World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
WoW just had one of the biggest bugs in the history of the game today. There was a bug where any time you zoned or hearthstoned you could lose every quest in your quest log, all of them no matter how old they were just vanished. This is what happened to acidfly earlier today. The even better thing is that they are now admitting that they:
1. No longer have any capacity to roll back a character or server in wow, that the systems they had in the past to do this no longer exist.
2. They have no way of restoring a players quest log at all. So if they quest you lost is one that is no longer able to be picked up it's gone forever. No you can't put in a ticket to get anything completed for you.

In a game where the entire system is built on obtaining and completing quests this is pretty staggering. Thousands of people lost all of their ongoing quests and they never even put up a warning on the launcher while they were trying to find out what went wrong, then locked the main thread on the boards when it got to 71 pages of people reporting the bug and complaining.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
WoW just had one of the biggest bugs in the history of the game today. There was a bug where any time you zoned or hearthstoned you could lose every quest in your quest log, all of them no matter how old they were just vanished. This is what happened to acidfly earlier today. The even better thing is that they are now admitting that they:
1. No longer have any capacity to roll back a character or server in wow, that the systems they had in the past to do this no longer exist.
2. They have no way of restoring a players quest log at all. So if they quest you lost is one that is no longer able to be picked up it's gone forever. No you can't put in a ticket to get anything completed for you.

In a game where the entire system is built on obtaining and completing quests this is pretty staggering. Thousands of people lost all of their ongoing quests and they never even put up a warning on the launcher while they were trying to find out what went wrong, then locked the main thread on the boards when it got to 71 pages of people reporting the bug and complaining.

Fortunately it allowed me to re-complete several quests for a few hundred gold (I was able to pick up an immediately complete quests I'd already done). Still annoying in that I now have to find certain quest givers. But yeah, this is definitely the worst shit storm bug they've had to deal with save database lag, so I can't be too upset personally. Though certainly a huge....inconvenience to the masses.

Thought about checking out the forums to see if anyone else had experienced a similar issue, but knew someone fucked up and it wouldn't benefit me. Funny to hear they're hard balling the issue all the same.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Was a nice throw back to beta where my hunter was fucked by not getting the quest to tame a pet, and couldn't get talents (that didn't exist when I created my character). The live software development and pivotal method is certainly showing its fallout potential here.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is that even possible? Something must be wrong, even if you're only using one character.
The same way I never got that epic badge from Troll Patrol during WotLK despite running it for a year straight, because it was a <= 1% drop from a daily, IF you did it in the time limit! Yay!

In other words, because fuck you RNG.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
as someone who has pretty much played the first month of the last 3 expansions then called it a day, I really need to go back and unloock flying for these expansions. Watching everyone else level up alts flying all over the place, while i run around like a poor mans love child is really pissing me off . Do you still need to unlock it for WoD or can you just buy it now days? How long will the legion one take me to do?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
as someone who has pretty much played the first month of the last 3 expansions then called it a day, I really need to go back and unloock flying for these expansions. Watching everyone else level up alts flying all over the place, while i run around like a poor mans love child is really pissing me off . Do you still need to unlock it for WoD or can you just buy it now days? How long will the legion one take me to do?

It doesn't take that long. Just torque it out and do nothing other than work towards flying.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else ever had an issue in WoW where at times your mouse sensitivity would randomly get super high, as in your pov doing a 180 when it should normally just do a 45? This only happens in WoW, regardless of the mouse sensitivity ingame, and regardless of the mouse being used.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Anyone else ever had an issue in WoW where at times your mouse sensitivity would randomly get super high, as in your pov doing a 180 when it should normally just do a 45? This only happens in WoW, regardless of the mouse sensitivity ingame, and regardless of the mouse being used.
I get this often, like random spikes.
Happened to notice once that, for some reason, it was more common when I had certain websites open on my browser. (wowhead being one of them)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

Yep. Very annoying when I'm mousing and lose my bearing completely for a second.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Still need to do the Draenor pathfinder achieve to fly in WoD. In theory they should be releasing WoD Timewalking some time after BfA launches which should bring timewalking reputation tokens along with it, making that portion of it much simpler. But they may suddenly decide that TW rep tokens are too powerful and you can only buy them if you're 21 levels over the appropriate level for each expansion or some shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Getting real tired of the game randomly shutting off chat channels. Almost every day, I have to go back into settings and turn on Trade and/or General.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Still need to do the Draenor pathfinder achieve to fly in WoD. In theory they should be releasing WoD Timewalking some time after BfA launches which should bring timewalking reputation tokens along with it, making that portion of it much simpler. But they may suddenly decide that TW rep tokens are too powerful and you can only buy them if you're 21 levels over the appropriate level for each expansion or some shit.
If you've got gold to burn, you can get medallions which give you 1000 with every WoD faction at the AH.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone else getting raid lag again after prepatch?

I typically hover around 60 (dalaran) to 150-200 (outdoors) and in raids. In trash I'm fine, however as soon as a boss is pulled I tank to sub-60. If I'm streaming I drop super low.

This same thing happened to me before, and they patched the game and completely fixed it. But it's back. I tried changing the game to dx11 and dx12 to not much noticable difference. I even set my settings to like '2' once and still experienced it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I had this happening and I think it was due to them resetting the advanced system settings. Go in and uncheck the frame rate boxes for foreground/background. I found that it was capping me at 99fps and my mouse would do that wierd acceleration shit until I unchecked the max framerate boxes

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had this happening and I think it was due to them resetting the advanced system settings. Go in and uncheck the frame rate boxes for foreground/background. I found that it was capping me at 99fps and my mouse would do that wierd acceleration shit until I unchecked the max framerate boxes

This.

If you haven’t looked yet, check your system settings. This patch reset them and you all might have to set them back to your own preferences.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get this often, like random spikes.
Happened to notice once that, for some reason, it was more common when I had certain websites open on my browser. (wowhead being one of them)

I have been getting this once in a while recently. Where if I bump my mouse the whole POV spins fast for a second.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah got the same thing sometimes. I have pretty low sensitivity on my mouse and suddenly I'm like doing 1080s while just wanting to shift the camera a bit.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This might be the funniest thing you have ever said.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hey bros, anyone know if there is a way to get some money/items over from another realm?

This is the first time I've re-rolled on a new realm and I am poor as shit. If there isn't a way, is there any super-rich jerkface that can donate some bags?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the ultre speed mouse thing happens, the only thing I've noticed repeatedly is that I've had both mouse buttons pressed, but not always.