World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
What? Both of the Suramar dungeons were gated behind reputations at Legion launch. Tons of shit is gated by dailies and reputations and it's garbage because it's an artificial cockblock. Heroics, Mythics and even LFR still have item level gates to this day. Gating is Blizzard's go to move to stop people from consuming the 3 hours worth of new content we get every 6 months too fast.
I've just played through almost the entire expansion in a week and there's no gating other than the dungeon I mentioned that I'm just about to unlock (but I've already done the last raid?).

They either removed the gating there was or the welfare epics make it irrelevant. I mispoke before, I wa thinking that in Pandaria or Warlords you couldn't do a raid before doing the wings leading up to it. That's not true in Legion, I've literally just killed Kiljaeden and Arguss, that's it!

It would be helpful to have proper gating (FF14 does this) because then you can't accidentally do it out of order and make the story less epic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not enough gating in Modern WoW... K...

You're a special guy Chris.

The story actually takes you through the game in the correct order. Maybe if you read your quests as you received them... Or just googled it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They removed the gates like a year ago on a bunch of that stuff. Suramars questline was gated on a weekly (I think) cadence. Argus had time gating stuff. The two suramar dungeons were rep gated.

Just because you picked up the expansion the month before it ends doesn't mean this is how it was.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Back to considering disc priest for my 100 boost. I haven't really ever spent much time healing in WoW but have in other mmo's. My 110 boost can be a Mage or Warlock without blinking an eye if I want to dps. I do want to try out DH's because I love me mobility skills. I feel like if I'm forced to pick a role now I'd probably play the mage. Warlock is easier to master and do great dmg with imo and it's better in pvp, but I always had more fun on my mage in dungeons back when in vanilla/tbc/cata.

My I should just /random

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You originally didn't get access to World Quests until you completed all the quests of every area, save Suramar. And World Quests after that were gated by completing the story quest of that area. Everything was gate. We had like a 2 month build up of weekly quests for Nighthold, then the shit show weekly quests in Broken Shore before TOS, and Argus questing was also gated weekly. Like 75% of what's available wasn't in the game 2 years ago. None of it fkn matters, in two weeks another expansion, and if you're leveling up, getting from 100-110 happens in no time just hopping between WQ's, so you're not even going to experience anything from Legion legitimately, just like Cata/Mists/WOD areas.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Back to considering disc priest for my 100 boost. I haven't really ever spent much time healing in WoW but have in other mmo's. My 110 boost can be a Mage or Warlock without blinking an eye if I want to dps. I do want to try out DH's because I love me mobility skills. I feel like if I'm forced to pick a role now I'd probably play the mage. Warlock is easier to master and do great dmg with imo and it's better in pvp, but I always had more fun on my mage in dungeons back when in vanilla/tbc/cata.

My I should just /random

Disc priest is annoying as fuck to play after they broke it post-WOD. It plays fine solo, but kind of boring. If you love healing, it's a funky version of that role.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Disc priest is annoying as fuck to play after they broke it post-WOD. It plays fine solo, but kind of boring. If you love healing, it's a funky version of that role.
Yeah I dunno if I love healing, I like the idea of doing dps to heal though and having more control over my situation. I wouldn't mind trying out Monk in that role but I hear its a waste to use that for a boost due to their xp bonus?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm still pissy that 0 of the new races can be a DK. I've been a cow since Wrath, let me be something neeeeewwwwww.
Mag'har orcs can't be DKs nor warlocks. May switch my orc to a zandalari troll since they can be locks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I dunno if I love healing, I like the idea of doing dps to heal though and having more control over my situation. I wouldn't mind trying out Monk in that role but I hear its a waste to use that for a boost due to their xp bonus?
You'll have to come to terms with what you're playing though. As disc or mw monk you're 100% a healer and fully expected to take that role. There aren't any hybrid specs in this game in a traditional role. If you want to dps you have to play windwalker or shadow. You can dps while healing, but you're classified a healer and take up that slot

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Disc Priests are pretty strong at the moment, but they're different than other healers in that you need to be a lot more pro-active and understand the phases of the fights and set up for them more than just react to damage.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Cast shield, do dps, use oh shit buttons if you have to, cast your one heal if you have to. Doesn't sound that difficult, the main difference being you have to pay attention to peoples bars more than a DPS ever would.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Getting 40 people a key one at a time through UBRS was a bitch, but it definitely forced people to collaborate and work together, and endure waiting, while running the same shit instance 40 times just for that key to go and wipe on a dragon, with 10 minute ghost walks... Not sure if I like that better or worse than throwing your corpse at a boss 100 (4-600+) times before I clicks.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone know the time the Darkshore quests reset. I was able to do them twice today, but neglected to note the time of day when they reset. I know it's every twelve hours.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, the latter half of the day sometime everyone's quest log was cleared. Or at least mine and several other folks were. Wonder who got fired over that shit...

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
After doing the rest of the pre-patch quest, should we have 5 WQs a day in Darkshore now instead of four? Definitely got a fifth at first after finishing the quest, but today I was back to 4.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Likely as random as the 19-20 you get in the broken isles, just a smaller scale. On one character it went from 5 to 4, the other 4 to 5...

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
bring back keying for raids that takes a month

Onyxia 3.0 - Drops a rare inscription item that is required to create the inscription for your helmet (shaped like a giant glowing red L) that has to be worn to enter MC 2.0 and cannot be unequipped or you are ported to Booty Bay.