World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Quin is a bit more charismatic than Asmongold, but you're probably right. I think he's mentioned he doesn't feel comfortable playing other games because he thinks he'd lose people.
He would lose some but gain others. He does something most people don't do. He doesn't pretend he's awesome at games. He plays them like any other mouth breather and makes his watchers feel like they could do anything he can. Or at least the twice I have watched him that's what I have seen him do.

Most big streamers want you to worship them. They want you to think they are super cool people and better then you. Asmon is just some scrub you probably met at a game store who hasn't showered in a week and plays at a barely acceptable level.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Asmongold said if he didn't stream WoW it would be either PUBG or PoE. He has admitted he plays alot of PoE off stream. I think his transmog and mount off competitions helped him too. I find his comment during the competition funny at times especially with Tigerpanda. Honestly no other WoW streamer has done that and I even saw a streamer named StaysafeTV started doing classic wow tranmogs competition. And yes he is fucking disgusting.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
None of them are "charismatic". At all. Asmon is so successful because whether on purpose or not he interacts with his viewers and makes them feel like he actually listens to them and cares what they say and he has a personality. Whether you like his personality or not is another story, I think he's fucking disgusting, but misery loves company and people also like to look at other people they feel they are better than. He also does a shitload of stuff with his viewers. Things like killing the faction leaders, clearing old raids then inviting viewers in for final boss kills so they have a chance at the mount without having to clear themselves, etc etc etc. Stuff he's already done and gotten himself.

WoW is not a fun game to watch other people play so he has to engage his audience somehow, and he does it better than any other streamer that streams WoW. And it's not even close. You can say "must be nice" when you look at his sub numbers but most WoW streamers struggle to get even 1k subs and I think the low sub number streamers only get $1.75 per sub. Less if they are twitch prime subs. The dude has followers because he worked at building his stream and making it good. He actually puts time and effort into making his stream interactive and interesting. He's a lot smarter than I would expect a disgusting shut in to be which makes me believe a lot of what he says and does on stream is an act. A very good one.

His Transmog beauty pageants determining if you get to be in his raid or not and mount offs are pretty funny. His transmog critique (shitting on them) is probably his best attribute.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I should give you my next Twitch Prime sub, then. Daddy needs more coffee.
I don't know if you're the daddy or I'm the daddy but.. well I guess we both are.

I don't know what I get for twitch prime, I received my first one the other day. I think it's the same rate though.

In any case no one needs to sub to me, I just do it for fun.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't give a damn about Asmongold, but it's pretty simple to figure out why he's popular. His "It's cha boi, Asmongold" greeting became a meme, and despite his obvious deficiencies, he was producing some pretty direct-to-the-point content on Youtube that had some insights that few other youtubers could manage. He stood out from the clickbait bullshit that was/is pervasive across the WoW youtube content. No idea what his streaming is like.

I think the low sub number streamers only get $1.75 per sub. Less if they are twitch prime subs.

2.50 is the low end of the share with sub money, and bigger streamers can negotiate for a bigger cut. The twitch prime cut is the same as a normal sub, but it requires manual renewal.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd rather watch asmongold than someone like sodapoppin because you know asmongold actually plays for fun where soda goes to whatever game will make him money. Also asmongold can identify where any piece of armor in the game came from on the spot. He was my raid entertainment during EN through NH

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I like watching people speed run old nintendo games but can't stand watching people play WoW. And Asmongold looks like ghetto Banky from Mallrats.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Crazy part is his stream started really growing when he stopped raiding hardcore and started farming shit. All he does now is farm older tier content for tranmogs and mounts and his viewers love it. Dude is casual as the fuck and he's WoW biggest streamer. No other consistent WoW streamer has that many viewers or subs. Towellie anf Sloot raid pretty hardcore and don't even have those numbers like him.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the farming stuff makes for better viewer interaction. I was watching Towellie before work today and he would group up with people that were helping him farm a rare mount from a Pandaland world boss(Sha of Anger). People get off on helping out the streamer a lot. Sadly, I don't get to watch Asmon a lot since he's usually done streaming before I get home from work. I'm sure he'll poopsock it up next week though.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Crazy part is his stream started really growing when he stopped raiding hardcore and started farming shit. All he does now is farm older tier content for tranmogs and mounts and his viewers love it. Dude is casual as the fuck and he's WoW biggest streamer. No other consistent WoW streamer has that many viewers or subs. Towellie anf Sloot raid pretty hardcore and don't even have those numbers like him.
Because no one wants to watch someone prog mythic bosses outside of the top 3 race

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what is worse, wow lore discussion or bag mod fights.

Fuck me for talking about a game in its specific thread, and fuck you for complaining about it.

24a.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Asmongold also has his "from the treehouse" series where he doesn't play the "Asmongold" character and has some pretty good insight on streaming/twitch/etc. he's the same person on and off stream but admits he tries to be a bit more mantic when he's streaming. He has a lot of well thought out ideas about streaming etc, i don't agree with all of them but he's at
least put some research into it. this is a decent one.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fuck me for talking about a game in its specific thread, and fuck you for complaining about it.
Oh, I am not complaining at all. I just find it hilarious how defective I am that I don't find any lore interesting at all.

This is a deficiency on my part and my part alone.

• 1Like