World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Are the gear models unique for the Darkshore quests? Or regurgitated Legion WQ gear.
Variety of stuff. ATT told me that I already had all the appearances I've seen on my priest; the staff weapon was the Communal Stave from WOD salvage hut.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Edit: Apparently created my account through the EU portal when living in London, so even though I'm playing in America now and logging into American servers, I am fucked for 5 hours while they take down EU authentication.
I think that's a setting on the launcher. I remember that because for some reason, whenever I had to reinstall the launcher, it wanted to use US servers and auth, and I had to switch it by hand or it would go all wonky at times.

(my OS is probably set to use enUS as a language rather than enEN)

Malkav

French Madman
Variety of stuff. ATT told me that I already had all the appearances I've seen on my priest; the staff weapon was the Communal Stave from WOD salvage hut.

The armor model is also the WoD Salvage Yard one. Same one each class is wearing during character creation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Out of Frost or UH , I think UH will be the go-to spec in Bfa, at least in the beginning (?). Frost just seems slow, at least to me and I'm not sure if I'd enjoy playing it anymore.

It especially feels weird playing it after playing pre-patch Fury as you just go non-stop. Warrior feels like it's in a good place and both Fury & Arms are enjoyable to play.
I had the same issue and I'm going with UH also. My main issue with Frost is slow rune regeneration due to the low haste since the stat squish. Once we get more haste Frost should feel better.

I was deciding between my warlock or my rogue as an alt. All three of their specs are good and fun to play especially destro and outlaw. Think I will go with my rogue since that was my very first character in vanilla WOW and I haven't played a rogue since WOTLK. Plus shooting someone in their face with a pistol gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wow just started the timelord event to save Chromie. This is cool. I like the challenge.

Also did the Riddler's Mind Worm last night with a buddy. That was kind of fun going across the game world. Will get the Lucid Nightmare next.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, the save Chromie thing is pretty fun. First few runs, primarily focus on getting upgrades.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
BM and Surv hunter are both incredibly easy rotations, but BM is boring AF and Surv is fun AF! lol

I feel like Survival is a melee spec of course, but has enough abilities that are ranged, that it doesn't feel shitty targetting a mob that's far away and feeling useless. On top of harpoon, there's aspect of the eagle --> raptor strike, serpent strike, bombs, etc. It's pretty sweet!

Going through the new quests on some other toons to find a class that feels as fun.

Ya I'm liking it. Rocking the goblin in Demonstalker pvp recolor with a spooky Scythe weap transmog.

I'm thinking going mostly survival for now and swap to BM if I really want/need to be ranged. We'll see how it shakes up at 120.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
As heard at the Blizzard water cooler:

Designer 1: "Hey let's put in all these new Allied Races with cool uniforms that you only get if level up without boosting. It will breathe some new life into the leveling content"
Designer 2: "That sounds fun! Let's make it more fun by getting rid of exp boosts and slowing down the whole leveling process"
Designer 3: "You got it! Oh! While we're at it the last time I played an alt things died way too fast and I couldn't use my cool abilities... can we like quadruple the health of trash mobs in dungeons?"
Designer 1: "But the whole idea of the Allied Races is that its part of a fun arcade-like-romp to level up new characters"​
Designer 2: (ignoring Designer 1) "Yes, exactly! You know how this could be even better? Lets squish the stats and re-scale everything so that people don't have to look at long numbers anymore."
Designer 1:"Okay but wouldn't we need to be really care--"​
Designer 3: (oblivious to Designer 1's existence) : "You know I bet I can do the whole stat squish bit with a single Excel macro!"
Designer 1:"Wait, how will this work with all the world autoscaling? I'm pretty sure the progression has never been linear..."​
Designer 2 & Designer 3 walk off chatting about how big their bonuses will be this quarter.​
Designer 1:"Guys... guys...?"​

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The levelling complaining is kind of a broken record thing at this point, because it came out so long ago (6-7 months). People complained then, but the stat squish was the nail in the coffin. Blizzard:

At this point, the feel and pacing of the level-up experience is a top priority for the team. We made deliberate changes to the feel of combat six months ago in 7.3.5, moving away from a world where low-level players (especially with heirlooms) could often kill outdoor enemies in 3-4 seconds, and where dungeon mobs died so quickly that a caster with a long windup might not even get a single spell off. Those changes were controversial at the time, but we stand by them as an improvement to the overall pacing of the game. But we also think that those changes went quite far enough, and have absolutely no desire or intent to continue moving in that direction. Nothing about the pre-patch was deliberately intended to make combat take longer than it did previously.

