World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ummm... yeah "One launch to rule them all" my ass.

Well technically this is not launch. Launch of BFA is on aug 14th. This is kinda why they do this prepatch stuff get the downtime and pain out of the way now so on launch day there is less problems with this stuff.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Thanks to you guys I improved my Agatha tries a lot. Got her to 50% pretty consistently but then I got overwhelmed again and again. Had a few sub-40% tries too and one around 23% but in the end I said "ah fuck that I'm almost 45 years old, why do I bang my head against this.

And then I ported off the island and logged out. There's gonna be new weapons and stuff, and the rogue is alt #5 or #6 anyway so... meh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn the servers are already up? They are ahead of schedule? When's the last time that happedn? Love the BFA login screen music.

Yeah, I definitely didn't use slice and dice at all and pretty much never used blade flurry. Just mark an imp, run it through, finish it off, next imp, etc. And of course, make sure to never ever MfD Agatha.

Oh man Slice and Dice gives me such nostalgia for some reason. Vanilla Rogues were one of the best class designs in any MMO in my opinion. Certainly not in terms of balance, that's for sure (running around naked with level 1 daggers and killing level 60's). And TBC Rogues were really fun too. Shadowstep changed everything. I had so much fun leveling my Rogue in TBC.

I don't think you'll need to reinstall, just launch directly from the wow.exe instead of using the blizzard app. Or try running the blizzard app as an admin.

That gave me an error as well. I just reinstalled, game was playable within the first 20 minutes of reinstall so was not a big deal. Just wanted to avoid it if possible, didn't realize it would be so fast but I forgot my internet was recently upgraded and I'm installing on to a SSHD.

Excited to get home tonight to play the updated playstyles/specs. Still having a damned hard time deciding on class - dorf ret, human arms, horde survival/bm (survival actually looks interesting), or orc outlaw.... My alliance guys are all on Dalaran, and it's a very good server and has a great pop distribution, plus the alliance story line just looks flat out more interesting. Anxious to see how they all play.

Yeah I'm going to use my 110 boost to get the hell off Bonechewer. Too bad I just started raking in the gold on Bonechewer though. maybe I'll transfer with gold. I wish I never would have listened to whoever told me the "pop was fine there." Finding a guild is so hard. I know you guys said servers don't matter much anymore, but there's like no alliance guilds worth a damn on my cluster. I just can't decide on my class and I wanted to play an allied race too. Want to know what Kul Tiran Human racials are asap. For me it's either Rogue, Shaman or Druid. I'm leveling a Hunter as well. Markmanship is a lot of fun - I love the responsiveness of it and all the sounds it makes. I feel like gunfu. The only classes I never seem to want to level are cloth. Only one I ever did was Mage in WOTLK.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man I just realized I could have gotten all of The Chosen transmogs at once. I forgot that "bug" was a thing with multiple accounts + items that get mailed for achievements.

Basically anything in the game that gives an achievement and mails you a reward will give the achievement and mail the reward to every single wow account you have open with a character logged in when you get it on one character. Regardless of where the other characters are. This has been a thing since MoP and I just forgot about it. Oh well.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd laugh if you gotten the same rewards -- a chest with the leather set, if you were on a druid -- on all 4 accounts. They are different item IDs depending on your class.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I am not going to try spam logging on like you guys , it's patch day so I expect plenty of shit to be fucked. I guess the good news for some isn't that the mounts are still 100% until BFA is live so I might try and see how mythic guldan is now and try and kill it a few times.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd laugh if you gotten the same rewards -- a chest with the leather set, if you were on a druid -- on all 4 accounts. They are different item IDs depending on your class.

My druid would have gotten the achievement if he was logged in, so he would have received the leather mog set. My hunter would have gotten mail. Etc.

It's tied to the achievement itself and every character that is logged in receives whatever achievement you get on any one of your characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
In my brief time online, I went to grab my m+ chest with my main. Opened it and got 1k wakening essence and a +14 key, only to remember that I didn't do a m+ as my main last week.

So, yeah, open the weekly chest as all your 110s. Free lego.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is exactly how it works. My druid would have gotten the achievement if he was logged in, so he would have received the leather mog set. My hunter would have gotten mail. Etc.

It's tied to the achievement itself and every character that is logged in receives whatever achievement you get on any one of your characters.
Ah, yeah, didn't think of that. Nice.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
In my brief time online, I went to grab my m+ chest with my main. Opened it and got 1k wakening essence and a +14 key, only to remember that I didn't do a m+ as my main last week.

So, yeah, open the weekly chest as all your 110s. Free lego.

Fuck yea.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
My druid would have gotten the achievement if he was logged in, so he would have received the leather mog set. My hunter would have gotten mail. Etc.

Why didn't you suggest this shit a month ago. I am disappointed Khane. You could of had all of us golden armor wearing pimping it up.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So shaman or priest? Both are ignored by Blizz so its a tough choice.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So close

WoWScrnShot_071718_142447.jpg