get the third, use LOH. Lust and use the haste CD talent on second 3 adds. At worst, aim for 3-2-2-1. That is just 2 adds, which will be easy.

MW do eat up mana, but I didn’t notice a mana problem outside of phase one. Just make sure to drink all the time. Phase 4 is easy on MW. Slam water after phase 4, you drop combat long enough to start drinking even if you don’t have any adds to kill.

Edit: Also, make sure you are using paralyze on as many mana arrow skills in phase 1 as possible. That will really lower the required healing and save your mana.

Last edited:

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Knocked out brawlers guild this morning and it only took about 30 minutes with other people doing it as well.

I wish I had a rogue leveled/geared to do mage tower stuff as that is the only other class I'd see myself playing in Bfa that I'd want the skins for xmog. But it seems to late to even boost and attempt to gear one up enough to be able to do them.

If you can make sure dispels happen and people avoid the cutter lines that come out the fight is way easy.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Helya is a huge joke at 960+ in terms of dps required, but the mechanics are still important enough. Need dispels, also. We have tanks covered if Booze and I are both there, but either one of us can do other things if there are too many tanks in the mix.

Here's a video showing how much of a joke it is with the dps we'll likely have. ~40 sec to get to phase 2. lol.

Carry me senpai.

Khane

Knocked out brawlers guild this morning and it only took about 30 minutes with other people doing it as well.

I wish I had a rogue leveled/geared to do mage tower stuff as that is the only other class I'd see myself playing in Bfa that I'd want the skins for xmog. But it seems to late to even boost and attempt to gear one up enough to be able to do them.

If you can make sure dispels happen and people avoid the cutter lines that come out the fight is way easy.

Assassin and Subtlety appearances are pretty underwhelming anyway. Outlaw is pretty unique though and you can probably do that challenge at like 890 with full consumables + lightblood elixir + sylvan elixir. Command Center might be up again before Tuesday as well.

Khane

I would suggest having everyone do a "test run" on their alts/slightly lesser geared characters first. The dps of the group will likely not be as high as that video and there is a chance you will get two sets of orbs in phase 1. Those orbs will ruin people's day and wipe the entire raid still and it's not something that people usually do correctly the first time they see them.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>

So even my priest isn’t 960 lol she’s 950ish but I can heal. Hopefully that’s close enough. I’d also love to get the girlfriends rogue in on it but she’s only like 940.... anyways I’ll be on tomorrow night hopefully I’m close enough!

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am going to be going hard over the weekend and through Monday trying to gear these last characters to get mage towers done and some other shit.. If anyone is willing able or bored enough to run me through some instances to level or run some M+ with me I would much appreciate it. I am running a few with Alk, Midori and Spooky now but we have room for another.. or I need some people to chill with over the weekend.

Add me

Boozecube#1634

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Having done chosen the last two weeks we restricted people to 950 but we're 90% 970+ and it was quick. The cutter beam will insta gib people so that mechanic needs to be really hammered out

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Morrow it's cool that you are enthuses about Legion since you just picked it up. But goddamn do I feel like you have zero clue what you are talking about. From the community ramble to how Discord is to complicated for you and communities blow shit. TJT pointed out what I was referring to. You can hop into BfA with level 0 skills and have no problem with the current content of shit. I am trying to see if how important 800 is for alts and shit. Probably not that important since you hardly craft old shit but in some cases it might be unexpectedly helpful.

Of course I have no clue what I'm talking about - I said it in the post. I have exactly 2 weeks of Legion experience. I also don't know who the veterans are here so it's harder to read between the lines, my bad lol.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think we're going to shoot for a Chosen Run tomorrow Saturday the 14th around 8-9pm we would prefer to as much help as possible from people on the forums to help out the FoH guys who still need it. This is the last chance to get it so if it works out or not doesn't really matter there is zero reason not to try it.