So why haven't we fixed it yet? Honestly, because we genuinely don't know where exactly the problem lies, and we don't want to make a blind blanket change that actually misses the real source of the problem. That's why much of Ythisens' and others' messages thus far have been asking the community for detailed examples to guide our search.

We "squished" stats and item levels, but this was done with the aim of being neutral with respect to the duration and lethality of combat. When we heard complaints about things taking too long to kill, we immediately assumed we'd gotten those calculations wrong. But a look at the raw data didn't suggest any clear anomalies. So we started testing empirically: We can run internal 7.3.5 builds, so we set up test characters (e.g. a level 70 wearing appropriate quest gear awarded by quests around that level - Item Level 115 in 7.3.5, Item Level 79 in 8.0.1) and fight outdoor enemies in 7.3.5, and then take the same character in 8.0.1 and fight the same enemies, and compare.

We are seeing the same sort of discrepancies that folks in this thread and others have pointed out, but still have yet to pinpoint the exact aspect of scaling that we failed to account for. We want to understand WHY the numbers are off and fix the underlying cause: Were stats on gear reduced too much? Some aspect of creature armor or other combat calculations? Are our baseline values accurate, but the shape of the scaling curve wrong such that it’s particularly far off the mark in the 60-80 range? We would prefer a targeted solution versus just applying a bandaid fix that could mask deeper issues that could cause problems down the line, but at some point it’s not fair to give you a degraded experience for the sake of that investigation, so we’ll likely go ahead with a blanket health reduction in the near future while we continue to investigate.

Either way, the current state is not the game experience we intended, and it’s something we will fix.

There is another issue tangentially related to this discussion that I also would like to address: Many feel that it takes too long to level in the 60-80 range in particular, and that the combat pacing issues discussed here are just a piece of that larger problem. We agree – currently players are taking about 15% longer per level, on average, in that range as compared to before 60 or after 80. We’re in the process of assembling a set of changes that will smooth out the experience curve at level 60 and beyond, reducing the experience requirements for those levels.

We’ll have further updates as specific changes roll out, but we’re prioritizing our work on this problem and hoping to get these improvements out to everyone in the coming days.

TLDR: they have tested it and agreed they fucked up SOMEWHERE and it's their top priority to fix.

I definitely think the stat squish math was fucked up because nothing feels right. Or they just laid down a flat % to squish and didn't take into account power levels per expansion. Who knows. I definitely don't think anyone is high-fiving over this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BTW since I have nowhere else to post this. Asmongold's room:

q2FCwTo.jpg

• 5WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dammit Noodle. Why are you trying to ruin my day? It's not even 9 A.M. here yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ya, the save Chromie thing is pretty fun. First few runs, primarily focus on getting upgrades.

I'm still learning it and I've gotten a few upgrades. I got mega pissed that I was trying to rush the dragonshrines so I didn't turn in my quests to unlock the time portals and had to do it again. Annoying.

I finished Postmaster this morning and that was actually harder than I expected lol. Took me like 30 minutes of back to back attempts.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea who that was but I looked him up and he's not 400 lbs like I thought he would be based on that pic. Grats him I guess.

edit: pic

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So druid travel form is the 60 or 100% move speed now, right? They patched it a while ago that it was the same speed as mounts?

Hunter and Warlock seem pretty fun, but damn if I can't stop thinking about Druid forms. I didn't get any transmog for them, so they don't look as cool as others, but it's just so convenient.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No idea who that was but I looked him up and he's not 400 lbs like I thought he would be based on that pic. Grats him I guess.

edit: pic

From the look of the state of his room, snacktime made a huge comeback somewhere in there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Asmongold is just a balding virgin streamer that rakes in like 50k viewers a session. He's living my dream. Yeah, I know what I said.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Asmongold is just a balding virgin streamer that rakes in like 50k viewers a session. He's living my dream. Yeah, I know what I said.

Probably pulling in a half mil a year too. Just ponder that shit a moment.