World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think questing is faster 1-110 than dungeons. I do all of the dungeons once for the quests, but after that the exp is variable. I took outland and 60-70 went super fast. I think I'll just stay there until I hit 80.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think questing is faster 1-110 than dungeons. I do all of the dungeons once for the quests, but after that the exp is variable. I took outland and 60-70 went super fast. I think I'll just stay there until I hit 80.

This is pretty much what I have found as well with the new system. Do each dungeon once as the quest completes are worth a lot but after that do mostly questing. Throwing in a dungeon now and then to break things up is fine but I don't really recommend just chain running them as questing is generally faster.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Darkmoon Faire is going on now too, so you can get those 10% rep/exp buffs. The merry-go-round can give you one, and there's hat buffs you can buy that do the same thing.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On a totally different subject : isn't the entirety of Pandaria technically neutral in the whole Horde vs Alliance business? All the Pandaren that joined up with either side came from the Wandering Isle and not mainland Pandaria. Not that I'd expect the Pandas really wanting to see anymore of the whole mess given what happened to the entire continent when the Alliance and Horde showed up.

Looks like they don't know what to do with Pandas lately. Storylines always seem to be about Orcs, humans and Sylvanas. Even the worgen and goblins barely feature. Wonder what they're going to do with all these new races being added.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I hope when void lords come they can ungay the shadow priest rotation. After all, should those who tap into the power of such powerful beings be subject to aids? I don't think so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is pretty much what I have found as well with the new system. Do each dungeon once as the quest completes are worth a lot but after that do mostly questing. Throwing in a dungeon now and then to break things up is fine but I don't really recommend just chain running them as questing is generally faster.
Just skip Dire Maul, the quests are not worth much xp compared to normal questing or other dungeons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well the dungeon queue isn't really worth using if you aren't getting the Random Dungeon bonus (which is like half a level until level 50ish) so it's kinda hard to pick and choose.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Well the dungeon queue isn't really worth using if you aren't getting the Random Dungeon bonus (which is like half a level until level 50ish) so it's kinda hard to pick and choose.

I don't remember what level you get the random option, but I did the singles as they appeared and then just random when I got the option. It seemed to spread me around pretty well. I can't recall that I had many duplicate runs.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that all the quests scale with you, just queue up and quest while you wait for the queue.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
also make sure you turn in quests before you leave the dungeon, I forgot one time and came back like 20 levels later to get my fancy 900 exp reward.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Interesting, would that be the reason that tonight when I had around 440ms world ping I was in some other instance with a shitty connection? If so, that could explain why the latency went down almost immediately after everyone left the instance (I stayed in for a bit).

If by instance you mean a dungeon/raid, then no, nothing should have changed when they left. If it was a world quest group or something outside of an instance, then yeah that can happen when the system shunts you back to your home server cluster. Actual instances are hosted at a specific data-center and everyone gets placed into it, so them leaving wouldn't have moved it just for you. But Blizzard has been screwing with how it all works for years now, so who knows.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You can buy heirlooms in UC/IF now so if you have any gold at all on any characters you should do that (they get added to your collection tab and can be accessed from any character on the account).

Questing and Dungeon Finder are about the same speed now.

Related - if you're super poor you can do things like wear heirlooms that are suboptimal. Leather on a plate class, caster cloak on melee, etc. They aren't otherwise restricted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Beautiful ancient World Tree City vs Already Destroyed sewer city fit for corpses. I think we know who won this trade boys.

5hf2xdjlthe11.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Listen men that's Sylvanas's home now okay? It's about the symbollogy.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If Darnasuss is so strategically important, why the fuck would the Alliance go somewhere else?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe we can get free renovations from Stormwind before we take it back? I liked the WoW website short stories detailing how utterly disgusting the Undercity is. That and Forsaken are gross too. Feeling your body decay and maggots under your skin. Replacing body parts with fresh ones and taking alchemical baths to preserve yourself from decay. What a place!

I am guessing they go to Undercity because they can mobilize that direction easier than Darnassus since the port is torched and all of the Horde shit still there. That and since the Orb of Translocation was used to ferry from Silvermoon to UC not a zeppelin we have no similar way of reinforcing UC quickly?

If any of that shit is canon. Who knows. Darkshore is FULL of Azerite this very important material right? Nah, Horde took it. Let's take nasty ass Undercity which doesn't have any Azerite as far as we know.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its not just Undercity, but all the surrounding land too. The Alliance wants not just revenge, but to put Calia Menethil on the throne of Lordaeron to own the area.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The swerve is the login screen is actually the aftermath of the simultaneous counterattack against Stormwind. The young king was outmaneuvered and paid dearly.

storm1.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Darkmoon Faire is going on now too, so you can get those 10% rep/exp buffs. The merry-go-round can give you one, and there's hat buffs you can buy that do the same thing.
Yea, and they broke massively skill quests there. All quests give only skill in the original skill, so once you're 300, you gain zero... Forget about finishing your skill (as it was in Legion, I forget which profession, but I had basically no choice for a long time but to grab Darkmoon every month for the last 15 pts)

... except somehow in Archaeology, which, despite being split in expansions, counts as 1-800...

...oh, and let's not forget, the fishing quest still requires Draenor-level fishing, but it uses your base fishing, so you're at 300, and your lures add... 7 skill. And it takes 5-8mn to fish the 5 fishes (making it the longest profession quest... fitting for fishing, I know)

(fun stuff: you can get legion cooking unlocked at any trainer, but until you do a quest for one recipe, you do NOT get any recipe to skill up)