World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So does the revamped leveling experience only arrive with the release of BoA? Re-subbed, made a new hunter, and to be honest the leveling process is complete ass, at least sub-20 so far. Last couple times I've played has been with a boosted character, so I haven't went from 1-Max in years... have they streamlined it all? Or will I be going through each expansion area?

What you see now is what you get.

You can ignore entire expansions if you want to with the new system, because scaling means you don't really have to go to some places since everything levels with you (to some extent). I don't have the list of what scaling happens where handy but I'm sure it's not hard to find.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
So does the revamped leveling experience only arrive with the release of BoA? Re-subbed, made a new hunter, and to be honest the leveling process is complete ass, at least sub-20 so far. Last couple times I've played has been with a boosted character, so I haven't went from 1-Max in years... have they streamlined it all? Or will I be going through each expansion area?

The ass is the revamped leveling experience.
  • Starting Zones: 0-10
  • Classic Zones: 10-60
  • The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King Zones: 60-80
  • Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria Zones: 80-90
Every zone in classic will scale up to 60. You can stay in TBC until 80 and you can skip cata. Dream come true.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, alright. Is there a main story to follow through all the zones that I end up going too? I think there was some quest mod that suggested the optimal set of quests to do for lvl ranges?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizz should spend a year making a main quest for 1-XXX that makes sense with the current xpac(s).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every zone in classic will scale up to 60. You can stay in TBC until 80 and you can skip cata. Dream come true.

I prefer the Cata zones to the MoP zones for leveling. Uldum is one of the coolest zones with the best storylines Blizzard has ever put into the game. However, MoP is MUCH faster because of all the treasures you can pick up that give full quests worth of exp.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So many of my characters are Blood elves because. Rest in Pepperonis the old king of racials.

3FWeST9.jpg

• 1Like

Zhro

According to someone in warroir disc, since items levels are lower now , you can socket your belts with a socket.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Everyone getting 1000 essences and a key is an apology for them fucking up the actual rewards people would normally get for their M+ completion:

The changes we're making to the Mythic+ system for Battle for Azeroth will prevent you from receiving your normal Mythic Cache this week. As this was unintentional, your cache will include 1000 Wakening Essence and a Keystone instead of your normal rewards.

If you have a problem looting the Mythic Cache, you'll receive the Keystone in the mail and the Wakening Essences will be granted after you log back in.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
According to someone in warroir disc, since items levels are lower now , you can socket your belts with a socket.

Yes I saw this earlier when I logged in for a few. I was looking through old trade skill stuff to see how the menu thing changed. First thing I noticed was that Living Steel Belt Buckle sockets anything up to ilvl 600. While it's available I am going to be using that shit for sure. Still I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard changes it quickly since it's obviously not intentional. I bet there might be other items, like spell threads to leggings and enchants and shit that are mis labeled on ilvl.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Blizz should spend a year making a main quest for 1-XXX that makes sense with the current xpac(s).
That was the best part of The Old Republic. Well, at least for some classes. Some were stupid garbage. Sniper (or whatever it's main class was) was pretty awesome.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Everyone getting 1000 essences and a key is an apology for them fucking up the actual rewards people would normally get for their M+ completion:

I am good with this since I didn't run on pretty much any character. Still there was people spamming the shit out of trade for M+15's for 960+ loot. Which I guess there were plenty of morons buying it.

Zhro

Actually wanted the loot from the cache as I don't have use for the essence, but oh well.

Warrior is pretty fun and I'm enjoying the changes, glad I don't have to wear CoF anymore.

Khane

So is there any actual new content yet? Not seeing the Darkshore scenario and nothing in Arathi