World of Warcraft: Current Year

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think she'll end up in some Illidan type of situation, locked in conflict with a greater power or something dumb. She's undead so supposedly immune to the Old Gods influence, but we'll see.

Tyrande is supposed to be in Stormwind now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Anduin bites it and she takes over the Alliance.
With what Sylvanas has now done, I wouldn't be surprised if her sisters decided to stop her... somehow.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
With what Sylvanas has now done, I wouldn't be surprised if her sisters decided to stop her... somehow.

Someone was theorycrafting the idea that her sisters try to stop her and there's another assault on Silvermoon. Turalyon is supposedly fated to die, so they think Alleria might lose her shit and go void at the Sunwell causing a massive situation.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Eradicating Silvermoon would set things up well for the next expansion plus they would stop having to field 'why can't we just fly to Silvermoon?' questions.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you put the doom and gloom aside, are Ele shaman still good for a heroic level raiding? I mean even until 8.1, it should be boring, but mid level dps?

Malkav

French Madman
Someone was theorycrafting the idea that her sisters try to stop her and there's another assault on Silvermoon. Turalyon is supposedly fated to die, so they think Alleria might lose her shit and go void at the Sunwell causing a massive situation.

As seen in the Nightborne recruitment scenario, Alleria near the Sunwell is a big no no.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
With the zone scaling, I would think the quest xp would just be based on your level, rather than the zone you're in (within the lvl range for that zone). So if Outlands and Northrend are both 60-80 zones, their quests should give the exact same xp based on your lvl. Right?

I'm going to test this once I'm done in Nagrand. While it makes sense that the quest exp would be tied to your level after the scaling changes rather than the zone/expansion you're in it doesn't necessarily mean it's set up that way.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As seen in the Nightborne recruitment scenario, Alleria near the Sunwell is a big no no.

I think the windrunner short story set some things up. It is true, as Sylvanas explains, that she never chose to be undead and all the shit that came with it. She defended Quel Thelas to her dying breath.

Alleria however willingly embraced the Void to become less dependent on Mana or smth? The third sister stays with the alliance as a High Elf or some shit.

Void is bad juju. It'll bite.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider

The worst part is, she doesn't even tell Anduin anything about it. If you go to the Alliance side and listen, all she says is: "Oh, the talks we're.... unsuccesful." No mention at all about the fact that her mere presence allowed the Void to open a portal against her will and nearly consume the Sunwell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I would be okay with a tank in the mail armor class category. in vanilla i tried to play a tank enhancement shaman for dungeons, they had a bunch of armor and threat talents but just fell over dead as soon as they got melee'd.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The worst part is, she doesn't even tell Anduin anything about it. If you go to the Alliance side and listen, all she says is: "Oh, the talks we're.... unsuccesful." No mention at all about the fact that her mere presence allowed the Void to open a portal against her will and nearly consume the Sunwell.

Hope the alliance has no similar magical artifacts for this to occur again!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

When you talk to her in the embassy, she states: "One day Silvermoon will stand again on the side of the Alliance. I know it."

She didn't say "elves".

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Void coming in all-of-a-sudden like with the whole Aleria and Void Elf business has to be related to a relatively short term plotline. Some authors can use intricate yet subtle elements of narrative to apply nuanced layers of foreshadowing. Blizzard does not hire those people.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to test this once I'm done in Nagrand. While it makes sense that the quest exp would be tied to your level after the scaling changes rather than the zone/expansion you're in it doesn't necessarily mean it's set up that way.
Well, here is something odd. At lvl48 quests in STV were giving 10-11k xp, but when I got sent to Dire Maul in the Dungeon Finder, the quests there were only giving 5.5k (mobs were scaled up properly though).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would be okay with a tank in the mail armor class category. in vanilla i tried to play a tank enhancement shaman for dungeons, they had a bunch of armor and threat talents but just fell over dead as soon as they got melee'd.
Sounds like a job for a survival hunter imo!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The Void coming in all-of-a-sudden like with the whole Aleria and Void Elf business has to be related to a relatively short term plotline. Some authors can use intricate yet subtle elements of narrative to apply nuanced layers of foreshadowing. Blizzard does not hire those people.
If something something Void Lords end up trying to kill us all, and Sargeras was right in the first place, I'd say that's a hell of a long game, wouldn't you?

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So does anyone know how your Realm / Battlegroup and the Dungeon Finder system all work together? I've been seeing high latency while in dungeons for the past week or so (not always, but its not uncommon). I -think- the server I'm on (Baelgun) is hosted in Chicago (I'm in Iowa), but it is listed as a PST server. My normal latency while out in the open world questing shows "home/world" at 27ms, but in a Dungeon the "world" can go up to 250+, so I'm wondering if the Dungeon Finder is sending me to the LA datacenter since Baelgun is PST. Any ideas?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sylvanas is going to lead the Horde to a decisive and lasting victory against the Alliance. Old Gods, the Void, etc. are all macguffins. Just straight up military conquest.

No one will have seen it coming.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So does anyone know how your Realm / Battlegroup and the Dungeon Finder system all work together? I've been seeing high latency while in dungeons for the past week or so (not always, but its not uncommon). I -think- the server I'm on (Baelgun) is hosted in Chicago (I'm in Iowa), but it is listed as a PST server. My normal latency while out in the open world questing shows "home/world" at 27ms, but in a Dungeon the "world" can go up to 250+, so I'm wondering if the Dungeon Finder is sending me to the LA datacenter since Baelgun is PST. Any ideas?

Baelgun is an Oceanic server I'm pretty sure. And that's what happens when you get put on an OC server, your ping spikes a bunch because it's in Australia.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Baelgun is an Oceanic server I'm pretty sure. And that's what happens when you get put on an OC server, your ping spikes a bunch because it's in Australia.

This. I used to keep tabs on what realms were all oceanic because when using the worldquest group finder, it would be buggy and if you joined an OC realm for a quest, when done you'd get stuck on that OC realm until you changed characters etc. It kept phasing you there. so even your solo content was stuck with a massive ping. Same thing with joining premade dungeon groups etc. Only positive side to an OC realm over South America is there's no "HUEHUEHUE ima queue tank but do nothing except ruin your group" types.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure Baelgun is a US server, its "connected" with Doomhammer, plus its not listed in the Oceanic tab.